Author Topic: KIMAGURE ORANGE ROAD  (Read 104497 times)

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
KIMAGURE ORANGE ROAD
« on: March 07, 2008, 09:28:03 pm »
Well, well! What do you guys think of this show? Everything old is new again! It was always a dream of ours to subtitle KOR one day ^^

-Tofu
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.

Offline Suzuran

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Re: KIMAGURE ORANGE ROAD
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 11:06:07 pm »
Finally I can rewatch this in proper quality that doesn't make my eyes bleed \o/

Offline pokute

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 11:08:39 pm »
Wow! That is FANTASTIC news!! KOR is a great show and it deserves the kind of good treatment that you guys know how to give. I think the Mermaid Forest and Rumic Theatre files I have were done by you folks.

Will you smite me if I grovel, drag myself along the ground with my tongue, and plead humbly that you not make use of matroska's VFR features?

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 11:11:55 pm »
Thanks for the kind words.

We are not using VFR, no worries :)

-Tofu
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.

Offline Flux

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 11:37:54 pm »
Hi ! It's been a very long time since i got the chance to watch KOR and this time it's not dubbed hooray !

So i'll just say thanks very much to you guys at Live Evil :)

Just one question : what is the song from 0:11 to 3:07 ?

Offline mamochan

• Rakuen Hero
  • Ayukawa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 11:39:29 pm »
If I hadn't approached Tofu with the dvds last October, we wouldn't be here celebrating.
 *pats the remastered Region 2 DVD set*  [:jar jar]
DVD Backlog: Galaxy Angel (all of them), GITS: SAC, Juuni Kokki, Last Exile, Master Keaton, Rurouni Kenshin TV, Saber Marionette J, Saber Marionette J Again, Saber Marionette J to X, Slayers (The), Slayers Next, Slayers Try.

Offline smoke123

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 11:52:37 pm »
im sorry....personally as a watcher of anime...subbing an entire series again just cos of an increase in video quality is a waste of ure time imo...ive seen orange road and the ova...films...and wasnt ...well appaled by the video(this is in the past 2 yrs)...dunno which encodes were watched by some of the users...

if u guys were planning on doing such projects as tribute to old animes...would not one that is
NOT subbed yet ..be a better use of ure time?...kodomo no omocha ...a gr8 series with horrible subtitling....or...omg Hiatari Ryoukou!....

most subbing groups...go mainstream...or stay with animes being currently released...
when a group as good as ureselves shows interest in such classics...haha i couldnt help myself from posting...

peace...

Offline bastard-sama

• Live Evil Members
  • Rakuen Hero
  • in the middle of nowhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2008, 03:41:46 am »
sorry kodomo no omocha is licensed so you are still screwed and adachi is awesome and all but no you suck
The resident bastard.

Offline straywolf

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2008, 04:56:27 am »
All I got to say is... Absolutely Beautiful!   ;D

I still have the whole fansubbed VHS set from Artic sitting around somewhere.  Can't believe how many VHS tapes we all bought back then lol.

I'm glad to see KOR redone and hope it will draw in a new audience.  Great job guys! :)

Offline kiches

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2008, 05:22:30 am »
Yeah, I still have VHS fansubs everywhere, I really need to digitize them and make some space. I've never watched KOR but I've heard good things about it. I had no idea that the animeigo dvds were out of print, and here I thought I'd just pick up a dvd one day and try the series. I remember way back there was a petition sent to Animeigo for the tv series. Still waiting for their release of Yawara! Should be soon I hope. Keep up the good work.

Offline reca02

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2008, 05:29:36 am »
Joined the forums just for this reason ;) [:burtonsnowboard]

Gr8 move,...(and thanks for all the anime you have subbed thus far).
KOR is an excellent series but for the shin KOR movie.
And Kimagure pilot also needs to be released in better quality.

I just wanted to know if the quality is better than the mkv ones available out there by 'anime eternal'?...I also have the VHS one by some  'SSX'. Ironically  I liked  the SSX ones too....(Umm, how do I put it, they were a little rich in colour).

Just one question : what is the song from 0:11 to 3:07 ?
Its the second opening from the OVA series..."(Choose Me)" by Yuiko Tsubokura.

What about Dirty pair?
and yes I also have been looking for Yawara.

One more question...are the subs separately available? I usually have a hard time finding just the subs for a series.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 08:54:58 am by reca02 »

Offline Ryokucha

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2008, 05:41:53 am »
Truly a classic, one of my all time favs! The quality is great. And Madoka is still as cool as ever ^^

Fansub History 101, hehe great! I am glad there are still people out there who remember the good ole days where we would have to get every thing on VHS, I still have piles of tapes KOR being among them... Where you may get a 5th gen copy and hardly be able to see any thing... People these days have no idea how great they have it... Now days you see eps out as fast as they air, not months or in most cases years after they aired...

My eyes & ears thank you, keep up the great work!

Offline Ted elDap

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2008, 06:23:44 am »

Thanks for starting KOR!!!!

I have the VHS tapes -  The subs dance around so much that they are bearly readable.  Had to watch it on my 14 inch computer screen because the 27 inch TV made everything too blurry.

I later got a DVD set from a Hong Kong.  I think they used a Japanese to Cinese dictionary, a Chinese to English dictionary, and a truck load of beer to sub the series.

So, Thanks again!

Offline Flux

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2008, 08:50:03 am »
Thanks Reca02 :)

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2008, 09:06:03 am »
I remember this show from when I was in college, it was a major draw for the fanboys, the fans became very factionized, there was a madoka faction and a hikaru faction and the arguments would go on and on and on.  I only liked the minor chars like akane and the main character's two sisters, but still it's nice to see this show again.