Author Topic: Condor Heros Character Name in Chinese  (Read 12170 times)

Bonzi

Condor Heros Character Name in Chinese
« on: October 18, 2003, 06:01:32 am »
Hi! I would like to know the names of the characters in Legend of Condor Heroes anime in Chinese but English pronounciation.
Eg:Youka = Yang Guo

Does anyone know of a website that can help me get that? Of not, can some one please help me put the names together? Thank would really help me a lot. I have read some mange before long time ago and kinda forgot some parts. Watching the anime was a bit confusing trying to figure out what the Chinese name was for that character.

itsumo_smile

Re: Condor Heros Character Name in Chinese
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2003, 01:05:52 am »
Xiao Long Nu - Shouryuujo

Li Mo Chou - crazy lady who's after youka i forgot her name in the anime

Kwok Jing - kakusei

Wong Yung - kouyou

Kwok fu - kakufu

thoes are the more important ones in the anime so far..i hope that helps  :)

Bonzi

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2003, 12:41:00 pm »
Cool! Thanks!

jiehao85

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2003, 04:13:16 am »
And Kwok Xiang for Kwok Fu's younger sis who will appear much later.

Jing Lun Fa Wang will be the bad guy of the show and his weapons will be some wheels i think...  ;D

Bangy

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2003, 06:08:22 am »
yeah, it's a wheel, it's got sharp edges, strange weapon for a monk...

I can tell u the names in VN if u ever wanted to know hehe

JiGsta

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2003, 04:15:35 am »
Huang Yao Shi - Don't know the Japanese name. He is one of the 'Greats' and he plays the flute. You'll meet him later. The Father of kouyou

Zhou Bo Tong - sworn brother of kakusei. Old man with a child like persona. Also considered a 'great'. Don't know his japanese name either.

chii

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2003, 07:46:48 pm »
itty bit off topic -please forgive me- but how is the Chinese "Xi"  (as in Xiao) pronounced in English?  Is it a
"Z" sound like in Xerox? and is that one syllable or two?

ninku_master

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2003, 12:10:53 am »
Hi all!
I just wanted to know..who were the really really main characters in this anime..LOCH
Is it:
Youka, Shouryujodono, Youka's uncle, Youka's aunt and Ribakshyo(stepsister of Koko?)
Its so nice...the story, ...oh man... I want Youka to stand up and beat those Zenshinkyo fools! hahaha :D

tehanu

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2003, 02:11:00 am »
Hi all!
I just wanted to know..who were the really really main characters in this anime..LOCH
Is it:
Youka, Shouryujodono, Youka's uncle, Youka's aunt and Ribakshyo(stepsister of Koko?)
Its so nice...the story, ...oh man... I want Youka to stand up and beat those Zenshinkyo fools! hahaha :D

The anime is NOT based on LoCH (Legend of the Condor Heroes).  It is based on the sequel RoCH (Return of the Condor Heroes).

The main main characters are Youka and Shouryujodono.  Youka's aunt and uncle (well they aren't actually related to him, he just calls them that.  Aunt and Uncle in China tend to be generic titles given to adults who are close to you but aren't really related) are important characters though and were the main characters of LoCH.

chii

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2003, 11:21:35 pm »
Seriously, how is Xi- pronounced?  I know that Q's have a Ch- sound.  How would you describe the way to pronounce Xiao in English?

itsumo_smile

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2003, 02:20:48 am »
xi makes a shii sound. and xiao is pronunced "shou"
« Last Edit: November 14, 2003, 02:27:21 am by itsumo_smile »

chii

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2003, 04:28:49 am »
Finally someone answers me.  THANK YOU!!!!I hate pronouncing things wrong.  But why is it translated to Xi?  Wouldn't phoenetic spelling be the natrual choice when translating from kanji to letters?  Maybe its written that way because we have absolutely no hope of ever pronouncing it properly and shouldn't even try (like L in Japanese)?  Probably.  Thanks again.

SouthernStar

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2003, 04:31:43 am »
hiya,

"xi" in mandarin chinese has a pronunciation similar to the sound of the word "sea".
"ao" in mandarin chinese has a pronunciation similar to the sound of that common comments off our mouth "oww" (oww, that hurts).

but know that all chinese words, when using fragmented english words to represent them, has four different ways to pronounce them.
it's like doing "lalalala" in base minor or suprano (an exagerrated e.g.).
"xi" is like a base word, by varying how it sounds, different words and ideas are thus projected.

"xiao" will sound like "ciao" or "sea-ow" (somewhat low/bass like tone).
too high a tone used for pronouncing "xiao" will result in the meaning of "laugh", "flute", "school" or etc rather than "small" (i think small is the intended meaning right?)

hope it helps.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2003, 04:34:24 am by SouthernStar »