Author Topic: Wow I REALLY admire this guy....  (Read 9575 times)

Offline Shadic

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
Wow I REALLY admire this guy....
« on: June 15, 2006, 01:24:05 am »
I know this anime is kinda old but I REALLY admire the guy who made it because based off the interview on the DVD the guy, except for the sound effects and music, he made the ENTIRE anime BY HIMSELF.

Makoto Shinkai, made Hoshi no Koe aka Voices of a Distant Star. I found it to be a very romantic anime even though it's only 30 mins long that's pretty impressive for a anime made by 1 person, (well his fiance helped with voice acting).

Anyone else heard of it?

Offline Blue Mage

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Wow I REALLY admire this guy....
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 05:13:27 am »
4 years?! This is definitely the wrong place to be calling a show done in 2002 "old". But it was indeed an excellent show. You might want to check out his next work "The Place Promised in our Early Days" (I can't be bothered to write down japanese title). Also excellent and he even had a staff this time.

Please note, you'll want to be careful what aspects of Shinkai's work you talk about here. Both these titles have had R1 DVD releases (and I would guess R2 as well). Otherwise, gumba will get grumpy with you.  :P
My mind is like a sieve. It retains all sorts of interesting bits and lets the important stuff flow straight through.

Offline Shadic

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 08:09:52 pm »
I bought both DVDs it was gorgeous especially the scenery and they made good use of the 5.1 surround sound.

And you can't blame a guy for talking about it, it's not like I'm asking for illegal copies of it. Just wanted to make a statement of how nice his works are.

Offline bobby6

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 09:23:04 am »
I never saw his second work actually. I wouldn't have even known it existed, but I saw a really great music video based on it which made me interested in seeing the anime itself. I think this video took home awards at a few anime conventions even. Here's the address if anyone wants to check it out.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=65261
"<YaoiBoy> hi guys
<YaoiBoy> nice job getting DN out
<Blue_Mage> I think I might be addicted to the ending song...
<Blue_Mage> It's so pretty."
ROFL ;D