Author Topic: Tsubasa & Nana = DROPPED  (Read 63014 times)

Offline Shadic

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Tsubasa & Nana = DROPPED
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2006, 01:47:20 am »
I don't think EVERYONE left. Me, personally, I took a leave of absense to focus on studying Japanese. And also for some unknown reason I just felt like watching my old animes, I'm up to .Hack//Sign now.

And Also my Sakura Book Set finally came in the Mail today so I'm watching that again too ^^.

Offline archangel

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2006, 10:45:58 pm »
There's love still.  I still do hope Tofusensei is all right as you said he's gone again.  Either that or he has some serious drama issues.  :D  I wish L-E still did Nana at least; I miss that one the most.  *sniff*  Still reading and still a L-E fan.   ;)

Offline Darner

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2006, 01:46:40 am »
it has nothing to do with lack of love for groups its just kinda sorta the nature of how it works.  Just like how at your job, its all the complaints you hear about, and hardly ever do you actually hear the compliments, since people are more willing to gripe rather then thank.

L-E, Thank You!!! ;)

If Nana is ever picked up ill definately snag it, but for now I have another group that I like doing it so I can start watching that again, and as for other stuff you guys are doing, more Yawara for me and mabe a little dipping into Miami when I decide watching another new anime is the right thing to do ( aka. I get tired of playing games on my computer when not working and out with friends, which is pretty often, what can I say, anime is awesome lol, and L-E ranks up there as one of my favorite subbing groups for the stuff that has been done, and the quality of the work you do. )

ok now all im doing is rambling, so Ill just say Thanks, and dissappear again..... *Poof*

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2006, 02:01:19 am »
Yay ^^ Yay^^ I can post now.  Thanks guys for visiting us,  :D, I was beginning to feel very lonely  :( .  The dramatic news of Tsubasa and Nana being dropped did drag the cat back to our channel that day but our most precious translator seems to be AWOL again.  Any one willing to translate for L-E??? 
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline Cheez

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2006, 08:35:12 pm »
Hello!  ;D

If I were you, I would not feel abandoned or lonely...  It's just the time of year in some parts of the world called SUMMER!!! ;D ;)  People want to be outside, instead of being cooped up in front of a computer terminal!

Also... 2006 is WORLD CUP time! (Go Brazil!)  So my eyes (and probably those of others) have been glued more to the tv set than anywhere else!

On the anime side, many people visited this thread to discuss their favourite show, so when that disappeared, they naturally went to other places where they could talk about it...  Unless you rather people just drop by and write about unrelated topics such as "yesterday I bought this great pair of sandals that so match my pink toes..."

As for me, I've started bying the TC manga (which is beautifully drawn!), and have become hooked on xxxHOlic.

"Puu! That's one of my 108 secret skills: Super Suction Power!" --Mokona--

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2006, 08:55:02 pm »
Hmmm, I also read the TC raw manga of-course, but I've decided I will slow down reading them so that I don't end up knowing what will happen in the anime before even watching it...in other words...the manga kind of spoils it.  To tell the truth I am not a big fan of the anime series as I am a fan of the manga, but now i've begun to feel it's related with the spoilerage the manga brings.  As for the art, nor do I like the anime art nor the manga art...same goes with  xxxHolic.  It seems CLAMP has chosen to change their art so that it's less time consuming and more shounen style (CRAP), but I would rather have the pretty looking character designs and background art that we had for MKR or CCS.

Yeah summer vacation, but no vacation for me I've got lots of work to do now and even after this so called one month vacation is over.  Just a little far from 'welcome to hell'  ;D.

Hmmm, I don't support any of the teams that naturally win like Argentina or Brazil.  You might be surprised to know that I've had the oppurtunity to get one-to-one soccer coaching from the all famous Brazilian soccer star (who played for Japan, actually, he was famous there) Roy Ramos. 

But I'd rather support a country I cared for in general...not only in terms of soccer...and especially if the team is weak and it's worth supporting them.  Teams like Brazil don't even need the support...they'd win anyway...so it's not worth wasting my energy on them.  At any rate, I don't enjoy soccer as much as I used to do before.  If there were three or four teams who played equally well and they had equal chances of getting the cup, only then it would have been exciting for me.

-Tsubasa
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432

Offline Cheez

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2006, 09:15:17 pm »
It seems CLAMP has chosen to change their art so that it's less time consuming and more shounen style (CRAP), but I would rather have the pretty looking character designs and background art that we had for MKR or CCS.

Hmmn, I don't agree.  Granted, you don't like them as much as their earlier work.  As for me, the style chosen or the style CLAMP has embraced for both TC and Holic suits the theme, which for me is an exploration of desire; therefore the flowing, intricate style so characteristic of Art Nouveau adds an extra layer to their visual narrative.
"Puu! That's one of my 108 secret skills: Super Suction Power!" --Mokona--

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2006, 10:16:59 pm »
Hmm, but so far only Ashura and Chii looked pretty. Sakura is far from looking cute and Syaoran hot.  In fact, I'm ashamed of CLAMP for such a poor character disgn for TRC and xxxHolic, I really dislike it and thinks it totally sucks.  But I guess it would be appealing to those who like more shounen style. They didn't really put much effort to the art as much as they did with the previous work and to tell the truth, having never read a high level of action-content manga before, I find it hard to follow the manga sometimes.

Of-course the art of CCS/MKR doesn't sui the plot of Tsubasa but at least they would have made Sakura and Syaoran look hoter. Kuro and Fye are okay the way they are...Yuuko is better with this new design.

Offline Shadic

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2006, 11:35:15 pm »
Personally I prefer Sakura and Syaoran to look cute more than hot. I like to think of them as the innocent couple, who's relationship is more about the relationship they share rather than it being a hormone based relationship which usually that's what to me a hot character usually leads to.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2006, 12:05:03 am »
Personally I prefer Sakura and Syaoran to look cute more than hot. I like to think of them as the innocent couple, who's relationship is more about the relationship they share rather than it being a hormone based relationship which usually that's what to me a hot character usually leads to.

I mean Syaoran looked hot in CCS, thats exactly how I want to see him in TC too.  And Sakura did actually look cute in CCS, I want her that way too.  In Tsubasa Chronicle, they don't look cute at all.  Only Sakura's voice is cute.

Offline TootsiePop

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2006, 05:19:00 am »
I came back to check to see if there were new episodes  for these and found this. Yes, I'm saddened. Tsubasa was the first anime I downloaded, L-E being one of the first fansub places I downloaded from. Nana, well, to me the music was just amazing. It also showed how there could be a connection between two people who share the same name, age, and house, but seemingly have completely opposite personalities from each other. I'm glad, though, that I at least got to see as much of the anime as I saw, and the Nana live-action was also good. I hope the series is continued, but I don't have much of it when some of the other things I watched on here were also discontinued. I am, however, thankful to L-E for trying hard to get the episodes for this out. Sure, Tofu has let us down, but I'm sure there are reasons behind it. Reasons most of us don't have the right to pry about because, let's face it, most of us (maybe even all of us, I'm not sure) don't know Tofu in person.

And as for the World Cup... what about Wimbledon? :-[

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2006, 10:29:35 am »
I came back to check to see if there were new episodes  for these and found this. Yes, I'm saddened. Tsubasa was the first anime I downloaded, L-E being one of the first fansub places I downloaded from.

Same goes for me. *sigh*

And Wimby, uhhh not my thing.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 05:25:38 am by Tsubasa »

Kaishi Zero

« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2006, 05:14:41 am »
Ashura-o and Yasha-o look awesome. Can't wait for the 10th episode raw. The music is good too. Brings the manga to life.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 05:16:27 am by Kaishi Zero »

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2006, 05:34:08 am »
Ashura-o and Yasha-o look awesome. Can't wait for the 10th episode raw. The music is good too. Brings the manga to life.

Especially Ashura.  They look a LOT better than they did in the manga,

Offline Nao

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Tsubasa & Nana = DROPPED, but DAQ26 released today.
« Reply #74 on: July 05, 2006, 02:39:20 pm »
He he, long post Nao. ;D

Interesting though. To tell the truth I'm not a big Mami fan and I'm working on it only so that I can start my own project which is not 'allowed' to start Mami is done.
Why don't you do it by yourself? I didn't wait for anyone to "allow" me to start my MushiKing project... (Which, by the way, isn't dropped for now, in the end. We're working on episode 2. It still will be in French only, though.)

The TV series is all translated but the OVAS still need it.  Are you still interested in translating those?  Anyway, I'll post the rest of the info in the Mami thread...
Yes, I'm still interested. But I really have no free time for now. Still have three contracts to deal with, a new work project is underway, and other things waiting for me. I won't be available before next autumn (although I can still discuss here and show I'm still alive). Anyway the OVAs were all released after the TV show, so it's not really a problem that they're translated after the show is over. Actually, it would be best: since the first OVA uses about 30mn worth of footage from the TV show, it would be good to re-use the exact same translation as in the previously released fansubs. (I'm especially thinking about the last episode...)

It's so lonely..the forums...ever since these two darlings got dropped...people have stopped visiting us.  :'(
Is it really a problem?
One day L.E will start working on another commercial show, people will come back, will try the other shows, and will stay for these, even after the commercial shows have been dropped. See how many people still enjoy the Berubara releases now.