Author Topic: Tsubasa & Nana = DROPPED  (Read 68952 times)

Offline Dapprman

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Tsubasa & Nana = DROPPED
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2006, 08:27:54 pm »
From my point of view, I would never have thoguht about watching Nana if L-E had not done the sub.  I'd really like to think Tofu and L-E would get time to caryr on with it, but even if it does not (as is likely) happen, cheers guys  ;D

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2006, 10:18:13 am »
Gosh Mami is just....  :-\ It killed le staff practically. :o

Anyways, if L-E didn't care about Tsubasa Chronicle ever, they shouldn't have begun subbing it in the first place. >:(

I personally joined L-E thinking I'd get access to the http link before the actual release is made so no bothering about BT, hence great advantage  ;D ...after all TC is what got me introduced to something called BT and fansubbing.  :) It comes before everything for me...in terms of priority in the weekly download list. :D

And doesn't it mean anything to L-E that they've become more famous due to Nana and TC and that these shows hit high every week?  It's definitely worth subbing them.  I mean what's the point of subbing a series if you get less than 30 downloads.  I mean yes, the people who download them are happy but still doesn't it feel better when the show is actually popular?  I think we need to recruit more staff so that we can get along with projects like Mami as well...I mean yeah Mami is surely taking FOREVER.  :( If I was one of the leechers I'd have given up about getting the entire series subbed on my hard disk by now.  ;D Lucky that I watched the shows on TV before back in Japan.  ;D
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 10:36:07 am by Tsubasa »
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline mamochan

• Rakuen Hero
  • Ayukawa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2006, 10:39:28 am »
Just face the fact that they are dropped.
It ain't coming back.

....and Tsubasa we did care about subbing it. We just can't help life getting in the way.

A shame for Nana though.
DVD Backlog: Galaxy Angel (all of them), GITS: SAC, Juuni Kokki, Last Exile, Master Keaton, Rurouni Kenshin TV, Saber Marionette J, Saber Marionette J Again, Saber Marionette J to X, Slayers (The), Slayers Next, Slayers Try.

Offline bastard-sama

• Live Evil Members
  • Rakuen Hero
  • in the middle of nowhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2006, 11:11:29 am »
Just face the fact that they are dropped.
It ain't coming back.

....and Tsubasa we did care about subbing it. We just can't help life getting in the way.

A shame for Nana though.

We cared? when did this happen?
The resident bastard.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2006, 11:24:23 am »
We cared? when did this happen?

Uhhh...not everyone is a bastard Mr. Bastard.
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432

Offline Shadic

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2006, 04:43:08 pm »
wow it's amazing how some can still bicker about it even after it's been dropped. -.-

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2006, 09:14:51 pm »
The more time passes, the more thoroughly pissed I get about it.

Offline Nao

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2006, 12:22:47 am »
B'cos we got more important shows like Mami to worrey about.
I'm really sorry that I'm too busy to get involved in it for now (won't be available before the end of the summer at the earliest... at least for doing several episodes in a row), but you'll finish the show for sure--if only because it's being released on DVD in France right now, the 26 first episodes are out, the rest is coming soon, I'm pretty sure someone will end up ripping the French subtitles, converting them to SSA and translating them to English. Will save you a lot of hassle... Or, of course, there's also the good old French dub.
I suppose I'm not the only one speaking French here, right? I'm also not the only one who understands Japanese. These two factors can be split among two people, doesn't have to be only one ;)

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2006, 12:50:54 am »
No, you're not the only one who knows Japanese, I am also a translator.  But subbing from a sub reduces accuracy doesn't it?  You seem to really like French subs, dubs...maybe subs but dubs o_O is a no no I think.  Anyway, I think I'll be doing the OVAs from Mami unless you want to.  With Mami actually...there is an urgency of getting it done as soon as possible, so I hope you can return soon.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 10:47:32 am by Tsubasa »

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2006, 01:01:14 am »
A show could get 10 downloads, it could get 100,000; no one would know the difference. 
Recent polls show that, today, the majority of downloaders do not actually watch the show in question after downloading it, nor do they ever plan to watch it.  For shows with larger download numbers, the ratio of watchers to non-watchers is even worse. 

The downloaders I talk to irl, when I mention a live-evil show like Tsubasa; they admit downloading it but cannot tell me the name of a main character or even the basic plot / premise.  Common reasons given for downloading a show are (1) trading it with friends (for something non-anime they want), (2) selling on e-bay or online, (3) just to collect / archive it, (4) because a lot of other people they know are downloading it. 

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2006, 01:47:11 am »
I realize that I haven't watched over 50% of the stuff I've collected so far...just meant for collection he he.

Offline Nao

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2006, 02:21:22 am »
No, you're not the only one who konws Japanese, I am also a translator.  But subbing from a sub reduces accuracy doesn't it?
Depends on the way you work. I remember my first pro translation back in '94 was for the AD Police manga. There was already a really good English translation available for it (from Studio Proteus IIRC), so I took my Japanese volume, my English volume, translated from English and checked, word for word, from the Japanese text. It allowed me to avoid browsing through my dictionary everytime I stumbled upon a problematic word. (And believe me, AD Police is not far from Shirow stuff in terms of complexity sometimes.)
Well, I still believe it to be one of my best works. And I'm not ashamed to say I borrowed help from the English version. In the end, it's not like I made an inaccurate translation: I did translate it from Japanese.
The Creamy Mami French dub is really not bad at all. There are issues here and there, but it's quite a good text to use as a basis for an English translation. Then, you just need to check the Japanese version for potential mistakes, and, obviously, for the actual way of saying the things.
Today I was reading through a manga translated to French from English. I didn't have the Japanese original under the hand, but it was a blatant example of how bad the French community can be at translating from English (which is something like ten times easier than translating from Japanese). This was in the second or third sentence in the manga: "(I'm very busy with my job) And that job would be... voice actress". He translated that to "Et ce job serait... actrice". Or something like that. It's a litteral translation. You all realize "would" is not used in its usual context here. Well, he translated it as if someone had said, "If I could have a job, then that job would be voice actress".
It's not a flaw to translate with help from a language that is not the original text. It's a flaw when you're a bad translator or you simply don't care at all about doing your job seriously.

You seem to really like French subs, dubs...
I don't watch much anime, actually. And I only watch them in Japanese with English or French subs. Except for older anime, which I sometimes watch in French, for nostalgia reasons. (French dubs used to be *really* good in the 70's and 80's.)

maybe subs but dubs o_O is a no no I think.  Anyway, I think I'll be doing the OVAs from Mami unless you want to.
There's an Italian dub available for them (no French dub, though). I don't speak Italian, but I could doublecheck your work against the Japanese version if you'd like.

there is an urgency of getting it done as soon as possible, so I hope you can return soon.
Do you plan to do the OVAs before actually finishing the TV show? That sounds strange to me.

PS: I'm very tired tonight, sorry if I made any English mistakes in my post.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Tsubasa & Nana = DROPPED, but DAQ26 released today.
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2006, 10:57:26 am »
He he, long post Nao. ;D

Interesting though. To tell the truth I'm not a big Mami fan and I'm working on it only so that I can start my own project which is not 'allowed' to start Mami is done.

The TV series is all translated but the OVAS still need it.  Are you still interested in translating those?  Anyway, I'll post the rest of the info in the Mami thread...

It's so lonely..the forums...ever since these two darlings got dropped...people have stopped visiting us.  :'(

But good news today,

DAQ 26 is finally here!!!![/size][/color][/font]

Now back to Tsubasa Chronicle, Tofusensei is gone AWOL again.  So my hopes are currently down -.-

- Tsubasa

« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 09:04:00 pm by Tsubasa »

Offline ~caiyu~

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2006, 10:20:19 pm »
its so lonely cause most people came for NANA and TC..but now since there gone ..i think many people just turned to the yugioh subs .. :-\ i guess they don't see a need to come vist :( i like to come here and just read whats up ..even though my fave show is gone i guess once a L-E fan always a L-E fan ^^

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2006, 12:30:14 am »
I get it, most Tsubasa fans are just greedy and selfish wimps who just care about the their weekly feed and not L-E or DB and don't give a damn to us.  So whatever they're saying about 'OMG! I love L-E' was a complete lie as they said it only for self gain.  It reality they don't care about L-E or wtf happens to it.  Otherwise, they'd never abandon their once beloved forum.  'YGO YGO!  Forget about L-E, it may rot in hell!' huh?

-Tsubasa