Author Topic: Tsubasa & Nana = DROPPED  (Read 63425 times)

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
Re: Tsubasa & Nana = DROPPED
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2006, 09:51:15 pm »
I think banania needs a break. (Now don't ask who she is...)
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline Yunie

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2006, 10:33:58 pm »
That tribute is so sad... ;-;
As for Tsubasa, I don't have my hopes up because you guys have many other series to sub and not just special treatment to Tsubasa and NANA
(I think that was obvious... o.o)

Offline Shadic

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2006, 02:58:56 am »
Sad news, but I will get over it. The anime is still simply gorgeous to watch with or without subs. With would be nice but beggers can't be choosers.

Can't really complain because anime fansub has gotten a lot more advance it was back in the day lol. Had to actually place orders for video tapes and they were genlock made too -.-. And Fansubs the whole reason anime came over to America so Thank You guys for introducing good anime to us ^^.

Offline Tala

• n00b Hero
  • Serpentine grace
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2006, 05:17:10 am »
............... aiiight kiddies its been fun thanks for season one and yea whatever. guess we all gotta learn japanese or wait for the dvd's = =
n00bism at its high point was displayed here today.

peace
Unstoppable Uncoppable Untopable

Offline archangel

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2006, 06:07:27 am »
Well, I am just relieved that Tofusensei is all right and there is nothing serious.  It's called Fansub love Tofusensei. ;D  Anyway, I hope whatever existing issues  do get worked out to everyone's satisfaction.  I'm sad that a good and happy thing will not continue but I look forward to new projects.  Thanks for the fansubs.

Offline b4k4ni04

• n00b Hero
  • b4k4^ni
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2006, 07:56:15 am »
nuuuuu ... not nana too T__T I loved how L-E was doing the ending Karaoke, oh well at least there is still a group on it, and i still have the first 5 eps that were done by L-E ^_^!. guuuuuu i wish i Had a) a better net connection b) experience in translating c) more confidence in my japanese and i'd prolly be sucker enough to attempt to volunteer. then again I understand the raws well enough as is >> << >> ^^; hehe suckers :3;;
I look forward to more works by L-E :D!

~b4k4
*bzzt* I'm too damn lazy to think up a sig, try again later

~b4k4

Kaishi Zero

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2006, 09:13:22 am »
Dattebayo is crazy.

Offline Masakari

• kl33my Hero
  • Scourge of the Matsumoto Division (FLAME!)
    • View Profile
    • Live Evil
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2006, 09:38:09 am »
Just becasue I dissapear from IRC doesnt mean Im dead....it means my comptuer is  :( :-\ :'(

I want to belch out an enthusiastic HELL yes for L-E dropping the two biggest steaming turds it has ever subbed.

[retreats to the cave of trolls]

Offline MazoneMayu

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2006, 09:49:36 am »

::)
matsumoto's minion

also the king of kaijuu

Offline Shadic

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2006, 03:51:23 pm »
Yep I just knew Masakari was going to leap for joy soon and was waiting for it lol.

I'm still going to watch it subbed or not heh.

Offline blueknight

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2006, 05:01:47 pm »
Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. ~ English proverb

well said ace.
hope is the one thing no one can take from you.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Tsubasa & Nana = DROPPED (BULLSHIT...hopefully)
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2006, 05:18:33 pm »
Just becasue I dissapear from IRC doesnt mean Im dead....it means my comptuer is  :( :-\ :'(

I want to belch out an enthusiastic HELL yes for L-E dropping the two biggest steaming turds it has ever subbed.

You're the biggest, most retarded and most CURRENTly the least productive ass we've ever had.  ::)  Not that I know much about your history...but just know that I'm not the only one who thinks so.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 05:44:27 pm by Tsubasa »
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2006, 05:22:22 pm »
That tribute is so sad... ;-;
As for Tsubasa, I don't have my hopes up because you guys have many other series to sub and not just special treatment to Tsubasa and NANA
(I think that was obvious... o.o)

Uhhh, are you referring to ME or Tsubasa Chronicle?  ???
And it's not that we don't have the time to sub them, it's Tofusensei's IRL issues, which we must consider as he obviously has a life of his own.  It's not that once Tsubasa or Nana is dropped, he will just forget about them and concentrate on the other projects.  When he gets the time to do it, he'd do it no matter what...thats how he is.  As we all know, these two projects were is personal preference.

Dattebayo is crazy.

I'm not saying this as a fansubber/L-E staff but just a personal opinion I had from the time I started watching fansubs...

Well, DB is rather renowned for their super high-speed subbing and taking fansubbing more seriously than probably any other group.  This I do appreciate but again I think DB is just too concerned about their reputation and they should cool down and try to see the big picture.  They don't realize that this is doing nothing to improve their 'reputation' which is already on the negative side from their other acts.  Yes, even I was impatient, but that doesn't mean they would just declare dropping it.  And they're losing it day by day...it's as if they think it's better to drop a famous project than actually be a few weeks late with the release.  In my opinion, they've totally forgotten what's fansubbing about...it's not some big business with deadly deadlines, but you can take it easy, because fansubbing is supposed to be fun.

-Tsubasa
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 08:33:03 pm by Tsubasa »

Offline archangel

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2006, 08:31:12 pm »
I know what you are speaking about Tsubasa.  As I have said in past posts, I don't often make comments in the forums, but I like to read them (mostly I pick up other interesting anime this way.)  I was a bit stunned by DB's site and commentary etc.  They seem really..."intense"  But who I am to question anyone.  I am after all a lowly leecher with substandard Japanese.   :-\  Anyway, I really like Live Evil's subs, along with a few other fansub groups, and these groups always seem to be the slowest. ;)  But it's worth the wait because the quality is ssssssoooooo good, it just makes the anime experience that much more enjoyable.  I guess it just depends on who you want to cater to at the end of the day and, in my humble opinion, DB caters to those who need the weekly fix.  *shrug*  I do hope at some time, when is most convenient for Tofusensei and other involved individuals, that they do finish the fansubbing of Nana and Tsubasa Chronicles.  Cheers.

Offline Cheez

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2006, 09:02:10 pm »
I do hope at some time, when is most convenient for Tofusensei and other involved individuals, that they do finish the fansubbing of Nana and Tsubasa Chronicles. Cheers.

Ditto What Archangel said ;D ;D ;D  I do think Tofusensei is one heck of a good translator! But I also understand he has a life too!
"Puu! That's one of my 108 secret skills: Super Suction Power!" --Mokona--