Poll

Which series do you like the most amongst our current & past projects?

3000 Leages in Search of Mother
Magical Angel Creamy Mami
Magical Fairy Persia
NANA
Tsubasa Chronicle S2
Peach Girl Live Action
Sailor Moon Musicals
Galaxy Express 999
Captain Harlock TV(1978)
Queen Millennia
Ask Dr. Rin (w/HnK)
Yawara (w/Froth-Bite)
Chou Kuse ni Narisou
Glass Mask TV (original)
Kimagure Orange Road Pilot
Sergeant Ribbit OP
Tonde Buurin
Detective Academy Q (w/Ideology)
Gallery Fake (w/Ideology)
The Snow Queen
French Condor Hero
Sailor Stars
Yadamon
Oban Star Racer
Death Note
Wellber no Monogatari (NEW!)
Shion no Ou
Your Under Arrest Full Throttle

Author Topic: POLL: Most fav series amongst the current ongoing and recently dropped projects.  (Read 185574 times)

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
I voted at "the snow queen" since,
Also each episode is full of events, there happens a lot. If I had to mark the score from 0-10 regarding to Dragon Ball Z Snow Queen deserves 10. Even comparing to Tsubasa Chronicle I rate 8. There are plenty of events in the anime.

A Snow Queen, Tsubasa AND DBZ fan??????? :o

lol, what has the world come to. ::)

-Tsubasa
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
I also liked Tsubasa C. but I did just vote on snow queen since how we turn it up or down, Tsubasa was taken over by the YGO. YGO has taken up the lead of more then five eps and comparing the quality his or yours fansub, not a real different. So, I truely like TC people, don't get me wrong, but taking out YGO's lead is out of the question speaking of eps and ~same quality.

YGO LEAD?  :o
Hah, don't make me laugh.   ::) 8) I appreciate them subbing it, and I do leech their releases, but their quality isn't anywhere as good as L-E's...amateurish translation, ending karaoke off.  ::) I like their opening karaoke though.  But anyway, at the speed they are subbing, they'll never finish before the license on Season 2 is announced, and I'm sure they'll try to continue afterwards and maybe get a cease and desist, who knows.  After all, they've started subbing Season 1 here.  Their speed is so damn frustrating and if you knew a decent level of Japanese, I'd stay forget about subs and stick to raws.  :-\ Instead of wasting their valuable time on releasing Season 1 eps at this rate and on developing their websites and researching about unnecessary things, and responding stupidly to stupid leechie whims, they should get their ass back to where it should be.....RELEASE TSUBASA SEASON 2 LAND!!!  >:(

-Tsubasa
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432

Offline Hirvine

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
    • World of Shenja
A Snow Queen, Tsubasa AND DBZ fan??????? :o

lol, what has the world come to. ::)

-Tsubasa
Hehe, think about a boy in a country without any anime. Then suddenly just two years back he discovers "anime" and the world changes. I'm not really a DBZ fan, I even did not like it. But it's told to me, whenever you start as an anime you should know some movies/series. Just like every anime freak knows CSS, Neon Genesis Evangelion, (aww even have to sum up) pokemon ...

Also, I'm not aware of your (towards the whole community) knowledge of anime. So I can compare it with an unknown or unfamiliar anime but that won't do anyone good since nobody would know what I compare too. So I also recommend you, if you like to compare when, for example writing a review, compare with something famous. Summing up infamous anime's will loose all you readers since they ain't familiar with it and doesn't know what you are talking about.

About you post
YGO LEAD?  :o
Hah, don't make me laugh.   ...
Oh well, I'm depended on translation since I can't read/understand anything of Japanese. So I suppose you are right.
Speed, didn't notice since you stalled the project. I'm sorry for getting the wrong conclusions. Still quality I'm not so sure...

AviCodec (shows off a better quality at YGO).
Though the video quality should better since it has to most MB to it (L-E and YGO has ~175MB each ep). Still it has a low score at AviCodec and AniDB. (Don't feel attacked please, just used AviCodec and AniDB to check).

Avicodec

http://hirvine.com/just/DB_LE vs YGO using AVI codec.jpg

Source, both DTV.
YGO scores better at Anidb ( http://anidb.info/a4046 )

Again, I'm not wanting to attack your pride of quality, but it needs to explain. (I NEVER said your quality sucks, cause it's great and my divx players can play your files meaning you have a clean xVid codec and using it very well and what I have learned in these years, that's rare. People often do not know how to make a clean encode, but you can! So that's what you makes great. And as always it looks great. So I did not complain. I only leeched YGO's TC, and I'm not fan of YGO. I even never visited their homepage. I'm fan of L-E, so don't worry about that. Still some facts above needs to be explained if YGO's quality really 'sucks'.)

For those not read carefully. I did NOT rate the translated quality. Tsubasa says it so sucks you can better watch raws. I cannot rate it. So if that's true, then as fanSUB YGO really fails.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 11:29:09 am by Hirvine »

For manga, games and programs
Current program, Anime Manga Ost Manager at amo.worldofshenja.com, manage your backups!

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
Okay, here is the deal. I did not say YGO SUCKS anywhere.  I am not even assuming you think our ones suck either.  :) They are nowhere near to sucking fansubs.  I rate theirs as good/decent...but just saying our translation and speed (when we were subbing it. mind it it's 'dropped?' not stalled or anything  ;) ) and karaoke timing was better.  I like their colored subtitling fonts and the dedicated opening karaoke, but the ending karaoke has proved to be a pain to follow for those who follow them::) They are so clearly off that even non-fansubbers can spot where they went wrong.  ::) Kazenokoe has done a decent job on their Tsubasa Chronicle h264 release of episode 1, but 5-6 lines from the opening karaoke were VERY CLEARLY off.  So yeah, non of them SUCK:-\ Just that. we're better in some aspects.  ;D

(Of-course I might also be biased and 'seeing' things ;)...but that's not really my nature :-\).

-Tsubasa

P.S.  All I want YGO to do is to get their ass back on subbing Season 2 before it's licensed  >:( and forget about doing Season 1 (for which they'll hopefully get a cease and desist  >:(). They pay too much attention on trivial matters.  (If it matters, Did I ever like Yugioh! the anime?  Answer is no.  ;D)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 12:50:04 pm by Tsubasa »

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
Hehe, think about a boy in a country without any anime. Then suddenly just two years back he discovers "anime" and the world changes. I'm not really a DBZ fan, I even did not like it. But it's told to me, whenever you start as an anime you should know some movies/series. Just like every anime freak knows CSS, Neon Genesis Evangelion, (aww even have to sum up) pokemon ...

Haha, dude tell me. I live in a country where people haven't ever heard of the word 'anime' let alone know how famous and unique Japanese animations are.  I was raised in Japan and that's how I got into it.  But when I got back here, all I could get access to was some stupid dubbings on Cartoon Network like PokeMon (of-course I saw it back in Japan), Beyblade, DBZ, Transformer, CCS (my favorite, watched the entire series back in Japan on NHK while it was being broadcasted from 1998-2001), DigiMon, and Yugioh! Duel Masters.  AXN was showing Fushigi Yuugi, Rayearth and Flame of Recca---again stuff I've watched.  Then Animax South Asia came and I saw many of the same old stuff were being broadcasted in English there (Animax dubbing).  The dubbings were better than what VIZ, 4kids or Nevlana would do but still, a dub would never make me fall in love with an anime.

The only dubbings I enjoyed were Daa! Daa! Daa! and Detective Academy Q (got to watch a few eps though) and then I found fansubs by means of Tsubasa Chronicle, browsed into Live-evil's page when ep. 29 and 30 were being delayed, saw they needed t/l for DAQ, and then got recruited.

Now by being involved in fansubbing. I am learning about other famous titles that have been released in the last 5 years (I left Japan in 2001) and trying to get and watch them.

Between the time I left Japan and started watching fansubs, I used to go the anime websites and read spoilers and reviews...although I don't generally like reading them, cause I was pretty sure that unless I somehow managed to get hold of the DVDs, I will never get to watch them in Japanese.

-Tsubasa

Offline swarlock

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Re: POLL: Most favorite series amongst the current active (and stalled) project
« Reply #125 on: September 01, 2006, 03:32:46 am »
I voted for the following

Galaxy Express 999
Captain Harlock TV 1978
Queen Millenia
The Snow Queen

The third one I was curious about and decided to DL the torrent. Not too bad a Matsumoto anime.  I'll be getting the 2nd episode tonight.

The Snow Queen sounds good so I included it and hope to see more soon as well.

Offline bobby6

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
Re: POLL: Most fav series amongst the current ongoing and recently dropped proje
« Reply #126 on: September 04, 2006, 01:30:27 am »
Calling all anime fans!!!!

Live-eviL currently has a major shortage of dedicated QCers. :'(
This does not bode well for quick and efficient releases of YOUR FAVORITE ONGOING L-E SERIES!!! :o
Yes, you heard me right! If you would like to help speed the fansubbing process along for your favorite ongoing LE series, or in some cases simply get it moving through QC again, please check out the "Come QC for Live-Evil" thread in the "Live-eviL Recruitment Center" Forum. Read what various staff members have to say about the job, and if you think you might be able to help out send me a PM ASAP! Thank you in advance to those who are willing to give it a try!
"<YaoiBoy> hi guys
<YaoiBoy> nice job getting DN out
<Blue_Mage> I think I might be addicted to the ending song...
<Blue_Mage> It's so pretty."
ROFL ;D

Offline kumiikoHui

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
hii. :) i voted for tsubasa chronicles is because i feel that tsubasa chronicles is the bestest anime i had ever seen. the story of tsubasa chronicles is really touching and i really learn alot from it. i want to know what is going to happen to them and learn more things from it. so i really hope that you will continue to subbs tsubasa chronicles. ;)

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
Re: POLL: Most fav series amongst the current ongoing and recently dropped proje
« Reply #128 on: September 05, 2006, 08:37:53 am »
Umm.....

NO

PS
Sending whiney PM's = really god way of pissing people off
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
I agree. PMing staff isn't really the best idea, especially since most staff find it extremely annoying. If you wanna know something, just ask in the forums unless you want to join the L-E sub crew or qc team.

-Tsubasa

Offline Amrod

• n00b Hero
  • I'm just your common uncommon kid 'round the block
    • View Profile
I voted for Tsubasa Chronicle Season 2. I found TC a great anime, it's one of those few anime that quickly caught my attention and I really enjoyed early on. Many other anime (which are still very good) take time to like, or you need a bit of patience before you get attached to it, but TC was one of those few that hooks you up real quick  :)  It's got a good story line, character development and pretty good quality, not to mention the great quality of the fan subbing.....THANK YOU VERY MUCH ALL YOU STAFF THAT WORKED SO HARD ON IT!  ;D It's people like you that allow us non-Japanese speakers or others to really enjoy anime, so thanks again! I hope that this project can be revived, but understandably many things come before that, such as each person's personal life or difficulties, nevertheless thank you very much for your dedication on it. 
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 05:35:54 pm by Amrod »
<(Amrod)> says "Birthdays tell how long you've been on the road, not how far you've travelled"

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
You're welcome.  :D And thank Tofu for dropping it.  :P ( :( )

-Tsubasa

Offline Xanadu

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 16, 2006, 11:37:16 pm »
I voted for:

Magical Fairy Persia:  I, and especially my husband, like the older magical princess shows from the eighties.  I would like to get them all eventually.  (I would have added Creamy Mami, but you said only 4  :( )

Galaxy Express, Captain Harlock, and Queen Millenium filled out the rest of my vote, as I have been a total Matsumoto fangirl since first discovering Harlock.  I want everything he's done!
I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
Oh a Mami and Matsumoto fan = makes all the current ACTIVE >_> staff happy.

-Tsubasa

Offline rogue

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
    • Sea of Space
There is only Matsumoto..... ;)