Author Topic: Tsubasa Chronicle 2nd Season MASTER THREAD  (Read 262890 times)

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
Re: Tsubasa Chronicle 2nd Season MASTER THREAD
« Reply #165 on: May 23, 2006, 06:02:29 pm »
Shall I set up the shrine to the almight Tofu now or later?

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

-gumbaloom

Hey Gum, I'm not saying u r wrong and he is right.  I know he leaves off lots of other projects behind, just to get Tsubasa and NANA subbed in preference.  And at other times, he doesn't pay attention to his projects or somthing and u guys have problems with his habits and behaviour.  :( But whatever he does...it keeps at least us Tsubasa and NANA fans happy, so we can't help deifying him, can we?  ;) I mean we are so used to his tight scheduled fast releases of these two series...so if we do have to wait 2 weeks and finally we get it, that would definitely be like heaven to us, wouldn't it?  :) But I do sympathise with u guys for ur current situation with the other projects he is working on...which are not progressing at the rate they should be. 
Well, my download speed is only like 3kb/s...so it takes me forever to download stuff.  If I had the bandwidth to get the raws downloaded fast, I'd definitely translate for u.  If I do manage to get back my previous net speed...ever...I'll definitely translate for u if u need it, thats a promise.  But if I try this with my current speed, it'd take me 4 days to complete the whole translation process (3 days of downloading, lolzzz ::))...and that'd be too slow for u, wouldn't it? I wish there was someone who could just watch the raws, jot the dialogues down and send me that 'script' so that I can translate it....but since it doesn't work this way...(sigh...) :(
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline suzaku_nomiko

• Rakuen Hero
  • いとおしい人のために
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 23, 2006, 10:06:09 pm »
Ohh I remember that

And I replied to that as well
 :-\
-resident Cat Girl of Live-eviL
Timer, encoder,Noob-Typesetter ,GM, Keeper of the claws of death by Kawaii!
Yasashii yoru ni hitori utau uta. Asu wa kimi to utaou. Yume no tsubasa ni notte.

Offline Shadic

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 23, 2006, 10:12:32 pm »
yeah that was totally out of line just because people like different anime than him doesn't mean that it's a horrible anime. I can say the same thing about the anime he watches if I don't like those anime, but I wouldn't. And I think the whole goal of Tsubasa is to get people interested in their other works, which seems to be working I'm looking into RG Veda and Magic Knight Rayearth.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 23, 2006, 10:17:44 pm »
And just read his posts and see what he does to get people to download the ones he subbed...'threatening' to say the least.  He needs to be taught a lesson....I have a plan... ;D ;D ;D
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432

Offline suzaku_nomiko

• Rakuen Hero
  • いとおしい人のために
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 23, 2006, 11:00:09 pm »
Hey Gum, I'm not saying u r wrong and he is right.  I know he leaves off lots of other projects behind, just to get Tsubasa and NANA subbed in preference.  And at other times, he doesn't pay attention to his projects or somthing and u guys have problems with his habits and behaviour.  :( But whatever he does...it keeps at least us Tsubasa and NANA fans happy, so we can't help deifying him, can we?  ;) I mean we are so used to his tight scheduled fast releases of these two series...so if we do have to wait 2 weeks and finally we get it, that would definitely be like heaven to us, wouldn't it?  :) But I do sympathise with u guys for ur current situation with the other projects he is working on...which are not progressing at the rate they should be. 
Well, my download speed is only like 3kb/s...so it takes me forever to download stuff.  If I had the bandwidth to get the raws downloaded fast, I'd definitely translate for u.  If I do manage to get back my previous net speed...ever...I'll definitely translate for u if u need it, thats a promise.  But if I try this with my current speed, it'd take me 4 days to complete the whole translation process (3 days of downloading, lolzzz ::))...and that'd be too slow for u, wouldn't it? I wish there was someone who could just watch the raws, jot the dialogues down and send me that 'script' so that I can translate it....but since it doesn't work this way...(sigh...) :(

Sigh..
I too wish I knew how to help you guys at L-E but I cant think of any off the top of my head.
I'm an "Old School" Fansubber Who got her start with Amigas and Jaco-sub and genlocks and video taped and then morphed over to PC-Windows with passthrough/overlay video cards when Sub-station Alpha came out.
and had just started to do full digital subbing via virtualdub and ssa scripts when we went under.
but that way a few years ago.
The fancy typesetting you guys do now I have now Idea how you do it or what you use these days. it seems quite beyond the tools that I used to use.

But sadly what you need most is what I dont do, and that is translations. I did everything else but, the editing, the timing, proofing, processing, general audo/video digital jiggery pokery.

As for Tsubasa's bandwith problem,  ;D I have the oppisite, I have a cable hookup all to my self and even systems dedicated for video work just sitting around  :'(
As I said I wish I could be of some help to you guys but I am not sure how.
Yasashii yoru ni hitori utau uta. Asu wa kimi to utaou. Yume no tsubasa ni notte.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 25, 2006, 03:47:08 pm »
Since you had done fansubbing the harder way, don't you think you could easily learn the new technology (I'm not saying it's easy, :o it must be lot of hard work for you fansubbers... 8))?  ??? I mean you are not from the 1980's or someone of 40+ age, this is still our era...still our time, still our technoloy, and you still have lots of time and energy to learn! :D :D ;)

Offline suzaku_nomiko

• Rakuen Hero
  • いとおしい人のために
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 26, 2006, 06:25:17 am »
Hmm I dont know. From what I have seen, some of the tools I used to use are still being used.

Esp the beloved sub station alpha. Not sure if it is used in the same way though.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 26, 2006, 01:10:45 pm »
What is the sub station alpha?
Hmm I dont know. From what I have seen, some of the tools I used to use are still being used.

Esp the beloved sub station alpha. Not sure if it is used in the same way though.

What is substation alpha?

Offline suzaku_nomiko

• Rakuen Hero
  • いとおしい人のために
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 26, 2006, 03:14:26 pm »
What is the sub station alpha?
What is substation alpha?

Substation alpha is a powerful Windows baced fansubbing software.
Kind of like Jacosub was for the amiga.
It was VERY popular and from what I understand it has still has not been surpassed even though It's creator Kotus retired from the project (Read got a life, got married i think) And has not come out with a new version in several years since version 4  :'(

Offline SailorDh

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 26, 2006, 10:38:06 pm »
Sigh Tsubasa Chronicle crosses over with XxxHolic but they don't ever appear on XxxHolic ><

Episode 8 has Maro and Moro beating on a rug and one of them is using Fai's staff to smack the dust off the rug.

Offline bastard-sama

• Live Evil Members
  • Rakuen Hero
  • in the middle of nowhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 27, 2006, 10:28:31 am »
at least thats what the anime is telling you
The resident bastard.

Offline kayryn

• kl33my Hero
  • Life is just.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 28, 2006, 07:00:30 pm »
wait a few more episodes and I'm sure they'll pop up eventually! remember, they're basing this off the manga, and Tsubasa is waaay ahead of XxXholic on the timeline kinda thing. Her appearance in one of the lastest episodes won't show up until a long time into XxXholic.

I love how everyone made a huge fuss about the two epsidoes, yet no one has really made and comments about them as of yet. We go from what? Page 3/4 and get a booooom of comments about the new epsiodes and continuous arguments about everything, and get all the way to page 13....no more comments once the episode comes out.
I never know what to put for these things....

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 28, 2006, 07:20:52 pm »
I'm running a book on how long it takes a random leecher to ask where Ep 31 is :D

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline Lumivalkea

• n00b Hero
  • Generally insane
    • View Profile
    • ElJay
« Reply #178 on: May 28, 2006, 09:12:03 pm »
If it makes you happy I can ask that question but personally I'm still waiting for someone to put up torrent for the RAW...  ;D

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 28, 2006, 09:26:33 pm »
http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2006/05/27/tsubasa-chronicle-31/

Episode 31 Screencaps and summary for those who will die if they don't find out soon what happens.

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w