Author Topic: Nana the movie  (Read 16942 times)

Offline haru

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Nana the movie
« on: June 23, 2006, 10:43:36 am »
Thanks for the NANA live movie!! ^^, but there's only one problem. I played the movie, but there's no sound T__T Is there something wrong with the file??

I played the movie in both RealPlayer and Windows Media Player, but it doesn't seem to work.

Thanks ^^

Offline Solo_Senshi

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Nana the movie
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 08:12:17 am »
It uses the original AC3 sound from the DVD.  Look for AC3 filter on www.sourceforge.net .

Offline haru

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 09:56:23 pm »
thanks ^^

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 06:20:52 pm »
Uhhh, you might also have Ac3 installed on your computer, 'I can't hear the sound' is a common problem when you're having to dead with AC3 output for the first time.  Check your PC to see if AC3 codec is already installed and if it is, just change the preset to 'loud' or increase the intensity of the sound on the vertical bars.  At least that solved my problem^^.

-Tsubasa
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline haru

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 01:20:33 am »
huh??? How do I find out if I have an AC3 codec?? I have Windows XP....I clicked on my vol. control icon in the task bar and it says "Realtek AC97 Audio"
Does that mean I don't have AC3??

I dled the AC3 filter and I have nooo clue how it works. I just installed it, watched NANA but there still isn't any sound.
I really suck with computers X_X but thanks for all your help ^^

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 06:17:49 am »
Hmmm, then your problem is what I suspected it to be.  Just go search your computer for AC3 and then a program is found with a really colorful icon.  Open it and then do what I wrote on my previous post.
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432

Offline haru

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006, 07:27:55 am »
I searched for it by using the "Search" function, but it didn't come up with anything. I think I may need to download an AC3 filter...but I have no clue what to do with it once i download it.....My computer says I have AC97, so wouldn't it be strange if it had that and AC3???

My computer is not a Dell....its a Certified Data...whatever that is XD but i have Windows XP installed, so..... thanks for the help ^^ hopefully i can get this figured out ^^;

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2006, 08:37:59 am »
AC97 is your sound card, AC3 is an audio filter.  If you have it installed, you should have it amongst your filters, go search 'filters' on your computer but the AC3 control program is called 'AC3' simply and has a colorful icon.  Maybe you can try the following path: C:\WINDOWS\system32(or 64)\rundll32.exe ac3filter.ax,config >> something like that, then follow the instruction about intensity.

Offline haru

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2006, 03:59:40 am »
I tried searching for "filters" and the "ac3 filter path" but it didn't show up with anything. T__T

I'm guessing I don't have an AC3 filter installed on my computer. Hmmm..... would burning it onto a dvd and playing it on my dvd player work? do dvd player have an AC3 filter? or is it just for computers?

Offline mamochan

• Rakuen Hero
  • Ayukawa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2006, 10:10:54 am »
Haru, go to http://ac3filter.sourceforge.net/
Click the download link. After you installed the ac3 filter, check your control panel.
You can raise the volume by moving the 'Master Volume' up.
Problem solved :)
DVD Backlog: Galaxy Angel (all of them), GITS: SAC, Juuni Kokki, Last Exile, Master Keaton, Rurouni Kenshin TV, Saber Marionette J, Saber Marionette J Again, Saber Marionette J to X, Slayers (The), Slayers Next, Slayers Try.

Offline haru

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2006, 08:21:49 pm »
sweet! thanks ^^

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2006, 08:24:53 pm »
Hmmm, yeah thats what I did (Mamochan's advice) when I first got Ac3, but later I realise I didn't want to raise the volume more than 1/10th of the way up so I found an alternate way to get a good volume without having to raise my master volume..which I still refuse to raise.

Offline hellopeopleofearth

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2006, 05:20:33 pm »
Okay..lol i have the same problem. the AC3 codec. now, from what i read, if we alredy have it on our computers,the computer should be able to search for it. and if we dont we go to http://ac3filter.sourceforge.net/. when you click on download, it takes you to a page that says click a mirror..umm what mirror would one use? thats what confuses me..

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2006, 01:20:22 am »
Well, just click on any mirror which is the closest to your destination.  Thats all.

Offline haru

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2006, 05:22:41 am »
okay ^^ But after you dl it and install it, then what?? you just go to your volume control and something should pop up?? im so confused

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2006, 05:56:25 am »
What I did was I searched my system for 'ac3', which happened to be located in the following directory C:\Program Files\K-Lite Codec Pack\filters (yes, it's through K-lite).  Then I opened it and some properties window popped up.  Then under gain, I increased the intensity from 0db to +20db for both Master and Gain and set the 'output' to the type of audio I wanted (surround, mono, stereo, etc - stereo for me) and then clicked 'apply' and 'OK' and then reopened the file in MPC/mPlayer.  Of-course, I did put the master volume a bit up as well along with treble and bass level, and I was satisfied with the result.

Offline haru

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2006, 06:58:39 am »
okay. I'll try that out. It hasss to work T__T