Author Topic: Tsubasa & Nana = DROPPED  (Read 68062 times)

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
Re: Tsubasa & Nana = DROPPED
« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2006, 03:42:15 pm »
Why don't you do it by yourself? I didn't wait for anyone to "allow" me to start my MushiKing project...
Actually this project is an L-E project which was supposed to start quite a while ago, in fact Tofu did translate a bit of the 1st episode.  but then he disappeared and Gum said we can't start that till Mami is done..and so I should help around with translating Mami instead.  So I ended up stuck to Mami.  Unless we get rid of this one, it's no use for me to begin translating my new series...which I practically inspired LE  to continue with instead of dismiss the idea since Mami wasn't finished.

One day L.E will start working on another commercial show, people will come back, will try the other shows, and will stay for these, even after the commercial shows have been dropped. See how many people still enjoy the Berubara releases now.
Well as forthat, we're not allowed to take a a top draw show till we've got the TL power to do so, since Tofu is practically dead as a fansubber.  A greatly anticipated series which will attract a high leecher count and where weekly releases will be expected...you need a 100+% reliable TL for that.  And we just don't have that at the moment.  Besides Tofu who's AWOL, the only non-Matsumoto translators we have are Gumba (trainee translator, first project Trapp) and me (translator for DAQ (first project) and a few future projects, translation checker for Mami), who is also new with an experience limited to tling only DAQ26.  Teppei does TL checking sometimes like he is doing with Aniko now for Trapp.  And then Aniko is the translator for Sailor Moon stuff.  So we really don't have a high experienced, fully reliable, usually available and totally dedicated translator (all 4 together) at the moment.  See the problem?  Hence no 30 000+ downloads show for us T_T.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 03:53:18 pm by Tsubasa »
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline Nao

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 05, 2006, 04:48:16 pm »
So we really don't have a high experienced, fully reliable, usually available and totally dedicated translator (all 4 together) at the moment.  See the problem?  Hence no 30 000+ downloads show for us T_T.
I'll just answer this, because there's really no point.

There is NO problem. L.E has a lot of translators, and they're doing shows they want to see fansubbed. This is the whole point. These shows can be OLD, L.E doesn't care, as long as it's great. 99% of all fansubbers do recent shows and you can be sure all of their works are already being done by other fansubbers.

I'm not interested in even half of L.E's shows, but I'm still very impressed by the fact that it's the only major group that does old shows. And I commend you for that. Do not look at the download numbers. Look at what you've done in the past. (I'm talking to all L.E members, including Tofu!)
Ultimately, you will be judged by your past productions. And you don't have to be ashamed of them!

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2006, 01:32:43 am »
All in all, we have only 2 real translators for now, Gum (trainee)and me, willing to work on multiple shows and not just one, besides that, we've got:

Aniko - Sailor Stars, Seramyu
Momoironeko - new TL for GE999

thats all

Now where's Tofu????

And really I want LE to be doing at least 1 new show along with the old ones so that the younger lot---like me???---at least know there is a fansub group out there called live-evil who do some other awesome classic stuff too.  Newer shows are needed for publicity.

Look how many fans have LE gained by doing TC, Nana and ID4---fans as in some of them actually trying out our other older stuff.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 01:55:22 am by Tsubasa »
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432

Offline Masakari

• kl33my Hero
  • Scourge of the Matsumoto Division (FLAME!)
    • View Profile
    • Live Evil
« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2006, 06:54:53 am »
Don`t you learn? Looking for Tofu....Why don`t you go looking for some other mythic beast?

I only TL shows I think Rock. Theres a CHANCE I`ll Do SSX when the time comes, or any other show thats awsome. If BJ wasn`t getting such a thorough Job over at F-B, I would simpy shout オペの準備だ! and off I would be TLing.

Simply put, its wrong to group me soley with the Mastsumoto Peeps. I am an autonomous Troll Unit. I am free to come and Flame as I please.

Offline bastard-sama

• Live Evil Members
  • Rakuen Hero
  • in the middle of nowhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2006, 07:03:51 am »
I am an autonomous Troll Unit. I am free to come and Flame as I please.

Not without my permission :D
The resident bastard.

Offline Masakari

• kl33my Hero
  • Scourge of the Matsumoto Division (FLAME!)
    • View Profile
    • Live Evil
« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2006, 09:05:00 am »
Not without my permission :D

But if it pertains to....less than desirable projects, surely that permission goes without saying, ye bastard-op?

Offline Nao

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2006, 09:17:10 am »
I only TL shows I think Rock. Theres a CHANCE I`ll Do SSX when the time comes, or any other show thats awsome.
You do realize half of the SSX episodes suck, don't you? ;)
I mean the middle of the show. The first episodes are really good (up to episode 5 approx.), then the last 3-4 episodes are heartbreaking and fascinating, but the rest is a bit dull... "Been there, done that", you know...
Still, it's one of my top 10 shows, mostly because of the penultimate episode... Probably Kei Tomiyama's best performance ever. (Okay, I didn't see most of his early 60's-70's appearances!)

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 06, 2006, 01:00:08 pm »
But if it pertains to....less than desirable projects, surely that permission goes without saying, ye bastard-op?

Masabaka, you son of a bitch![/size][/b]

Kaishi Zero

« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2006, 01:55:22 am »
Anyone seen last week's one? It's hilarious. Watch this little clip: http://media.putfile.com/Tsubasa-Chronicle-Chibi

The part where Robo-Mokona appears:  ;D

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2006, 10:19:33 am »
Oy, minna doko da???  :o

Have people forgotten the forums?![/size][/b]

Offline mamochan

• Rakuen Hero
  • Ayukawa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 30, 2006, 10:06:41 am »
God.. I wish this thread never existed. Someone kill it now.
DVD Backlog: Galaxy Angel (all of them), GITS: SAC, Juuni Kokki, Last Exile, Master Keaton, Rurouni Kenshin TV, Saber Marionette J, Saber Marionette J Again, Saber Marionette J to X, Slayers (The), Slayers Next, Slayers Try.

Offline DeadAlready911

• kl33my Hero
  • Very Dead, Very Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 30, 2006, 10:07:56 am »
Ya done son. Ova