Here's a secret... gumba sucks
Current & Future L-E Projects / Re: Record of Lodoss War ロドス島戦記
« Last post by bastard-sama on December 13, 2013, 03:32:55 am »
i believe it was 10bit 1080 8bit 720 so no
« Last post by gansta on December 12, 2013, 07:55:13 pm »
the raws just got to the encoder yesterday
Glad to hear that!
Just to be sure, will you do 10bit encodes (720 and 1080p)?
« Last post by bastard-sama on December 12, 2013, 06:15:09 pm »
the raws just got to the encoder yesterday
Current & Future L-E Projects / Re: New series suggestion thread
« Last post by tenkenX6 on December 11, 2013, 10:53:21 am »
Submarine Super 99 sounds really interesting/good. I'll consider translating this one if we can get a dedicated group together for this. Also, Dai Yamato Zero-go sounds pretty good, too. My first choice would be Submarine Super 99, though.
« Last post by gumbaloom on December 10, 2013, 08:29:58 am »
Hmmm

Submarine Super 99 - The US licensors website has gone off line apparently ? Enoki Films USA was the licensor but from my initial google search they never got anywhere. It's not on Baka-updates either. A bit more due dilligence would be needed but if the license has just been sat on and the US licensors web site is off line it would suggest it's fair game... Raw source wise DVD's are available to rent.

Dai Yamamoto - Never ever licensed by anyone. DVD's are rentable.

The other 3 look as though they only ever made it to VHS. It would be a disservice to them to sub them off LQ web torrents. We'd need to find and rip the VHS...

I'm going to Japan at New Year so might be tempted to rent Submarine Super 99 and Dai Yamamoto from Tsutaya while I'm there. Both of them are only relative short so you might stand half a chance of seeing them sometime in the next 2 years LOL.
« Last post by ihavetoregister on December 08, 2013, 08:39:10 pm »
How about the rest of Leiji's anime that don't have an active project or the ones that have never had one?
There's quite a few specials and one TV series left. I'll list them with a description of the plot.

Dai Yamato Zero-go

Leiji's first attempt to revive the Yamato franchise featuring gorgeous adaptions of his designs from Masunaga Keisuke (Cosmo Warrior Zero, Queen Emeraldas, and SSM). It's an OVA series based on a pachinko game and it looks insane. Would be willing to buy the DVD box if there's any interest.

Plot:
In the galactic group there are more than 100,000,000,000 galaxies, and the Milky Way galaxy, the one which includes Earth's solar system, is only one of these... one of many in the immensity of outer space.

This story starts in the year 3199, when a mighty enemy attacks the Milky Way from a neighbouring galaxy. The enemy engages the combined forces of the Milky Way, an Alliance of many stellar nations, and defeats them one after another.

The remaining Milky Way Alliance forces are reduced to just six fleets. After the Alliance headquarters is destroyed, and when the collapse of the central Milky Way Alliance is imminent, the Great Yamato "Zero" surprises everyone and embarks on a mission to assist the Milky Way Alliance in one last great battle.

Arei no Kagami

An obscure 25 minute film.
The story follows Daichi Meguru and Mayu, a young boy and a pilot, as they flee their war torn planet and into space. Upon their ship a stowaway android named Zero joins their quest as they travel through Halley's Mirror.

(Source: Wikipedia)

Marine Snow no Densetsu

This is actually being remade, but having the original subbed would be nice. http://www.marinesnow.co.jp/

Saint Elmo: Hikari no Raihousha

Another obscure piece of Leiji Matsumoto. AK has a review which you can find here: http://animekritik.wordpress.com/2010/09/14/electric-power-and-matsumoto-the-case-of-saint-elmo/
Inside Mercury, Japan builds a large-sized solar space power plant. The plant supports Earth with its large solar energy supply but suddenly there is an abnormality at the Saint Elmo plant. To pinpoint the problem, Earth sends several technicians to fix it.

Submarine Super 99

This has actually been licensed but the copyright holders never did anything with it, sadly. It's based on an old manga of Leiji Matsumoto and it would be ashame to have it forgotten. Only three episodes have been subbed and I don't know if they're actually still available.
Dr. Oki , the genius scientist who designed a new type of submarine is missing. His son, Susumu, smells an evil scheme of unknown group. He knows everything of his father's submarine called "Super 99" – equipment, weapons, functions and capacity. Susumu thinks that to find his father is to reveal the secret organization, Helmet Party, and stop their conspiracy. With the help of his friends and Marine Corps, he sets out to an underwater quest, not knowing how dangerous his endeavour is…

Thank you.
Except for the Pig / Re: Small Animal News
« Last post by Sindobook on December 03, 2013, 08:29:14 pm »
Cat P was about three fourths of the way to being pulled all the way up the wall when the cats heard some barking behind them.  Most of the cats panicked, releasing the rope and scattering, leaving only Cat T holding the rope.  The weight of Cat P was too much for him, and he strained for a few seconds before releasing the rope, sending Cat P into freefall.  Cat P tried to grab the side of the building wall with his claws, but it did not slow him enough, and only served to turn him so that he was falling back first.  Rather than landing on his legs, he hit the ground with a thud.

In the meantime, Cat T, Cat F, and the others came face to face with a Corgi.  The brown, black, and white dog was blocking the single exit, it was either back over the wall or stand and fight.  Cat T tried to command the group to attack, but the cats were simply in disarray.  Seeing this, the Corgi charged forward, attacking and sinking its teeth into the back legs of one of the fleeing and confused cats.

Rather than retreating back of the wall, Cat T tried to take advantage of the chaos and charged the exit.  However the Corgi was quick to correct and released the cat he had bitten, lurching toward Cat T.  The cat tried to dodge, but the Corgi simply matched it and then bit him right on the nose.

Cat F, meanwhile, stood back and watched the combat, as if waiting for the opportune moment to proceed.  She knew hiding would be no use, even if she concealed herself, she could hide from a dog's sense of smell.  Suddenly and seemingly out of the blue, she charged the Corgi who turned to face her, dragging cat T along by the nose.  Her fate seemed certain, but with a well-timed acrobatic jump she leapt over the Corgi and landed well behind him.  The Corgi tried to turn around but she had already raced off into the dark shadows of a twisting stairwell.

Cat T and Cat P have not been seen since.  No one knows the fate of Cat T.  Cat P is presumed to have gone into hiding.  Cat F escaped the Corgi, and was seen the next day at the gang's base with a large stash of Catnip that she had presumably lifted from the rival's storehouse.  None of the other minions that Cat P ad brought along have been seen since, they are presumed to have perished or abandoned the gang after the incident.

---

They are real, I have seen them in person, and yes they are pretty huge.  Roughly twice the size, three to four times the weight of an ordinary pig.  No one is quite sure where they came from, but they seem to be a local phenomenon, the most likely theory is that they are the result of selective breeding and mixing with larger pigs raised in Peru.  Finally, there are many reports of both bad temperament and health problems among these pigs, so they are not really recommended as pets.  There is some speculation that these pigs are mutants caused by radiation from the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Disaster, link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fukushima_Daiichi_nuclear_disaster
but there is nothing to substantiate other than the general timing of the incident and their appearance to back up these rumors. 

---

Yes.  Already the bits of fur are flying, but I don't think it really matters.
If you don't like it, don't go.  It's that simple.  Those bunnies run their gang the way they want to, in fact it is known de-facto that they start 'bad' rumors about their gang in order to lessen the number of people who want to be in the gang and add to their reputation of being feared rather than liked.  But any bunny with half a brain knows what the black bunny squad really stands for, so it's still a pretty popular (but tightly controlled) troupe among all the bunnies out there.

Let's not forget what happened the last time the cats ended up in the same area as the black bunny squad, see post #147 (page 10).  And now it is pretty much on the record that the black bunny squad is also bringing in some mercenary weasels, ferrets to be precise, which is putting the smell of fear into those cats from the neighborhood cat gang. 

From Mikey:  "They're numbers aren't huge, maybe 100 bunnies tops.  But they've shown that they can engage in effective sabotage in the past, as well as fight as a unit even in pitched battles.  Plus, large, vicious animals seem to randomly show up on their side when it comes time to do battle, the cats know this and have to take them seriously because of it."

"Mercenary ferrets... they rarely are as good as dedicated ones, but ferrets are natural hunters and enjoy fighting, that is, as long as they're on the winning side." 

---

I find it funny that people are still asking this; at least for some time now, it's not exactly a well-kept secret or anything like that.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=531604936946492

Camille's owner on (photo) left, Samantha's owner on the right.

---

What happened was that Cat P's owner decided to put him on a special diet.  So he's still lost at least some weight, but he's still quite fat.  He's at least able to move around a little bit more, but seeing as how he's pretty much lost most of his influence in the gang, he's honestly a non-factor now. 

This leaves the neighborhood cat gang in a state of conflict within itself, like the common small animal quote "The world of cats is dog eat dog."

---

All right this is a complicated issue.

She is talking about Cat A, who is only related to Cat P.  You know I've honestly likely only probably seen that cat once or twice, and I wouldn't recognize him.

I wouldn't doubt it's true, I mean, these are cats we're talking about.  They're predators by their very nature. 

I don't know who bunny C is, I honestly don't recognize that name.

From Mikey - "Nonexistant, simply nonexistant."

---

For the record, the mercenary ferrets pretty much did the job.  Pretty much.  There were some lapses in security, but it was honestly pretty minor things.

There were several Cat P sightings, he was prowling around the periphery but honestly keeping as low as a profile as he could.  There were honestly maybe 4-5 cats from the neighborhood cat gang in total that showed up; they didn't stand a chance with those numbers and they probably knew at least that.

---

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152225763760407
Trapp 27 - QC
Trapp 29 - Edit
Trapp 30 - Edit
Trapp 30 - TL Check
Trapp 31 - TL Check
Trapp 32 - TL'd awaiting timing
Trapp 33 - TL'd awaiting timing
Trapp 34 - TL'd awaiting timing
Trapp 35 - Tl'd awaiting timing
Trapp 36 - Tl'd awaiting timing