Author Topic: Initial D 4th Stage - 2nd Discussion Thread  (Read 166180 times)

Offline CooBlueDAB

• Condor Hero
  • To each his own, and I'm in my own universe.
    • View Profile
Re: Initial D 4th Stage - 2nd Discussion Thread
« Reply #165 on: April 11, 2006, 09:37:08 pm »
Other major fansubbing groups were looking to pick this up and do a better job with it that L-E ousted in the beginning. Now we have these one or two other fansub groups trying to pick up slack that are comprised of one or two people at the most who do it within two weeks themselves without even having to worry if L-E is going to release their own first. Thats embarrassing.

L-E wasn't just sitting there, oh look, here is this anime (not unpopular in Japan or the US, I mean its pay per view there) that no one seems to want to fansub. Guess I'd better bite the bullet on this one. I would be one to bet they wanted the recognition and thats why they made the series so high quality and quickly in the beginning. Not because they liked it, but mostly to show off. Feel free to show off again guys and finish what you started.

I was waiting too (patiently, because like them, I have a life outside of this), but after hearing you whine about it and continue to try and make them do what you want.  I almost want them to say nope, because of you, we have it subbed, and are not going to release it ever.  Or better yet, just keep quiet about it to piss you off even more.  Out of the thousands of people that wait, you are the only one causing trouble now and complaining.  And your comment about not buying the retail when it comes out because LE is perfect... is the best arguement for not completing their fansub collection, so you do buy it when it is available to give credit to the anime you so love... but apperantly do not want to pay for or endorse.
Kevin is awesome, worship him! (YES!)

Offline bastard-sama

• Live Evil Members
  • Rakuen Hero
  • in the middle of nowhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 11, 2006, 11:17:01 pm »
wow you guys sound like its the end of the world if you dont get your fansubs ASAP like a day after it is released... you guys are so spoiled its making me laugh well not really... If you think about other projects that are more worthy of time but have been delayed for a long while you will come to understand that what you are saying is nonsense and you are impatient be patient and wait if you or not ill have it delayed some more so you learn it.
The resident bastard.

Offline Masakari

• kl33my Hero
  • Scourge of the Matsumoto Division (FLAME!)
    • View Profile
    • Live Evil
« Reply #167 on: April 12, 2006, 12:19:54 am »
A load of Bull.

Its clear by your posts that you care. k? So STFU. You're words are a waste of bandwith, and you shouldn't fill the void of cyberspace with such crap. It looks bad on the rest of us, k?

Offline bastard-sama

• Live Evil Members
  • Rakuen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 12, 2006, 12:48:11 am »
Its clear by your posts that you care. k? So STFU. You're words are a waste of bandwith, and you shouldn't fill the void of cyberspace with such crap. It looks bad on the rest of us, k?

If you didnt get that quite yet that means go find some other forum to post and stop typing
The resident bastard.

Offline Masakari

• kl33my Hero
  • Scourge of the Matsumoto Division (FLAME!)
    • View Profile
    • Live Evil
« Reply #169 on: April 12, 2006, 12:52:00 am »
L-E has not mucked things up, IMHO. To be honest, L-E staff is just apathetic to it in general. Other projects have priori. I mean, when you have a 3 man FAN operation, things can go pretty smoothly, as they all LIKE WHAT THEY ARE SUBBING. Honestly, I don't have much against cars (Infact, I drive one too :o :o) but when there aren't any fans of the show subbing it, Lethargy and sloth can really hinder things.

Or basically
ZOMG STFU WTF ROFLZ BBQ OMGZXORZ!!! TTYLS N UR GEHY LOLZ!

Offline bullz97

• n00b Hero
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 12, 2006, 01:01:06 am »
@Masakari
To be honest, L-E staff is just apathetic to it in general. Other projects have priori. I mean, when you have a 3 man FAN operation, things can go pretty smoothly, as they all LIKE WHAT THEY ARE SUBBING. Honestly, I don't have much against cars (Infact, I drive one too Shocked Shocked) but when there aren't any fans of the show subbing it, Lethargy and sloth can really hinder things.

That's my point and thats why my argument is with L-E. Real fans could have done a much better job. Why even start fansubbing an anime if your not a fan? They just don't care about it and shouldn't have hurt the ID scene with their apathy to begin with. Too immature of fansubbers to even care about the real fans of them and the series. If your trying to be a role model, you don't tell everyone you care about that they can shove it because you don't care about them. Show some sympathy to the fans or their won't be any left as it seems to be the case here.

@Bastard
Make me. I will go away when L-E comes through on their claim with the release of the final episode or an apology for being lethargic.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 01:11:32 am by cypherpunk »

Offline bastard-sama

• Live Evil Members
  • Rakuen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 12, 2006, 01:25:32 am »
we never said when it was gonna be released and you are expecting an apology? pfft you are dreaming
The resident bastard.

Offline bullz97

• n00b Hero
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 12, 2006, 02:31:32 am »
Never stated is was going to be released?
Live-eviL Project Status Page

* Initial D 4th Stage
      - Episode 23-24 - Timing raws made, awaiting translation

Its a current project. It is too bad that it went from 14 episodes to 24 episodes. It's also too bad that it seems L-E is going to be waiting for a licensing announcement. The series is over... It doesn't take a month to translate, especially when other groups have halfway done the work for you. I don't see a real excuse as it shouldn't take a large chunk of time by this point. I really don't expect an apology. I don't think they deserve my gratitude for claiming to accomplish something thats been already been done twice over by now. It was nice to try, but so much time has been wasted that it ruined it for the people that should matter: the fans. I.E. Not the people who are hanging around the forums here with nothing better to see or say but anything that can get their post count up. I am ashamed that L-E sucked the excitement out of the scene and don't have any regrets. It's ok if you don't like the series, but it's not ok to ruin it for others and allow the spread of prejudice. L-E asked for these complaints to happen when they started the project with such weak real intent. Don't bribe the fans to be quiet with delays, its too akin to locking your dog outside for weeks at a time for wanting the attention they've come to expect. That dog didn't know any better because it longs for what it misses and came to expect. Just don't expect that dog to be man's best friend when it gets all the attention it could wish for from the girl next door.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 02:33:16 am by cypherpunk »

Offline nemui

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 12, 2006, 02:52:12 am »
Ahhh... and people ask me why I don't work on anime...  ::) Shouldn't you be studying or something?  You have school tomorrow.  If you want to watch ep24 so badly, just go and get the Shinsen release.

Offline bullz97

• n00b Hero
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 12, 2006, 03:09:50 am »
I have actually already downloaded that and watched it two weeks ago. If you would read my replies, you would know that this isn't about that.

P.S. I am actually writing a paper for school right now. This is just good for taking breaks.  :-X

Offline Blue Mage

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 12, 2006, 03:26:48 am »
cyberphunk, I think you've pretty much exhausted this topic of conversation.

I feel no need to defend anything Live-Evil has or hasn't done simply because there's nothing to defend. Because L-E has no written mission statement, there is absolutely nothing to hold them accountable for.

Did L-E stop someone else from fansubbing this show?  No.
Has L-E promised a release date?  No.
Will bitching or trying to guilt trip people bring about a release faster?  No (apparently, you must not have liked the show since you seem to want it delayed further).

If you've already seen the episode, I don't know what you're bitching about. Other fans don't need you to attack L-E to grant them their non-existent right to download illegal material in what you evidently consider a more "timely" manner. In essence, you've stood up and said your piece. Now shut up and sit back down.

Go finish your paper and stop distracting everyone else (ie. me) from writing theirs.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 03:32:19 am by Blue Mage »
My mind is like a sieve. It retains all sorts of interesting bits and lets the important stuff flow straight through.

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 12, 2006, 04:45:53 am »
A lot of you guys are jerks :X

When we pick up a project, we're in it for the long haul, barring any special circumstances. If you don't have patience, you should know by now not to follow our fansubs.

-Tofu
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 04:47:40 am by Tofusensei »
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 12, 2006, 06:17:59 am »
Ya know Cypherphunk you REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY try my patience at times.

So whats the deal you might ask with ID24?. Theres a timed and edited script sat on an ftp somewhere but as you already know theres a rendition of Rage your Dreams at the end of the ep. I've been waiting for someone who shall remain nameless to karaoke time it and then for someone else to karaoke style it before I as the last piece in the jigsaw actually do the rest of the typesetting and encoding.

Now you're gonna turn round and say to me "YOU DO IT COS ITS YOURE DUTY TO". Like umm NO. I never asked in the first place to be the typesetter and encoder for ID4 but I agreed to do it for 2 reasons.

1) Cos it was there and it needed doing and I hate seeing stuff being left to rot
2) Cos someone asked me nicely if I'd do it and like ya know - fansubbing is a team thing and whilst ID4 ain't my pet project you help each other out on stuff you like cos you know that when you have something that YOU want to see fansubbing those people will reciprocate the favour.

I'm not gonna karaoke time the song myself because I'll be honest I don't like MOVE and I do enough kara timing as it is for my Sailor Moon projects without having to kara time a song I don't like. Now the wordings of your posts suggest that you EXPECT and DEMMAND that I karaoke time it in spite of all that.

My response to that is NO. Yeah I might typeset the show, yeah I might encode it but I'm not gonna bend over backwards to do kara timing which would make my eyes bleed. And ya know I was actually thinking of doing it myself just because I want the ID4 raws off my hard drive but after this performance I'll just wait for the person who said they'll do it to do their job.

If I wanted to be a real sh*t I could just say blow that and delte the filter raws off my hard drive without a second thought and say screw the ID4 fans. But noooo the fansubber in me says keep them till the shows ready for me to typeset :c.

It's one of the worst things ever when PEOPLE ARE BITCHING THAT YOU'RE NOT DOING A JOB FAST ENOUGH THAT YOU'RE DOING OUT OF THE GOODNESS OF YOUR HEART AND NEVER WANTED TO DO IN THE FIRST PLACE.

:XXXXXXXXX

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline Usagi_Yojimbo

• Condor Hero
  • It wasn't me, I wasn't there, you can't prove it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 12, 2006, 08:12:45 am »
It's one of the worst things ever when PEOPLE ARE BITCHING THAT YOU'RE NOT DOING A JOB FAST ENOUGH THAT YOU'RE DOING OUT OF THE GOODNESS OF YOUR HEART AND NEVER WANTED TO DO IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Exactly, see, just what I said. I feel bad for you guys. In all honesty I would NEVER undertake a project such as this simply because of the way people treat you guys. A thankless job really. At any rate "THANK YOU!!!!"  for kicking ass and being free. Take as long as you like. and Cyberphunk, It is utterly baseless to complain about a service provided without charge or obligation. If the wait really bothers you so much go hang on the Projec- D fansubs boards or something.
He who sleep with itchy butthole. Wake with stinky finger

Offline NStorm

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 12, 2006, 03:02:31 pm »
I'd just like to say that L-E have done an absolutely great job up to this point, so it's safe to trust that they will follow through and do it all. They openly admit and accept that they sometimes take a long time, so stop complaining about it. If they had said it'd only take a couple days, then there'd be some reason to complain, but even still, not much.

They do it out of their own time, for free. Be thankful that there are people willing to do that, otherwise you complaining people wouldn't have any fansubs to watch at all.