Author Topic: Initial D 4th Stage comments... - Archive Topic (Locked)  (Read 933984 times)

disoneaznpnoy2o9

Re: Initial D 4th Stage comments...
« Reply #1635 on: August 24, 2005, 03:33:26 pm »
lol yeah. the movies is okayt if you dont mind the big plit changes.

yea alot of them including the characters

Offline JC

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: August 25, 2005, 01:22:03 pm »
Well... I've now watched the movie, DVD rip, and with subtitles (Gotta love the guys who did it!). And apart from the driving and drifting... The only highlight was the crashes!

But otherwise, the characters were pretty bland :/

Last night I woke up to my phone ringing, friend calling me from somewhere in asia to tell me that he's just bought himself a trueno and it'll be imported in a few weeks... And that he's hunting up a lead he has for a group a engine, but it's listed as not running (Apparently the big ends have gone - Ala what happens in Stage 2, or pretty close to)... But if all goes well with immigration and department of transport... I MIGHT be babysitting the sucker when it gets here... If so, I'll post up some pics and stuff

And since I've been sick the last few days, I have watched every single ep from s1.01 to the last LE release... I've had nothing better to do :P
"Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven" - John Milton, Paradise Lost

Offline Duke

• n00b Hero
  • The Successor of Ry Takahashi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: August 27, 2005, 08:09:43 am »
Yay! I jst found the raws for episode 17-18. =D. Time to watch! I dont care about subs... Well.. maybe I do, but I'm too impatient to wait!!!
Leader of Racing Team OniInitial D Arcade Stage Ver.3Main Car - Mazda RX-7 Infinity III

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
  • Time to roll the dice...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: August 28, 2005, 01:04:36 am »
question... in stage 1 episode 25 when ryosuke is talking to takumi before the race the track thats playing...what is it called...i cant find it on either of the stage 1 sound files or de selections.
The planet weaves a cruel fate for men... Children are always the first to suffer... Geostigma,Genova,Reunion... Children who have lost hope... Respite for the Soul... And so he takes sword in hand once again...

ricingfewl

« Reply #1639 on: August 28, 2005, 08:35:11 pm »
@Brokenimage0:

I think it's "Bust the Future Wall [move into the rockin' beat]" from Move, Album "Electrock".

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: August 28, 2005, 09:16:09 pm »
sweet thanks anyone back from otakon yet to let me know how it was?
The planet weaves a cruel fate for men... Children are always the first to suffer... Geostigma,Genova,Reunion... Children who have lost hope... Respite for the Soul... And so he takes sword in hand once again...

DARCnarc

« Reply #1641 on: August 31, 2005, 02:59:19 pm »
heh, just read
http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/default.aspx?carID=8931&optionID=0
 and i must say the evo series are the most beautiful car and the next one (evo x) they even gonna stop basing them on crap lancers!!
oh yeh and heres a suggestion if ya a bit worried bout watchin raws, go to
http://www.etplanet.com/download/files.php?cat=24 and dl the manga's from vol 28, which is post takumi's race, that have been subbed in english, will tell you exactly whats going on in anime + a lil more (though they havent eng subbed all the way though ep 18 yet)
oh and btw, heres an idea--next time someone asks about release dates how about the first person who see's it gives em a big ol' flame and then everybody just leaves it and is happy with the words of this hero, i personally find it much more annoyin reading through the absolutely huge amounts of flames littering the posts than anything else....just a suggestion ;D

Offline dcorwin822

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: August 31, 2005, 05:43:42 pm »
hey i have a question thats been asked befor but i can't find it but where can i find good translations of the first 3 stages?  i have a set but the translations are hard to read somtimes. i did a search but didnt turn up anything really and i really dont have all that much time to read through 110 pages.

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: August 31, 2005, 07:54:24 pm »
Initial D Stages 1 - 3 are licensed by Tokyopop. As such they have rights to all aspects of those anime episodes which INCLUDES the translated scripts.

Do not ask for ANYTHING related to licensed anime which INCLUDES translations eg scripts.

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: August 31, 2005, 08:06:14 pm »
lol its cool to flame tokyo pop thought right, for ruining such a masterpiece...its like if i was going to piss on the mona lisa, or do graffti on the effiel tower.

h22_jdm

« Reply #1645 on: August 31, 2005, 08:36:14 pm »
I used to work at Tokyopop as an intern.   All i can say is that I'm sorry.   ;D

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: September 03, 2005, 12:20:38 am »
A polite notice - in the past 24 - 48 hours there have been a couple of visitors who have come to the IRC channel when channel ops were idling and basically were like "i want my Initial D, work faster you £$£$£$£'ers"

Just a polite notice that even if there are no active ops you WILL earn a ban in retrospective as all channel ops do have a few hours of active backscroll + we have channel logging turned on. You have been warned.

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: September 03, 2005, 12:23:23 am »
yes ban them...disrespectfull little ingrates...how dare they.

Offline JC

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: September 03, 2005, 11:32:24 am »
I could possibly provide you with a dedicated eggdrop with scripts that ban on wildcard... Depending how much longer my hosting stays up for... All I know is my colo is being belted with massive DDoS and a few other things ever since the hurricane went through :/

And shouts out to the dedicated guys manning a colocation centre in the affected area, they're doing a top job, and almost out of fuel :(

Can read their blog http://mgno.com/ <--- There
"Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven" - John Milton, Paradise Lost

Offline tinlunlau

• n00b Hero
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: September 03, 2005, 05:31:35 pm »
speaking of which, what is the status of episode 16 now?  and when will we get to 17 and 18?