Author Topic: Initial D 4th Stage comments... - Archive Topic (Locked)  (Read 954697 times)

Offline CooBlueDAB

• Condor Hero
  • To each his own, and I'm in my own universe.
    • View Profile
Re: Initial D 4th Stage comments...
« Reply #1110 on: March 20, 2005, 06:54:47 am »
17s still huge... 14s or 15s id believe lol
Kevin is awesome, worship him! (YES!)

initialdfan

« Reply #1111 on: March 20, 2005, 08:05:32 am »
http://www.initialdthemovie.com

has anyone seen that before ?
the movie is gonna be out soon !!!

Offline JC

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: March 20, 2005, 08:25:18 am »
14"s or 15"s have too much rubber on them, not enough width in the profile, thus less grip, plus the ability to sway the weight of the car on the tyre.

My car has 14" wheels on it at the moment, and it's only 1.2 ton, but I can still sway the car on the wheels when cornering and even in straights, before the tyres even begin to lose their grip.

16" with a 225 profile would be nice, but 17"s or 18"s with a lower profile but wider... Much better!
"Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven" - John Milton, Paradise Lost

Just_J

« Reply #1113 on: March 20, 2005, 09:07:10 am »

Isnt that a bypass valve? Afaik a wastegate evacuates the turbo when you step off the gas to remove the resistance of the compressed air and makes this lovely sound *g*

lol, you actually have them backwards. ;) A bypass valve (depending on how it's used, also known as a Blow Off Valve, or Dump Valve), is used to relieve pressure between the compresser and the throttle body when the throttle is lifted.  Some people use the term bypass valve to refer to the valve that opens on superchargers to release pressure when the throttle plate is closed, or at idle. (Roots blowers can produce boost at idle)

I saw pics of a turbo after a 25psi pressure wave hit it when the car's BOV failed. Blasted the shaft clean out of the housing.

Offline CooBlueDAB

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: March 20, 2005, 09:38:05 am »
going in a straight line requires traction on the ground... it has nothing to do with cornering... more rubber, less air pressure = bigger footprint of traction at every given moment... and if you have 1200 HP you need it all if you arent using complete drag setups..

Anyways... onto the real tech.. you said you have an intercooler... I guess you have a turbo, since supercharging would not make those numbers... or perhaps a dual setup?   ... If you cannot produce slips on your times,.. the least you can do is tell us exactly what setup your using? What turbo? Intake, exhaust, tranny, compression ratio, pistons?.. new heads?  higher strength springs and rockers? what cams are you using? How about fuel management.. that has got to use a lot... what octane fuel does it need to run correct?  Also, most importantly, what suspension is keeping those tires on the ground... any chassis reinforcement? I would think it needs it with those numbers..      

Please quench my thirst... mechanical enthusiast here that just loves those kind of numbers in cars that require massive tuning for that kind of performance.

GunsmithCat

« Reply #1115 on: March 20, 2005, 09:47:11 am »
If any of you guys are bored and wanna see something pretty neat, heres a clip of an F1 engine startup session:
http://www.presspley.com/F1/video/Presspley%20F1%20Fireup.mpg

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
  • Time to roll the dice...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: March 20, 2005, 10:32:52 am »
::gets bored talking about drag cars:: so how about those gt300-gt500 cars now those are impresive
The planet weaves a cruel fate for men... Children are always the first to suffer... Geostigma,Genova,Reunion... Children who have lost hope... Respite for the Soul... And so he takes sword in hand once again...

Just_J

« Reply #1117 on: March 20, 2005, 11:51:59 pm »
If any of you guys are bored and wanna see something pretty neat, heres a clip of an F1 engine startup session:
http://www.presspley.com/F1/video/Presspley%20F1%20Fireup.mpg

Have any of you heard the clip of the F1 engine playing "And the saint's go marching on"? I know I have it on my PC, but I'll have to dig for it. :\

Offline CooBlueDAB

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: March 21, 2005, 01:46:45 am »
omg please find it lol....  id love to see takumi doing that sorta thing with the 86.... see Bunta's face lol....

Just_J

« Reply #1119 on: March 21, 2005, 04:06:10 am »
Found it. :)

http://www.just-j.net/files/chauffe2.mp3

I can't remember the exact, details, but the engine was a retired F1 motor, and the engineers basically worked out what RPMs would produce what notes, then programmed the ECU accordingly. :)

rectri

« Reply #1120 on: March 21, 2005, 06:39:53 am »
Heh, heh. Someone in imdm.com forums posted that Initial D the movie is a rip-off of the Fast and the Furious. O_O

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0439630/board/flat/16840677

Offline JC

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: March 21, 2005, 04:50:41 pm »
What a surprise... Seeing that the storyline is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT...

That, and not once have I seen cops in Initial D... So I don't see how in any way it's a ripoff...

If there is a way, someone explain it, please :P
"Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven" - John Milton, Paradise Lost

Just_J

« Reply #1122 on: March 21, 2005, 07:39:39 pm »
What a surprise... Seeing that the storyline is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT...

That, and not once have I seen cops in Initial D... So I don't see how in any way it's a ripoff...

If there is a way, someone explain it, please :P

It's got cars, drifting, and driving fast. :P

Offline Elchfaenger

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: March 21, 2005, 09:45:56 pm »
There was drifting in F&F? Somehow i can't remember... maybe because it sucked, as the rest of the movie did :)
Speed doesn't kill - its the sudden stop that hurts!

scotty305

« Reply #1124 on: March 22, 2005, 12:49:30 am »

Kyuzo, I call BS.  Why do you feel the need to impress people by claiming to have a sub-10 second car?  I don't see a roll bar (required by any 1/4 mile track on cars that break 12s), and that interior doesn't look stripped at all. Those tires don't even look to be 245mm wide;  I wonder if that car is even turbocharged. How about some engine bay shots?

Or how about you quit dicking around and just admit you thought it would be cool to post a photo and talk out your ass?

PS, thanks for the subs live-evil!!! Initial D is very entertaining.

-s-
« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 12:51:07 am by scotty305 »