Author Topic: Initial D 4th Stage comments... - Archive Topic (Locked)  (Read 933822 times)

Offline Love_Eun_Hye

• n00b Hero
  • @ Anime - K PoP @
    • View Profile
    • www.RacingWeb.Net
Re: Initial D 4th Stage comments...
« Reply #855 on: February 19, 2005, 08:58:04 pm »
I've been looking for Raw in several web but there is no sign at all - -*

I'm dying waiting for them - -*

Offline Dapprman

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: February 19, 2005, 09:16:20 pm »
I was watching some Best Motoring Videos while waiting for the next ID release and saw the drivers do something that doesnt make sense to me:
After braking into a corner and accelerating towards the next they often touch the brake pedal.
No idea why... ???

I'm sorry but Cov's answer is wrong.  The reason for it is to allign the ballance of the car for the corner.
Next time you drive, feel what the body of your car does when you accelerate and brake.  When you do one of these you do shift the ballance.  On the track (or in a race), you break to reduce speed, back off hte brakes to bring the ballance back, then just before you turn the corner, tap the brakes to move the body weight slightly forwards again, aplying more sprung weight to the front wheels and thus haelping provide more grip.  Also if you're entering a drift (however small), it reduces the weight at the back.

Offline Dapprman

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: February 19, 2005, 09:18:33 pm »

Also, depending on the situation, left foot braking.  

Left foot braking is used to counter under-steer, so especially used in FWD and AWD cars.  It is very very difficult to get right as pressing the pedal too hard will bleed off too much speed, ratehr nthan help tuck the nose of the car in.

RacingManiac

« Reply #858 on: February 20, 2005, 04:02:49 am »

I'm sorry but Cov's answer is wrong.  The reason for it is to allign the ballance of the car for the corner.
Next time you drive, feel what the body of your car does when you accelerate and brake.  When you do one of these you do shift the ballance.  On the track (or in a race), you break to reduce speed, back off hte brakes to bring the ballance back, then just before you turn the corner, tap the brakes to move the body weight slightly forwards again, aplying more sprung weight to the front wheels and thus haelping provide more grip.  Also if you're entering a drift (however small), it reduces the weight at the back.

Weight transfer won't happen unless your car is accelerating(positive or negative accleration, ie speed up or slow down). They will not want the car to slow down on the straight before you enter a braking zone. Most driver do it to pre-pressurize the line and make sure the pad are seated against the rotor, and also as a precautionary measure to see if the brake has any problem. This is especially critical for those racing in endurance type of racing, or even NASCAR(road couses especially). If you ever seen any of the footwell cam in ALMS or NASCAR races, they usually do that midway and before they would have to brake after a long straight. If they discover they have no brake they would have more time and longer distance to figure how to slow the car down.

Left foot braking is not necessary just for FWD and AWD car. Almost all the single seater series now, be it as F1 or Indy Car, they all adapt to using left foot braking. As it give driver a better control during the critical entry phase....

rectri

« Reply #859 on: February 20, 2005, 06:03:46 am »
Ready one's hyper mode,  because!

Raw - Initial D Fourth Stage - 11 (l33t-raw)

Raw is war! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2005, 06:18:02 am by rectri »

rectri

« Reply #860 on: February 20, 2005, 06:12:56 am »
Oh, and...

Raw - Initial D Fourth Stage - 12

Weeee.......... cheers!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2005, 06:17:37 am by rectri »

randomdriver

« Reply #861 on: February 20, 2005, 06:58:32 am »
I was watching some Best Motoring Videos while waiting for the next ID release and saw the drivers do something that doesnt make sense to me:
After braking into a corner and accelerating towards the next they often touch the brake pedal.
No idea why... ???

Another reason is sometimes they find themselves going too fast.  It again has to do with weight transfer.  If the racing line for the turn turn can be taken with the accelerator down and at say, 100mph based on grip, track bank, etc, you will want to take advantage of that.  but if you come out of the previous corner  and you know you will exceed 100 before you hit the straight, you're better off letting off the accelerator or possibly even press brake if exceeeding 100.  this will slow or hold ur car until you hit the point where you can accelerate and bring the car to exactly 100 for the bend.  in this way, you can get the car to "balance" back before the corner and give you optimal grip and allow you to take the corner as fast as possible and get you the best exit speed and acceleration.  
the previous post on pressuring the line is also correct.  it all comes down to what will get you the fastest lap time, different corners and following straights/corners will dictate what drivers choose to do.  at least the professional ones.   ;D  

randomdriver

« Reply #862 on: February 20, 2005, 07:01:58 am »
yay! raws are out; subs can't be far off. =)  keep up the great work live-evil!  

Offline Ryouske

• n00b Hero
  • OHMIGOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: February 20, 2005, 12:03:52 pm »
does anyone know how long live usually is with initial D?
Wai~ Wai~

randomdriver

« Reply #864 on: February 20, 2005, 01:06:36 pm »
it really varies.  i seem to remember there was once where they had a turn around of less than 2 days.  but then again, there was that time for 7 and 8 that took over a month.  but in the end, it's a free service that they provide out of the goodness of their heart.  =)  just sit tight and read up on the f1 news or watch some nextel racing and it'll be out before ya know it.

thx for the great work so far live-evil-ers  and hopefully we can "pressure" you guys into a fast turn around.  =P

Supra_Saiyan

« Reply #865 on: February 20, 2005, 02:39:24 pm »
hey, i just saw the intro

i think theres a gold bnr34 and blue ap1
does anyone know if we'll be seein them soon?

and keisuke has the mazdaspeed gt wing . amemiya hood and clear headlight conversion
« Last Edit: February 20, 2005, 02:41:42 pm by Supra_Saiyan »

Offline Usagi_Yojimbo

• Condor Hero
  • It wasn't me, I wasn't there, you can't prove it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: February 20, 2005, 09:07:04 pm »
okay 133t-raws.com is down, anyone else know a good Raws site??
He who sleep with itchy butthole. Wake with stinky finger

angelan

« Reply #867 on: February 21, 2005, 12:07:17 am »

thx for the great work so far live-evil-ers  and hopefully we can "pressure" you guys into a fast turn around.  =P

hrm....i believe to some extent "pressure" works against those who are waiting.  [smiley=albator7k.gif] Go back a good number of pages and reminise on the posting about: "the next time I hear someone else ask for ID4 I'm gonna delay the release an extra day"

Just don't "pester" and you'll be fine.....if you start whining and complaining....that's a big turnoff...and I'll gladly offer slaps with cold fish for those.

Just know, it's being worked on.  [smiley=austinou.gif]

Offline hellbent

• Condor Hero
  • don't drift under the influence
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: February 21, 2005, 06:46:26 am »
Thank u L-E for ur hard work. After seeing the raws, My jaw just drooped. For the people who have not watched the raws, dont bother. Just wait for L-E release, u will be glad that u hadnt watched the raws. Theres good news and bad news.
Good News, looks like we are garuanteed a 5th stage, dont see how they can end the storyline in 2 eps.
Bad News is that L-E will probably take longer than usual, cause of the new opening/ending, but that shouldnt be a problem to the patient ones.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2005, 06:47:19 am by hellbent »
There are 2 things infinite.
Human stupidity and the Universe....Iam not sure about the universe.

Offline Ryouske

• n00b Hero
  • OHMIGOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: February 21, 2005, 07:15:43 am »
Righteous... 5th stage.. that should be crucial
Wai~ Wai~