Author Topic: Initial D 4th Stage comments... - Archive Topic (Locked)  (Read 933894 times)

DaStud3nt

Re: Initial D 4th Stage comments...
« Reply #1665 on: September 04, 2005, 08:13:49 pm »
Then maybe only a strict policy will help

--------------------------
                         /|  /|  |                          |
                         ||__||  |       Don't feed         |
                        /   O O\__       the trolls         |
                       /          \                         |
                      /      \     \                        |
                     /   _    \     \ ----------------------
                    /    |\____\     \     ||
                   /     | | | |\____/     ||
                  /       \|_|_|/   |    __||
                 /  /  \            |____| ||
                /   |   | /|        |      --|
                |   |   |//         |____  --|
         * _    |  |_|_|_|          |     \-/
      *-- _--\ _ \     //           |
        /  _     \\ _ //   |        /
      *  /   \_ /- | -     |       |
        *      ___ c_c_c_C/ \C_c_c_c____________

I just wanna say you have too mcuh time on your hands to create that.

Another thing is I've been reading this topic for a long time now and I see that anyone who asks how the subs are going or asking how much longer to translate get shot down and immediately everyone starts screaming "Troll!!! Troll!!!! Ban that Troll Now!!!". You have some fans coming to your site almost daily looking to find there favorite anime to download. Is it so wrong that they ask how long it's going to be?

We all get the point that you guys are doing this for free and are infinitely grateful(you really don't know how much thanks I have for you guys), but with that said you are still serving a customer base nonetheless, and as such they have the right to ask whether the product is coming at all or not. It's almost about 3 months since ep. 16 came out and I read a long time ago that there was some problems with the series not having a typesetter, but then I remember reading that someone jumped into the challege. What has happened with that? Were they not good enough? Did they lie and really didn't know how to typeset?

As an almost daily visitor to this site. I check almost everyday to see if any episode has been subbed yet. To my dismay I find that nothing is even mentioned unless I look in the actual topic. On the main site under projects it shows the series under current projects, but nothing on this project has been done in about 3 months. If things have been done with this project, then I am sorry I do not know of them, but I haven't seen any updates if there were any.

As I said before, I read that there was no typesetter for the series, but then read that someone rose to the challenge to do it. What happened to that person? That was the last update I heard as to the series being subbed.

If there is no typesetter then move the series from Current Projects to Suspended Projects or something to that nature. We just want to know what is going on that is all. We don't wanna rush you guys or beat you up and say "Get Back To Work!!!!!". We are just asking "Can you please fill us in with any information you have?" No matter how small. If one of the staff went on vacation or is taking alittle break then tell us so that we aren't all screaming and thinking someone is being lazy. Again I understand you are offering this service for free, but that doesn't make it a Communist setting of everyone's answer being "Shut up! We'll do the subs when we want and if you don't like it then we ban you stupid *****!".

When it was decided to make the LE subbing group, didn't you want to be better than those other sub groups? You wanted to be at a higher standard? What else would be the reason to create a subbing group, if not that you were fed up with how other groups didn't release when they said they would or would drop your favorite anime.

I'm just offering my view here. I hope that I'm not answered back with massive flames consisting of "Shut up! We'll do the subs when we want and if you don't like it then we ban you stupid *****!".
« Last Edit: September 04, 2005, 08:16:15 pm by DaStud3nt »

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
  • Time to roll the dice...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: September 04, 2005, 08:36:35 pm »
lol its possible he didnt create it and found it somewhere..i find them everywhere..its less about someone asking about a release its the fact that they never look and most are too lazy to read whats already been said since ive come ive constantly seen people ask when the raws are coming out and if they have them and when is the release gunna be. and right after the reply that person gets theres another person asking the same question, thats why people get so mad, i can understand that if no one asked for 3 months and then someone did because there wasnt an update i dont think they would get mad... but it seems that almost every other day someone is asking about the release. There have also been people who go into the IRC channel and scream that "They are too F**king slow and that they want there inital d now" like they pay for the servers and other expenses a fansubbing group has. it happened recently and many times before. I also check daily and find nothing and it raises a concern because i love ID but i wait since i know how many problems can go wrong in a set up like this. and since have begun to watch other anime from LE and others to fill the gaps. Basically what im trying to says is people get constantly flamed because they ask so often with out trying to find if its been mentioned...and there are people who say they have looked and found nothing though it was mentioned in the most recent post of the main thread.Thats just my 2 cents.

No.Im wrong...what im really trying to say is that i hate sauerkraut, thats all =P. But yes thats that.
The planet weaves a cruel fate for men... Children are always the first to suffer... Geostigma,Genova,Reunion... Children who have lost hope... Respite for the Soul... And so he takes sword in hand once again...

Offline KunoMochi

• n00b Hero
  • Yum yum yum!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: September 04, 2005, 09:13:08 pm »
Yes, Broken is right. Some people just ask about it, even though it has been mentioned just a couple replies before theirs. But right now, the answer to your question about the typesetter is buried in about 10 pages of posts.

So just to keep you updated again, the typesetter's motherboard had given up so he had to go and get another one. If I remember right, he has found a replacement, but it's going to take a bit of time before he gets the computer working again.

That being said, there are people who joins this forum just to ask (or just flame about) how long it is going to be (it's about a weekly occurence). It'd be better if those guys would stick around a bit and read up (maybe even participate in the forum) before asking. They may have their questions answered within time.

I also remember a thread somewhere saying not to ask about when it will be released, but I forgot where it went... >.>

DaStud3nt

« Reply #1668 on: September 04, 2005, 09:24:01 pm »
Ok, thanks both of you for not flaming me lol. Dang motherboard shot...that sucks. I wish I could typeset, but I'm no good at learning out of books I would need to take a class.

Thanks again for giving me the update. Now I feel better ^_^

Offline Elchfaenger

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: September 04, 2005, 10:46:49 pm »
And I have too much time... yeah right! :D
Speed doesn't kill - its the sudden stop that hurts!

drakelord

« Reply #1670 on: September 05, 2005, 12:17:04 am »
I'll correct this a bit.  The typesetting is no longer the problem.  Typesetter is there.  The -encoder-'s motherboard went out.  The status on when he is getting a new one I am not sure on however.

Offline mikala

• Rakuen Hero
  • i wanna be an hero :o
    • View Profile
    • Mikala's Blog
« Reply #1671 on: September 05, 2005, 02:03:25 am »
Jabber ID : mikala@jabber.littleboboy.net

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: September 05, 2005, 02:11:13 am »
woot! ::makes mad monkey love to LE:: this is great stuff.
The planet weaves a cruel fate for men... Children are always the first to suffer... Geostigma,Genova,Reunion... Children who have lost hope... Respite for the Soul... And so he takes sword in hand once again...

DashRattleWRX

« Reply #1673 on: September 05, 2005, 02:17:05 am »
arigato  ;D

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: September 05, 2005, 02:17:42 am »
I was somehow conneed in to encoding it while G-D's out of action  :o

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline KunoMochi

• n00b Hero
  • Yum yum yum!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: September 05, 2005, 02:38:32 am »
I'll correct this a bit. The typesetting is no longer the problem. Typesetter is there. The -encoder-'s motherboard went out. The status on when he is getting a new one I am not sure on however.
Yeah... That's what I meant... >.> XD

Good to see Ep16 out already! ^_^

Offline Darner

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: September 05, 2005, 03:05:02 am »
I was somehow conneed in to encoding it while G-D's out of action  :o

-gumbaloom

poor poor gumbaloom  :'(

But we all appreciate the sacrifices you made to do this for us unworthy leechers  :D

Offline maziyarutei

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: September 05, 2005, 04:31:05 am »
 ;D ;D yeah, waited so darn long for 16 to come out. it's really going to worth it, i rather wait than watch other fansub cause no other fansub's release is that crystal clear.

actually im really a qc-freak and thats the biggest reason why i can really wait for le-ide release, so keep the good work up people.

oh yeah, when are you guys going to encode h264 to initial d? can't wait to see the difference.

THanks dude

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: September 05, 2005, 05:26:18 am »
yeah im too lazy to dl one of the h264 encodes they have out already since im only watching tsubasa chronicle and id4 from LE, but im pretty sure i can already play it. either way i think it would be a very nice encode.

DrDubbleB

« Reply #1679 on: September 05, 2005, 09:27:59 am »
Wow this really makes my crappy day much much better!  ;D

Thanks a lot LE crew I look forward to watching it!  :D