Author Topic: Initial D 4th Stage comments... - Archive Topic (Locked)  (Read 875885 times)

Shift_

Initial D 4th Stage comments... - Archive Topic (Locked)
« on: April 22, 2004, 11:04:16 am »
Whyyyyyyyyyy did you not do subs for the opening :(  The song is soooo awsome.

Oh yea...when they say "Hatchi-roku" you should leave it as "Hatchi-Roku" because that's what they're reffering it to as :)

86 looks wierd.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2005, 04:06:54 pm by gumbaloom »

Natsus

Re: Initial D 4th Stage comments...
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2004, 12:05:48 pm »
but that's exactly what hachi-roku stands for... I don't see a reason to leave it as "hachi-roku"

Offline Yoten

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2004, 12:17:09 pm »
Whyyyyyyyyyy did you not do subs for the opening :(  The song is soooo awsome.

Oh yea...when they say "Hatchi-roku" you should leave it as "Hatchi-Roku" because that's what they're reffering it to as :)

86 looks wierd.

Dogfight, like many of move's songs, is rather difficult to translate (even transliterating it is hard.) Rather than put together a poorly-translated OP, we'd rather just omit it until official lyrics come out. And seeing as how the single is due out May 26th or so, we'll have those lyrics in time for episodes 3 and 4.

As for "hachi-roku", Natsus already answered that. I suppose "eight-six" could be used, but it's not like one way is really better than the other. It's just a matter of personal preference.

Offline Vash

• Rakuen Hero
  • Love an Peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2004, 12:47:48 pm »
I have to agree with Yoten.

I was gonna do a forum on initial D but people beat me to it.

I just wanted to see the feed back on how the ep was.
The more the better so we can improve the next eps for your needs.

Thank you for downloading Ide & L-E initial D.
I hope you all enjoyed it as much as we did.

Thanks
Vash
Vash XD

MrHyperactive

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2004, 02:43:01 pm »
Thanks for putting this out, I didn't even know they were gonna do a Fourth Stage... this is grea. Thanks

Berlkut

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2004, 09:06:07 pm »
Hello,

I don't know if I should be posting this here but here's the question:
I downloaded the RAW episode of initial D and I wanted to know if there's any way to get only the english subtitles without downloading the whole episode again. ???

P.S.- Nice forum

Offline Vash

• Rakuen Hero
  • Love an Peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2004, 09:20:04 pm »
Sorry Berlkut u will be downloading it again cause we dont give out our scripts.

Sorry man.

Thanks
Vash
Vash XD

Berlkut

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2004, 09:45:35 pm »
Ok, thanks anyway,  ;)

pacman99

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2004, 01:36:21 am »
Just a small question....Is it true that Initial D 4th stage raws will be airing only once a month in Japan? or is it gonna be like most anime where they come on every week? Cuz if it's going to take 12 months to air the whole series, well that's gonna really suck :) heh

Thanks

Syn-

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2004, 02:19:37 am »
Just a small question....Is it true that Initial D 4th stage raws will be airing only once a month in Japan? or is it gonna be like most anime where they come on every week? Cuz if it's going to take 12 months to air the whole series, well that's gonna really suck :) heh

Oh no, its MUCH WORSE then just once a month.... we get 2 every other month.  So we got 2 in April (back-to-back) and they will air another 2 in June, then another 2 in August, etc.  I believe it will take all year for it to get done so yea, bring on the frustration because thats what this series is going to produce for alot of us who really like it.

Thanks for the fansub Live-evil!

rectri

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2004, 02:19:40 am »
ahh... LIVE-EBIL! YOU GUYS ROCK! FoB2k4... AHHH... all the ebil things i can say.. but... =P

Natsus

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2004, 02:44:58 am »
I'm sure this will get asked sooner or later but I figured I'll be the one to ask and take all beatings  ;D

when will ep 2 be out?  One thing I remember about initial d was how cliffhangery it was... so when can we  expect the next installment?

epox_999

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2004, 03:54:36 am »
I have a comment on the subbing for ep. 1

I don't know if this was a translation error or a factual error in the original japanese script.

when the guy with the Miata ('90-'93 Eunos Roadster) is talking about his engine mods, the subtitle says
"this time, I bored out the 1600 v6 to an 1800"

The engine in those cars was an I4 not a v6.

also the displacment could be noted as 1600cc or 1.6L for none car knowing fans.

Don't mean to nitpick, as I said it might be a mistake in the original script.

Thanks, great job guys!

EpOx

piopio

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2004, 01:16:29 pm »
I noticed the V6 comment as well since the image on the shot is the engine w/ the quad throttle body setup.

I have a question:
Is the original source from Japanese satellite TV?  I'm wondering because for example directv can get the original streams (w/ directivo)and I think you can transfer them to a computer w/o generational losses
I'm wondering if such a thing exists for the Initial D series (mpeg2 no generational loss streams)  that way you guys can prep some vobs w/ your subtitles in the vob and make dvds!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2004, 01:20:25 pm by piopio »

Offline mikala

• Rakuen Hero
  • i wanna be an hero :o
    • View Profile
    • Mikala's Blog
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2004, 04:40:31 pm »
I'm wondering if such a thing exists for the Initial D series (mpeg2 no generational loss streams)  that way you guys can prep some vobs w/ your subtitles in the vob and make dvds!

::)
i hope i misread ...
Jabber ID : mikala@jabber.littleboboy.net