Author Topic: Initial D 4th Stage comments... - Archive Topic (Locked)  (Read 940694 times)

krazykunt

Re: Initial D 4th Stage comments...
« Reply #600 on: November 16, 2004, 08:16:26 am »
chAi whos the idiot now.. seems like you wouldnt know ur dick from ur ass.
as Supra_Saiyan mentioned, the japanese STi are equiped with an EJ20, a 2.0L boxer motor.
Bunta aint exactly ur redneck yank like yourself is he?
i was defending the civic... as im a Honda driver. But still the point remains that the civic and miata are designed for track use, not drags.

Also, only the civic type R is equiped with the 9k rpm revving B16B. one of the higher power per litre output n/a engines (assuming EK9 chassis) as the new EP3 CTR is equiped with a K series motor.
Most other dohc vtec civics only rev out to 8k. And as i mentioned before, you'd never even seen a CTR in your life. as its not eligible for import to America or even Australia for that matter.
"secondly, civics are decent"
hahahha dont make me laugh, pretending u know shit.

Plenty of rwd cars on the market under 30k in Japan, so stop pullin shit out of ur ass.

Supra_Saiyan is right. looks like theyre running during the day in heat.
Only goes to show how fucked up a movie FnF is. Its bred all these wannabes who live vicariously through movies and anime...

chAi = [smiley=poischich.gif] (you never had any credibility to lose it) you have just OWNED yourself.

aiya_the_aussie

« Reply #601 on: November 16, 2004, 09:54:37 am »
krazy all cars r eligble for imports (not as brand new of course)... it just have to comply to whatever the country's standards the car is arriving at...

for example..in australia we have a few series 8 type r rx7... and a few tommy kaira r33... u be surprise of what car we can get

btw civics and mx5 r great car...if u a girl... its cute and small...

_v0rani

« Reply #602 on: November 16, 2004, 10:31:40 am »
krazy all cars r eligble for imports (not as brand new of course)... it just have to comply to whatever the country's standards the car is arriving at...

for example..in australia we have a few series 8 type r rx7... and a few tommy kaira r33... u be surprise of what car we can get

btw civics and mx5 r great car...if u a girl... its cute and small...

All cars are not eligble for import for all countries and their citizens, ie toyota chasers and honda civic type r are not eligble for import in australia unless you are on a 2 year working visa or via illegal rebirthing methods. Go read your DOTARS before you bother to argue this point for australian cars.

mx-5 is a great car ... if your a girl... or if you have a cams licence and actually do track racing in australia so do more research or actually go to oran park raceway before you talk.

Honda engines actually get more praise from motorcar review magazines because its na engines are better designed than most other car manufacturers who must bolt on turbines to make up for their crappy (and inability to) designed engines.

And yes, lets all compare a smaller capacity honda engine (1.6 litre sohc) to a boxer turbocharged engine 2 litre dohc turbo). there is only a $25,000au difference in their prices and their capacity. Gee i wonder which car would win in a race (if the guy using a ek4 spent that difference in money to tune his/her car  [smiley=biggrin.gif])

If you wanted a true comparison try putting you put a Sti against a Monaro (Pontiac GTO) which only has a difference of $5,000 or a SS which is less than the Sti. The Monaro or SS would smoke the Sti with ease. (FYI the subaru would also breakdown alot more than the Monaro/SS over its lifetime and would probably have a even lower resale value unless you were fortunate enough to score a limited ed handmade wrx)

Supra_Saiyan

« Reply #603 on: November 16, 2004, 10:39:44 am »
^ You can import chasers now

My friend has imported the first JZX100 Chaser Tourer V in Canberra.  
However we cant import the Tourer S models cos the 1jz-ge doesnt make our power to weight ratio requirements and so can't be complied.
The tourer V is an awesome car

HSV GTO
6 Litre V8
0-100kph Man = 5.2 sec
RRP $78, 690 AUD (base model, no options)

Subaru WRX STi (australian spec..the jap one is faster)
2 Litre Turbo Boxer
0-100kph MAn = 5.5 sec
RRP $56, 630 AUD

Can you really compare a GTO with a STi?  $22, 060 price difference.  you're comparing a SIX LITRE v8 to a TWO LITRE Flat 4.  I'd rather buy an STi, use the $20000 and spend it on suspension mods, possibly some power/drivetrain mods and smoke you at any track.  Besides, you are buying a QUALITY car when purchasing an STi(eg recaro bucket seats, brembo brake callipers, grippy potenza tires).  It's not like its the best car ever made as usagi yojimbo thinks but its value for money compared to local offerings

Dont believe these figures?

go here http://subaru.com.au/explore/impreza/specifications.asp?item=23447

http://www.hsv.com.au

« Last Edit: November 16, 2004, 11:20:04 am by Supra_Saiyan »

aiya_the_aussie

« Reply #604 on: November 16, 2004, 10:54:40 am »
vorani what did i said?

"it just have to comply to whatever the country's standards the car is arriving at... "

what im saying is that u can export any car out of japan...the japan government cant stop u from taking it out of japan....

oh yeah theres a few chasers for sale here 2....

y do ppl so eager to flame other ppl...

mx5 is great handling car.... every car got its good points and  bad points... but 120kw for the turbo mx5...no matter how u look at it its way underpower...esp for track....unless all ur cars r na 4 cylc cars...

and how is a 2L 4 cycl true comparison with a 5L v8?? my maths is not that good but aint that more than double the engine size?

_v0rani

« Reply #605 on: November 16, 2004, 04:03:32 pm »
saiyan and aiya, try this (note all australian prices) as i am comparing purely on price...

STI
$56,630RRP
0-100km in 5.9sec

LA-EP3
$37,336RRP
0-62mph(100km) in 6.6sec

GF-EK9
expect to get at $22,000
0-62mph(100km) in 5.7sec

XR6T MKII
$45,205RRP
0-100km in 6sec

SS VZ
$50,990RRP
0-100km in 5.9sec

Monaro CV8 VZ (which is known as a pontiac gto in america).  
retails for $60,490 RRP
0-100km in 5.7sec

Ok Monaro isnt flash, but when looking at the other comparisons i dont see why your precious sti is so great, with the price differences of all the other cars you could easily work them to be faster, on top of that its pretty common knowledge that you can work a wrx to be faster than a sti..

All in all IF i could have any car out of that lot it would still be the ek9 (not possible unless i steal the one in melbourne/brisbane; get a working visa and go to new zealand to get one; buy every single part and change a ek4), 1.because police arent going to pull them over as much as the sti (and any imprezza that looks like a rex as it has gotten a bad rep over the years by all the tards who think its wrc on the roads), 2. its teh sex. if i could have any car period, i'd take the batmobile  8) with all the batman mods -_-.

aiya, ok point granted you can get some chasers into the country, but not all, which brings me back to the point not all cars can be imported into all countries.

krazykunt

« Reply #606 on: November 16, 2004, 04:23:27 pm »
The problem isnt with getting it out of Japan, its gettin the car through customs in Australia and gettin it road registered.
_v0rani is right, the only legal method of importing a civic type R to Australia is as a personal private import where you've must of owned the car for more than a year in another country.
Most import cars you see in Australia are imported under SEVS, but only a select few cars may be imported under this scheme as cars like the civic type R which share most of its chassis characteristics with a locally produced version deem it non eligible under the SEVS scheme.
Although nowadays in Australia, cars older than 15 years are all eligible for import. Thus, were seeing a current flock of r32 GTR's into Australia.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2004, 04:27:37 pm by krazykunt »

krazykunt

« Reply #607 on: November 16, 2004, 04:36:16 pm »
Also, i think we may be seeing a different monaro/GTO here, thus explaining the price difference.
Coz the one on that site has a gen4 6.0L v8.
Whereas the one currently on the market in Australia, the same one marketed in the US as the GTO is equiped with a gen3 5.7L v8 and looks different to the one of that site.

but hey, comparing a 2.0L 4cyl FI turbo charged motor to a 5.7L v8 would be more reasonable than comparing it to a 1.6L naturally aspirated motor.

Supra_Saiyan

« Reply #608 on: November 16, 2004, 05:56:34 pm »
^
Yeah, i was looking at the HSV GTO
meh

Offline Sun_Tze

• Condor Hero
  • Beware the eyebrow of doom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: November 16, 2004, 06:43:47 pm »
For just 45000 euros, you can buy one of these here in Portugal:

Last generation Civic Type-R.

Even though it will be head to head this german made one:

Stock engines of both cars:

CTR: Power: 200 bhp / 149 KW @ 7400 rpm | Torque: 196 Nm / 145 ft lbs @ 6500 rpm | Top Speed: 235 km/h / 146 mph

Astra OPC: Power: 240 bhp / 179 KW | Torque: 310 Nm / 229 ft lbs | Top Speed:      240 km/h / 149 mph
Something tells me where's not in Kansas anymore...

chAi

« Reply #610 on: November 16, 2004, 11:52:14 pm »
yes... in america there are magical deserts that are always cold.... IN THE WINTER... they don't go over the low 50's on average like i said...

2 i'm pulling numbers from where i can... i can't read japanese and i don't really care for aussie land since it has little to no relevance to me... as for the bunta deal and japanese STi's... no one ever told me which STi's and from where i just pulled whatever i could... as in the 22b and the American STi's from an older article i have...

3 you can import any cars from anywhere if u live in the US... u just have to buy 2 of them, and get the data from crashing one, then use more money to make it streetable using the data u just got and making it into US Standards... this is the main reason why its so fcuking expensive to import a GTR(r32-r34)

4 I don't live in Japan or Europe... and in america... besides the MR2 Spyder, the Miata and the Mustang i can't think of any other rwd car that's under $30k after taxes... although the RX-8 is really really close... this is in new Stock condition... if i wanted a project car sure... there's more to choose from...

5 yes... the EK9 type R's are decent a Mini would be able to have a decent match with an EK9, and lets not mention anything about the DC2 type R, the new EP3's are better thanks to the K series engine... they're an exception...

finally i never watched the first FnF take that into ur bashing... also if u guys wanted to talk about Aussie land imports say so... don't go around bashing people that don't know where the fcuk u live... its not like i have the fcuking time to click each and one of ur profiles and look it up... i was also not hating on Honda's they're great cars but like i said they're not godlike uber shit... and for your information Civic's make great drag cars... the CRX ranks as one of the top 5 in dragging for FF cars...

Supra_Saiyan

« Reply #611 on: November 17, 2004, 03:45:51 am »
Chai,

Your first point

http://groups.msn.com/fastandthefuriousmovie/charactors.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=263
^ ITs LETTY.  She won "TWO LARGE" as a side bet after winning a drag race

http://groups.msn.com/fastandthefuriousmovie/charactors.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=265

^Its JONNY TRAN and his ESS TWO THOU!!  

Neither of them seem to be affected by the supposed cold climate.  50 F = 10 C.  If it was 10 C i'd be wearing more than just a sleeveless top.

2  Do some research.  Not EVERYTHING revolves around america

6. FYI i think australian cars are crap.  Seriously, take holden for example.  All their sedans look the same.  you cant tell a sedan from a ute until u see the back of the vehicle because they share the same front.  the "sports" versions are just large heavy family sedans with the biggest engine they can find.  no engineering nescessay.  just plonk in a 5 litre V8 in the engine bay, and u got urself a "sports car" What about handling?  doesnt matter, as long as its has power. 'nuff said

If you wanted to build a drag car, an FF would be the last drive layout you would consider.  As Krazykunt said, CTRs and ITRs are great for track racing.  not quartermile bs.  eg, my friend's DC5 ITR is an awesome track monster.

you're 3rd, 4th and 5th point are irrelevant to me
« Last Edit: November 17, 2004, 04:22:51 am by Supra_Saiyan »

aiya_the_aussie

« Reply #612 on: November 17, 2004, 04:07:02 am »
All cars can be imported to Australia.

U can imported it via as a "race import only". However u need to hold a lvl 3 or higher CAMS lic...

u be surprise what cars can get through as normal imports... If you really want and dedicated enough... any car can get through as normal imports...

oh yeah btw FF cars make better drag compare to FR cars in lower power end cars cateogry... and better for amateurs

Supra_Saiyan

« Reply #613 on: November 17, 2004, 04:10:00 am »
^  yes but isnt the point of drag getting fast times using high powered 4wd or FR cars?

And even though u can import it for race only, that means u cant drive it on the street legally,  You can only drive it on the street if u are driving it to the track with a permit.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2004, 09:03:48 am by Supra_Saiyan »

aiya_the_aussie

« Reply #614 on: November 17, 2004, 04:26:19 am »
ahha if its not street legal.. u cant drive it anywhere.... unless u driving it on the back of the truck =P

well maybe the way im saying its wrong... what im trying to say is that any cars can be imported to australia as a normal import...however some cars will need to be moded to adhere to the regulation...but u be surprise if u got a good engineer of what u can get away with...

well drag is not only just about high powered cars... if takes skills to run consistent time....although its much more fun with high Kw cars...