Poll

Which series do you like the most amongst our current & past projects?

3000 Leages in Search of Mother
Magical Angel Creamy Mami
Magical Fairy Persia
NANA
Tsubasa Chronicle S2
Peach Girl Live Action
Sailor Moon Musicals
Galaxy Express 999
Captain Harlock TV(1978)
Queen Millennia
Ask Dr. Rin (w/HnK)
Yawara (w/Froth-Bite)
Chou Kuse ni Narisou
Glass Mask TV (original)
Kimagure Orange Road Pilot
Sergeant Ribbit OP
Tonde Buurin
Detective Academy Q (w/Ideology)
Gallery Fake (w/Ideology)
The Snow Queen
French Condor Hero
Sailor Stars
Yadamon
Oban Star Racer
Death Note
Wellber no Monogatari (NEW!)
Shion no Ou
Your Under Arrest Full Throttle

Author Topic: POLL: Most fav series amongst the current ongoing and recently dropped projects.  (Read 181737 times)

Offline kayryn

• kl33my Hero
  • Life is just.
    • View Profile
I voted for Snow Queen because it was an all-time favourite of mine growing up. Combined with the fantastical anime theme and you've got a winner for me Also, Tsubasa because ...well, I like it. I love most things clamp, and CCS was great. seeing the characters again is very nice.

Also, Sailor Moon and sailor Moon Musicals, because I love some of the music from the musicals and Sailor Moon was a classic series not to be competed with.
I never know what to put for these things....

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
As for Pelsia -- I don't actually like Pelsia; it has no consistency whatsoever. Strike that vote.

-Galen
Hi Galen, thanks for voting.  Sorry for Yadamon :-[---I have included it now. :P
But I said ONLY VOTE FOR THOSE WHICH ARE YOUR FAVORITE.  If you don't really like Pelsia, you shouldn't have voted for it.   ;)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 12:47:38 am by Tsubasa »
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline Zora

• n00b Hero
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
3000 leagues in search of mother  because i always bitch about this series never being around haha.  but seriously i do  miss it.

and then i picked sailor stars because it doesn't seem like the other group is going to finish it.

and then i picked the musicals because... well, never cared for them much really.

Offline WillTRiker

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Voted for 3 titles, but only will mention Ask Dr. Rin as I happened to find this a really nice and laid back series and I would love to see the rest of it.

Offline dragon300zx

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
Yawarra, Nana, Ask dr, rin and Detective Academy cause those are my favorites. 

Offline Cheez

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
I voted for 3
1. TC because it's all about love and sacrifice plus I looove Kuropon!
2. Galaxy Express 999 because our local station only showed around 10 episodes then stopped, leaving me a taste for more
3. Captain Harlock, for the same reason as 2.

Also, thanks Tsubasa for listing all of L-E subs, I didn't know they are so many!!!! :o 

I will at least look at everyone of them, maybe the next time this poll is around my choices might change!
"Puu! That's one of my 108 secret skills: Super Suction Power!" --Mokona--

Offline Zora

• n00b Hero
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
I said it before I am saying it again, SELECT ONLY THOSE WHICH YOU REALLY LIKE...if you don't care for a series, just don't vote for it. Gosh   ::)

Yeah but i watch it occasionally -_-. i'm only voting for it because it shouldn't be dropped.

Offline Masakari

• kl33my Hero
  • Scourge of the Matsumoto Division (FLAME!)
    • View Profile
    • Live Evil
Okay....this thread is BS. First of all, the overwhelming majority of Tsubasa fans just leech and leave, and dont say a friggin thing. Period. Not even a Thank you. What a bunch of dumbfrucks.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
I voted for 3
1. TC because it's all about love and sacrifice plus I looove Kuropon!
2. Galaxy Express 999 because our local station only showed around 10 episodes then stopped, leaving me a taste for more
3. Captain Harlock, for the same reason as 2.

Also, thanks Tsubasa for listing all of L-E subs, I didn't know they are so many!!!! :o 

I will at least look at everyone of them, maybe the next time this poll is around my choices might change!

Thanks Cheez, you should really try out our other series.  We bring you what normally other groups don't even care for, true anime classics----animes thats should be respected by all true anime fans. :D
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
Yeah but i watch it occasionally -_-. i'm only voting for it because it shouldn't be dropped.

Gee,  :D thanks, we'd really appreciate if you let us know which projects we should be focusing on---that is projects you don't want us to drop at any cost.  But again, I agree with Masakari, that my thread is below standard, cause no one even thanks us for all the hard work.  Most of the animes we deal with are oldies--hence low DVD video and audio quality, etc....high pitched voices, mumbles...and it's really hard to translate and time them...unlike those series from the 90s and the latest ones.  Yet we do it because we want to bring classics to you and we're determined.  It's all for the true love of anime and because we respect those who brought anime to us.  So I do think, personally, that we deserve some thanks.....although we'd still continue....thanks or not....because it's what dedicated anime fans and fansubbers should be doing.

-Tsubasa
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 11:24:06 am by Tsubasa »

Offline Elchfaenger

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
Hm, this is a poll thread, isn't it? Not a "Show-L-E-how-grateful-you-are"-thread. I thought you only wanted a vote plus a short explanation and no hymn.
I personally appreciate your work and dedication for such series, but to me this is not the place to say so.
Speed doesn't kill - its the sudden stop that hurts!

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
Hm, this is a poll thread, isn't it? Not a "Show-L-E-how-grateful-you-are"-thread. I thought you only wanted a vote plus a short explanation and no hymn.
I personally appreciate your work and dedication for such series, but to me this is not the place to say so.

What I meant was, we don't get much thank yous anywhere, this thread or not.

Offline Nao

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
I didn't get to vote for all shows I wanted to vote for, so I'll give reasons for all of them:
- 3000 leagues: I don't think any other group is doing it... It's a very nice show and I heard the last episodes are fantastic. Plus, a Takahata/Miyazaki combo is never something to be dropped ;)
- Creamy Mami because the show is almost over and it would be a shame not to let American viewers discover the really excellent last episodes (pianist, first kiss, final stage, etc.)
- Pelsia, just because I'd like to see the final two episodes out. They're quite awesome as well.
- Galaxy Express 999, Captain Harlock and Queen Millennia, because old Matsumoto shows were really something. GE999 has great final episodes, Harlock has a very good soundtrack and Queen Millennia... Well, I loved the movie.
- Glass Mask, another interesting show. It's already been completed by another group (non-digital fansub) years ago, though.
- Snow Queen, Dezaki/Sugino combo. 'nuff said. (Plus, no other group is doing it.)

Offline Elric of Grans

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
I voted for:
Mahou no Tenshi Creamy Mami --- because it is almost finished; when it is done, I would change my vote to Mahou no Yousei Persia
Ai to Yuuki no Pig Girl Tonde Buurin --- the little I have seen of this was awesome: we need more pig-girl!
I then voted for Matsumoto Leiji, because Lejiverse titles rock.  I went with Ginga Tetsudou 999 and Uchuu Kaizoku Captain Harlock; I have only seen the one episode of Shin Taketori Monogataro 1000-nen Joou, so I do not yet know if it is any good or not.

I also watch NANA and Tsubasa Chronicle, but I would rather see more episodes of the above titles.

Offline TootsiePop

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
In order of favoritism...

I like Peach Girl Live-Action because it stays really close to the plot line (more than that of the Anime). Plus, I'm a fan of Vaness Wu <3 He's such a heartthrob.

I like the Snow Queen because I think it has a nice unique plot. I don't watch it anymore since I ran out of room on my computer, but while I was watching it I thought it was pretty cool. It did update slow and didn't go very fast at some parts, but never the less it was good.

I like Tsubasa for various reasons. It has a nice interesting plot, but it does move extremely slow. It does leave me wondering at some points what will happen, but most of the time it's just too slow to put up with. I do, however, LOVE the music in it. I haven't seen much from the second season, so I can't really input on the music that much, but I know the music from the first season was amazing.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 02:03:09 am by TootsiePop »