Author Topic: FOR FANSUBBERS ONLY: Balancing between fansubbing & real-life responsibilities.  (Read 14135 times)

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
HOW DO YOU DO IT?

This is a discussion thread for fansubbers.  Here fansubbers will discuss how they balance their fansubbing business with their job, family, etc.  So fansubbers, please feel free to write about your life. ^^

NOTE:  You're welcome to write about your nightmares, worries and frustrations.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 12:55:35 pm by Tsubasa »
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline mamochan

• Rakuen Hero
  • Ayukawa!
    • View Profile
Interesting question  :)

As a part of a fansubbing group, we do manage to find the time to subtitle an ep or two.

Since I'm only editing Yawara. It really doesn't take that much time out of my personal life. So it works out for me. ^_^;

DVD Backlog: Galaxy Angel (all of them), GITS: SAC, Juuni Kokki, Last Exile, Master Keaton, Rurouni Kenshin TV, Saber Marionette J, Saber Marionette J Again, Saber Marionette J to X, Slayers (The), Slayers Next, Slayers Try.

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
I have never given internet priority over real-life.  I have seen many people that do and it always turns out badly for them and often those around them also. 

Offline tenkenX6

• Live Evil Members
  • kl33my Hero
  • I still sub, I guess?
    • View Profile
*Super 7 year bump*

Er...sorry in advance for bumping this ancient thread.  :o

Anyway, just like many other subbers, real life obligations take priority over fansubbing for me. However, I still try to be involved with it as much as I can, whether it be on my days off of work or heck, even after work(sometimes). As for actually doing my part/job in the well oiled fansub machine, it really depends on how motivated I am at the time, really. Sometimes I'll be too tired or unmotivated, so naturally, I won't sub. It's all about battling the all mighty...um... laziness and winning, you know.  ;) Anyhoo, I wish I could sub more than I do now, but sadly, things don't always work out the way you want them to.