Author Topic: DEATH NOTE!!!! .:.Master Thread.:.  (Read 294304 times)

Offline hostghost

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
Re: DEATH NOTE!!!! .:.Master Thread.:.
« Reply #120 on: November 02, 2006, 01:52:33 pm »
I think that the debate to wether the Death Note can be used for good is quite silly.
Killing is never part of "good". Its maybe part of "better", but not "good".

They should'nt have given us so many characterflaws in Lights character so early in the series, he is kinda damned to failiure from the begining.
"Hoping my two cents might be worth a dime"

Offline Kobra.ro

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 03, 2006, 03:56:00 pm »
i dunno why noone noticed this yet but for 5 ep. allready (dunno 4 sure bout the fifth cuz i didn't c it yet) u have called Ryuku Ryuk & the worst u've been calling Raito Light ... where does that come from? because raito is the word made by borrowing light from english? ... if it was so then it should have been written in katakana but as u can c in the third ep. (i think that was it) when u get 2 c Raito through Ruku's eyez u c his name written in KANJI & that is only posible with japanese names only ... now i'm not here 2 criticise bcuz i read the manga & it's just 2 great but just seeing Ryuk & Light in every ep. is gettin kind of annoyin' ... i wouldn't want 2 get 2 the last episodes 2 c u still call Raito Light  :-\ ... aanyhow @ least consider this post  .. uz i'm still gonna watch the series but Light just sounds so eeew >_<  ... aanyhow the rest is up 2 u  ;) ... ja na
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 03:58:25 pm by Kobra.ro »

Offline Iterion

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 03, 2006, 06:02:49 pm »
Before you rant about the names being incorrect please do some research.  Light is his actual name, and yes it would be pronounced raito and written in katakana.  However, the kanji that you see in the series is a kanji that has one meaning of light.  The subbers are correct in using Light as his name.  The same goes for Ryuk.  Ryuk is what his name was intended to be, but because of the nature of the Japanese language it is pronounced and written in Japanese as ryuku.

Good information can be found on wikipedia here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Note

Edit:
Also, you might want to go to www.jisho.org and search for akari.  The one you are looking for is probably the third one down.  Meaning lamplight, light (in general), and brightness.  So Light's name might also be a play on how he is the brightest student in Japan.  Which is quite a crafty thing that the creators of the manga have done.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 06:35:44 pm by Iterion »

Offline tlynnec

• Rakuen Hero
  • L-E\LLE Staff Editor/TS/encode/QC
    • View Profile
    • Personal Website... it's safe.
« Reply #123 on: November 03, 2006, 06:25:10 pm »
re the discussion about having a Death Note for yourself:

There is an old proverb: "Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."  I'd say that says it all, wouldn't you?  ;)
You shall taste oblivion! ... which tastes like redbull... which is disgusting...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am staff, hear me roar!

Offline suzaku_nomiko

• Rakuen Hero
  • いとおしい人のために
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 03, 2006, 06:35:25 pm »

There is an old proverb: "Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."  I'd say that says it all, wouldn't you?  ;)

T_T

* suzaku_nomiko has said that quote a few times in the channels :P

-resident Cat Girl of Live-eviL
Timer, encoder,Noob-Typesetter ,GM, Keeper of the claws of death by Kawaii!
Yasashii yoru ni hitori utau uta. Asu wa kimi to utaou. Yume no tsubasa ni notte.

Offline bobby6

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 03, 2006, 08:15:42 pm »
i dunno why noone noticed this yet but for 5 ep. allready (dunno 4 sure bout the fifth cuz i didn't c it yet) u have called Ryuku Ryuk & the worst u've been calling Raito Light ... where does that come from? because raito is the word made by borrowing light from english? ... if it was so then it should have been written in katakana but as u can c in the third ep. (i think that was it) when u get 2 c Raito through Ruku's eyez u c his name written in KANJI & that is only posible with japanese names only ... now i'm not here 2 criticise bcuz i read the manga & it's just 2 great but just seeing Ryuk & Light in every ep. is gettin kind of annoyin' ... i wouldn't want 2 get 2 the last episodes 2 c u still call Raito Light  :-\ ... aanyhow @ least consider this post  .. uz i'm still gonna watch the series but Light just sounds so eeew >_<  ... aanyhow the rest is up 2 u  ;) ... ja na

-1 karma for complaining about something incorrectly because you didn't research first  :P
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 08:17:16 pm by bobby6 »
"<YaoiBoy> hi guys
<YaoiBoy> nice job getting DN out
<Blue_Mage> I think I might be addicted to the ending song...
<Blue_Mage> It's so pretty."
ROFL ;D

Offline bobby6

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 03, 2006, 08:16:42 pm »
Before you rant about the names being incorrect please do some research.  Light is his actual name, and yes it would be pronounced raito and written in katakana.  However, the kanji that you see in the series is a kanji that has one meaning of light.  The subbers are correct in using Light as his name.  The same goes for Ryuk.  Ryuk is what his name was intended to be, but because of the nature of the Japanese language it is pronounced and written in Japanese as ryuku.

Good information can be found on wikipedia here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Note

Edit:
Also, you might want to go to www.jisho.org and search for akari.  The one you are looking for is probably the third one down.  Meaning lamplight, light (in general), and brightness.  So Light's name might also be a play on how he is the brightest student in Japan.  Which is quite a crafty thing that the creators of the manga have done.

+1 karma for setting the guy straight! :D
"<YaoiBoy> hi guys
<YaoiBoy> nice job getting DN out
<Blue_Mage> I think I might be addicted to the ending song...
<Blue_Mage> It's so pretty."
ROFL ;D

Offline naru

• n00b Hero
  • I fail for having an oversied avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 04, 2006, 12:59:02 am »

I think Stan Lee said it better...."With great power comes great responsibility." and no I am not a spiderman fan......but I am an X-man fan  ;D

***I promise to not use an oversizeed Avatar ever again ***

Offline Thanatos

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 04, 2006, 03:32:31 pm »
There are some things that I was wondering about, when I saw episode no. 5:

1) This episode has no "What happened last time" at the beginning.

2) At the end of the episode, the title of episode 6 is said to be "Diplomacy", which is also the title of episode 5.

Have the Great Ladies of Live-evil any explanations for these things?

The human whose name is written in this note shall die.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 04, 2006, 04:43:22 pm »

-1 for not looking for a solution in the previous posts before complaining. It's annoying to have people make the same inquiries over and over again.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 07:07:16 pm by Tsubasa »
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline Tfphoenix

• n00b Hero
  • Shinigami <3 apple
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 04, 2006, 06:53:44 pm »
Good job on DN ep. 5, can't wait for 6  ;D

Offline keepergirl

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 04, 2006, 09:56:13 pm »
There are some things that I was wondering about, when I saw episode no. 5:

1) This episode has no "What happened last time" at the beginning.

2) At the end of the episode, the title of episode 6 is said to be "Diplomacy", which is also the title of episode 5.

Have the Great Ladies of Live-evil any explanations for these things?
Well, technically I'm not one of the LLE, but I figured I'd try and give you an answer anyway.  As for point 1, I believe that has more to do with the raw not having one (the episode just may not have had one or the raw they used may not have).  Either way, I'm sure if the raw had had that, it would have been in the release.
As to your second point, I believe that's already been pointed out to some of the staff on IRC.  It was merely a mistake.  Perhaps someone who can read kanji (I can read the hiragana, but not the kanji) would be kind enough to post in here what the title of next week's episode is. 
Anyway, I hope that answers your questions for you. :)

Offline tlynnec

• Rakuen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 04, 2006, 10:37:57 pm »
ahh shoot!... how did i miss changing the next ep title?

It's "Open Seam"

*pokes the QC team for not noticing*
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 10:40:55 pm by tlynnec »
You shall taste oblivion! ... which tastes like redbull... which is disgusting...

Offline tlynnec

• Rakuen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 04, 2006, 10:39:31 pm »
and yes, there was no "what happened last time" in the episode

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 04, 2006, 11:54:00 pm »
ahh shoot!... how did i miss changing the next ep title?

It's "Open Seam"

*pokes the QC team for not noticing*

Well tly you are a busy person and when you're managing so many stuff together, you can't certainly expect everything to turn out perfect, can you? Trivial mistakes can be dismissed. So don't worry about it.  :D At least we got it our first this week and you've doing an excellent job and improving on it and getting stuff done smoothly so all is good. Best of luck for episode 6!  :D Thanks for bringing DN to L-E and the dedication. I still wish we could do a 0 day release but sexy ladies can't definitely follow Tofu's insane schedules and you got work too, which comes before everything. If we can manage a decent first release at least every other week, it's enough.

As for QC, anyone thought of a post-release QC? Like Thanatos here, leechies can do that.  ;D
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii