Poll

Which series do you like the most amongst our current & past projects?

3000 Leages in Search of Mother
Magical Angel Creamy Mami
Magical Fairy Persia
NANA
Tsubasa Chronicle S2
Peach Girl Live Action
Sailor Moon Musicals
Galaxy Express 999
Captain Harlock TV(1978)
Queen Millennia
Ask Dr. Rin (w/HnK)
Yawara (w/Froth-Bite)
Chou Kuse ni Narisou
Glass Mask TV (original)
Kimagure Orange Road Pilot
Sergeant Ribbit OP
Tonde Buurin
Detective Academy Q (w/Ideology)
Gallery Fake (w/Ideology)
The Snow Queen
French Condor Hero
Sailor Stars
Yadamon
Oban Star Racer
Death Note
Wellber no Monogatari (NEW!)
Shion no Ou
Your Under Arrest Full Throttle

Author Topic: POLL: Most fav series amongst the current ongoing and recently dropped projects.  (Read 185567 times)

Offline pudzrus

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
  I voted for Mami and Yawara.  Quite some time ago, my oldest son gave me the first 37 eps of Mami, which I devoured.  I was completely entranced (my youngest daughter was Yuu's age, and they are very much alike), and heartbroken to discover the long wait between releases.  I guess I just can't handle "observus interruptus".  So now I'm waiting for the series to finish before watching again. [Seven more eps to go- hooray!]
  Same thing with Yawara- I just got wrapped up in it; I love her spirit.

Folks, I really appreciate L-E's sticking with these projects. It must be disheartening to them to see the small numbers, which do not reflect the worth of these stories.  I suspect many watchers just lost patience, and I think you won't really see the true number of interested parties until these series are finished, and someone posts them on Box.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
Hmm, no one has posted in this thread for the last 3 days  :o .  Grrrr  :-\ .....WHERE IS EVERYONE :'(???!!!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 09:02:20 pm by Tsubasa »
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline Cheez

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
I did not vote for Mami but I did go and watch the first five episodes of Mami, and decided that they are not my cup of tea...but I can see why others might find it appealing.  The main character is very cute and pink!

I much prefer the more stylized drawings of both Matsumoto's animes Galaxy Express 999 and Captain Harlock although at times I find the moralizing aspects of these two series a bit on the pedantic side  ;)

Why did I post, so that Tsubasa would not feel too lonely, plus it's raining out and I'm waiting for the World Cup quarter finals!  ;D
"Puu! That's one of my 108 secret skills: Super Suction Power!" --Mokona--

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
I am not a big fan of 80's fluffy art, nor I am a fan of Matsumoto style art.  I like character designs like those of Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, KOR, Sailor Moon.  Background art is nice in all the current series...Haruhi has nice designs too, although not anything so special. I don't like too much color, yet.
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432

Offline Pluto_Child

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
I personally love Captain Harlock, definetely my fave of your current projects.  I am also one of those Matsumoto freaks, so I can safely say I like Queen Millenia and GE999.  I agree with the several posts that think your translations of NANA rocked.  I am sorry you had to drop it.  On an old waaaaaaaaaay back note, I am also currently enjoying your long finished translation of Rose of Versailles.  I am really getting into retro classic anime at the moment.  I just find all the colors and the sheer amount of hand painted cells to be an amazing thing.  I have the utmost respect for the classics.  I am glad to see you subbing so many old shows, I am really enjoying them a lot (I like new shows too, and I am not like 40 or something and remember Harlock from when I was little, I wish I did, but I don't I am an 80's kid, born in '81, so there you go :P).  Keep up the great work!!!
~Plu~

Offline Masakari

• kl33my Hero
  • Scourge of the Matsumoto Division (FLAME!)
    • View Profile
    • Live Evil
I agree with the several posts that think your translations of NANA rocked. 

You are the worst sort of fan we have here on board. crawl back to your pop culture trash, insect!

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
You are the worst sort of fan we have here on board. crawl back to your pop culture trash, insect!

Tofu worked hard to get those t/l out...he doesn't get RZproduction translations like you people do.  You don't have the biggest problem of getting someone to transalte them, so you don't know the pain and should hence just SHUT UP, you hopeless troll. 

And his translations are A LOT BETTER than your stuff...massively edited crappy RZproduction translations.  Have you ever heard any compliment about your translated scripts?  I bet not cause you know very well that the original ones sucked.  It's a shame you cannot get someone to properly translate them.  It's a great thing that we have a new t/l for GE999...that show deserves it.  The Matsumoto division works really hard to get some substance out of those t/l scripts that you had to get from elsewhere which needs massive editing to bring into shape.

And grow up you dumbo Masa-chan.  [/b] [/size]

Gosh, you are growing more and more retarded day by day.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 11:25:16 am by Tsubasa »

Offline Masakari

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
    • Live Evil
A)It remains to be seen how well the New TL works out. Seriously, no matter how good someones linguistics are, it may take a while before they are able to make good scripts.

B)Youre absoultely correct, If i just went poof, this place would be so much better. But Im hungry, and theres lots of yummy troll food here.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
Well, yes.  Flashing a TL checked episode in 3 hours is not such an impossible mission...considering Tofu Tls an episode in like 2 hours.  You have to see how long it takes him to actually translate an episode.

Offline tekkaman_x

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
I voted for Captain Harlock / Queen Millenia and GE999 because I really enjoy the works Leiji Matsumoto creates. There's just something about them... I can't really explain it...

I also voted for Tsubasa Chronicle because I enjoy the series, no big reason really

Offline Masakari

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
    • Live Evil
I voted for Captain Harlock / Queen Millenia and GE999 because I really enjoy the works Leiji Matsumoto creates. There's just something about them... I can't really explain it...

I also voted for Tsubasa Chronicle because I enjoy the series, no big reason really

Man....I dun get how ye can like Tsubasa one one hand, and then appreciate Matsumoto stuff. I mean, I admit both are stupid, but....common man? Harlock could just smile at the entire Clamp Universe, and theyd run away. Exept for Hikaru, cause shes the hawt red-head chik, who cant back down. And Fuu, casue shes HAWET too. Omg....

SO I remember this one Rayearth Episode, where there was like this EVIL dude, and he wanted to be EVIL, so he was like DUDE, Im going to be mean today and make people sufffer. So he got in his uber Mecha with uber minions (Also in Uber mecha, go figuer ::)) and then was like AHHAAHAHAHH THE WORLD IS MINE (Also, at this point, hes a clamp guy so like 400000 gurlz are fawining over him and making Yaoi Fanfics....)

Okay okay So back to the story. So hes doing bad stuff and making a mess, when CAPTAIN HARLOCK comes on down to show him whos boss. So the Arcadia comes RUMBLIN into Magic-Land and captian harlock is ONTOP of it, steering the whole thing and basically lollerskatin. So the evil dude is like OMFG im D-E-D DEAD, and starts to shit his cool looking armor, but then Black Jack is like OMG dude, if you do that youll lose teh fan gurlz, Take this Pepto-Bismol. SO he takes it, and doesnt shit his armor, but hes STILL REALLY friggn scared, which is understandable given Harlocks Smile and the arcadia bearing down on him, and shooting up his minions, as they had all charged the ship tying to one up each other and look good infront of the boss (as that is what minions do, no?) Okay so then all the minoins either ran away after seeing Harlocks battle smile after he shot em all one by one, not counting the one time he got shot directly, but then just bled a bit and smirked, invoking a HORRRIBLE WAVE OF SHEER HORROR and causing WHOLE RANKS OF GOONS TO FLEE FOR THIER LIVES!!!!

Okay, so the big evil clamp dude is like, SCREW this! and hes like, asking Black Jack to make him buff, becasue he was really skinny so he could be popular with teh chicks and get into fanfics. Okay So Black jack is like SHURE, ill give you UBAR MUSCLES, for 1,000,000 DOLLARS!! AHAHAHHA!!!!! So then, becasue hes the genius surgeon that the era has longed for, gives him muscles in under 3 seconds with his godlike scalpel skillz, and is like OMG dude...pay up. So the Evil dude writes him a check, and BJ is pretty satisfied. BUT WAIT OMFG""""""!!!!!!

Harlock is *PISSED at Black Jack* I mean, all the way to the point where hes saying `TOMO YO!!` pissed. So he SHOOTS BLACK JACk, IN THE FACE!!!! And Black Jack DIES, but then his hands operate on his head, and deflect all the lazer beams from the arcadia with godlike scalpel skillz. So Black jackl is back up, and the evil clamp dude is like
OKAY ITS GO TIME.but the clamp dude tripeed on a rock, becasue his armor was still to huge for him, and he never actually had any combat experience. it turns out his armor is just for show, and he never intended to fight in it, SO, naturally, he bungled with it when push came to shove.

So, long story short,  Black Jack Operated on his broken kneee WHILE fighting Harlock....In a Boxing duel. But then they started using Knives, then guns, then Dinosaurs Jousting.

Its at this point that Harlock smiles and is LIKE SCREW this omg....So he just shoots them both in the foot and smiles, casue hes reallyu a nice guy and doesnt want to such fine people (at least in the case of BJ, he didnt want to piss him off by killin the clamp dude) get ganked. So then harlock goes back to his ship and into his private quarters with the SCHMEXY mime, as the Arcadia sails off into the sea of stars to another battlefield. Bj goes home, so he can wait for phone calls, and the clamp dude is like DUDE, Now i can wear armor well, trhink of all the fans!!! ZOMGF!!!

But then all the fan gurlz are like OMFG he weighs more than 40lbs and is not anorexic, and find another dude to fawn over omg. the end. :)

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
Lol, Masa, you do realize this guy didn't say he liked Clamp but Tsubasa Chronicle.  ::)

Offline tekkaman_x

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
I like a lot of Clamp's work, Rayearth, CCS etc...

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
* Tsubasa is currently listening to 'Dreamscape' from Tsubasa Chronicle OST III.

Yeah, CCS was my favorite and MKR my first.

Offline Hirvine

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
    • World of Shenja
I voted at "the snow queen" since,
  • I read the fairy tail a long time ago (15 years). The anime is quite good translated and I never read the real story of the snow queen. It's also calling up great memories, since I liked the story when I was just ~eight years old.
  • Also each episode is full of events, there happens a lot. If I had to mark the score from 0-10 regarding to Dragon Ball Z Snow Queen deserves 10. Even comparing to Tsubasa Chronicle I rate 8. There are plenty of events in the anime.
  • Another answer at why, the anime's quailty is above an average anime. Just see Gerda's face! See those backgrounds! Unbelievble sight, real snow, real ice, real water, real reflections. Just amazing quality for tv series anime that is
  • Bit of me, can't buy it anywhere, no other fansub subs it and I'm so depended on you guys  :(

I also liked Tsubasa C. but I did just vote on snow queen since how we turn it up or down, Tsubasa was taken over by the YGO. YGO has taken up the lead of more then five eps and comparing the quality his or yours fansub, not a real different. So, I truely like TC people, don't get me wrong, but taking out YGO's lead is out of the question speaking of eps and ~same quality.

That's why I only voted for "the snow queen". So go for it snow queen.

* Tsubasa is currently listening to 'Dreamscape' from Tsubasa Chronicle OST III.
That's one of the best songs of that album, together with 14 Siren song, 4 slipstream, 22 storm is coming

For manga, games and programs
Current program, Anime Manga Ost Manager at amo.worldofshenja.com, manage your backups!