Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Forum / Re: the forums are dead!
« Last post by tenkenX6 on August 06, 2018, 11:37:03 pm »
*Bump*

The forums are still dead and will probably stay dead, since fansubbing is mostly dead these days, sadly.  :-\
General Forum / Re: How fast is your internet?
« Last post by suzaku_nomiko on March 02, 2018, 02:00:43 am »
General Forum / Re: Let Us Hear About Your Fansubbing Service Time
« Last post by tenkenX6 on January 08, 2018, 02:27:15 pm »
This will be my 12th year here  :o

Nice.

How many years in total, including L-E?
General Forum / Re: Let Us Hear About Your Fansubbing Service Time
« Last post by suzaku_nomiko on January 03, 2018, 05:59:02 am »
This will be my 12th year here  :o
General Forum / Let Us Hear About Your Fansubbing Service Time
« Last post by tenkenX6 on November 19, 2017, 03:38:32 am »
First of all, let me apologize if there is already a thread like this here. I'm not going to bother weeding through 14 pages.  :P Anyway, for all you subbers out there, please let the rest of the interwebs know how long you've been subbing now. I know some of you are approaching or have approached pretty impressive milestones.

As for me, I've been subbing as a part of Live-eviL for over 9 years now. Doesn't seem that long, but it's the truth. I'll reach my 10 year anniversary as part of the group next March. In regards to subbing in total, been doing that, on and off, for over 11 years now.  I'm what you can call an "under the radar subber", so even with my lengthy service time, I'm still not that well-known (at least I think). :o
After about five years, I think I'm decent as a QCer, but I still have ways to go to master the English language from a phrasing perspective, never having lived in an English-speaking country.

I pay decent attention to details, though, which is a positive in the QC business  :D

Ah yes, the ever humble CP. A true sign of an amazing and highly skilled subber, IMHO.  8)
« Last post by tenkenX6 on November 19, 2017, 03:19:35 am »
Not anymore, since you revived it a little bit with your post.  :P
General Forum / Re: Kakegae no Nai Omoide (Irreplaceable Memories)... A homage to CP
« Last post by tenkenX6 on November 19, 2017, 03:15:57 am »
So it has been more than two years now since the tragic day that affected many of us. They weren't kidding when they said "time flies". Anyway, even after two years, CP's passing and him not being here with us still pretty much feels just as surreal as it did back then. I sometimes still feel that he will just log on to IRC and we will chat like the good old days. I'm sure some of you out there feels the same way. I still think about CP almost every day. Actually, I honest think that one of the reasons and motivations (even if they are by habit or just something subconcious) for me to continue fansubbing and keeping in touch with people whom do the same thing is thanks to CP and what he instilled in me. Even though I've been much, much less productive than I used to be as a subber, sadly. That's how much he means to me and how much of an influence he had on me. And once again, I would like give a huge thanks to him for that. How much longer will I continue to fansub? Well, that's definitely the million dollar question. Who knows what life has in store for me in the near and far future. But as long as I have the time and the drive/interest in subbing, I will continue on forth. Not just for myself, but for my fellow subbing peers/friends, fans of old/unsubbed/underappreciated anime, and all of my former fansub peers/friends whom have either passed on from this world or have gone separate ways.
« Last post by suzaku_nomiko on October 24, 2017, 06:42:03 am »
DEAD dead DEAD Jim....
nothing to see here,,,, move along. :-[
General Forum / Re: How fast is your internet?
« Last post by mamochan on December 09, 2016, 01:21:59 am »
:D :D :D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10