Author Topic: Initial D 4th Stage comments... - Archive Topic (Locked)  (Read 933668 times)

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
  • Time to roll the dice...
    • View Profile
Re: Initial D 4th Stage comments...
« Reply #1740 on: September 13, 2005, 11:53:06 am »
the dvd set link that comes first, i have a friend that has the stage 1 of that and its good quality and subs, i dont know about the other 2 stages though...he never got them. but they are very clear and good quality. i know where you can get them off of ebay but youll have to pm me about that. i dont like to link to stores and such but thats another matter.
The planet weaves a cruel fate for men... Children are always the first to suffer... Geostigma,Genova,Reunion... Children who have lost hope... Respite for the Soul... And so he takes sword in hand once again...

Offline JC

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: September 13, 2005, 01:52:58 pm »
Region 2 DVDs can only be played on Western European and Japanese DVD players (un modified).  US is region 1,  East Asia (except Japan) 3, Autralasia region 5.

Australia is Region 4 mate :)
"Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven" - John Milton, Paradise Lost

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: September 13, 2005, 03:46:47 pm »
Gentle reminder folks no trading bootleg DVD's. Some of the DVD's that have been linked in the past few posts are bootlegs. Live-eviL does not support in any shape whatsoever the activities of bootleg DVD makers.

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline Dapprman

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: September 13, 2005, 08:25:37 pm »
Australia is Region 4 mate :)
Appols - I only ahve one DVD from there and that one is region free.
Great thing about bwing in the UK - we've been able to get multi-region DVD players for years   :D

Offline Kenji

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: September 13, 2005, 10:54:39 pm »
ok i have a question, it has had references before but i wanna get a straight answer.

TokyoPop has licenced Initial D 1-3 in america but does this licence stand for the UK, as we cant buy any Initial D over here apart from bootleg Ebay and imported stuff.

in which case is it ok to DL 1-3 still, if i live here?

If it is could someone PM me the name of a fansub group who did 1-3 with good subs (as this will only be for my use and isnt promoting it in america)

Thanks in advance  ;D

Oh and great job L-E & IDE on Stage 4 keep it up  8)

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
  • Time to roll the dice...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: September 13, 2005, 11:10:07 pm »
im pretty sure LE is based in america which is why the distribution/promotion of bootleg versions of licensed anime isnt promotred here. as for teh UK i havent a clue...my subs are decent but i dont have the time or bandwidth to upload them all so im not going to, aside form the fact that i live in america and could get into toruble for it,getting caught or in trouble just isnt my cup of tea.
The planet weaves a cruel fate for men... Children are always the first to suffer... Geostigma,Genova,Reunion... Children who have lost hope... Respite for the Soul... And so he takes sword in hand once again...

Billthe3

« Reply #1746 on: September 13, 2005, 11:54:16 pm »
Gentle reminder folks no trading bootleg DVD's. Some of the DVD's that have been linked in the past few posts are bootlegs. Live-eviL does not support in any shape whatsoever the activities of bootleg DVD makers.

-gumbaloom
Sorry for that.  I think I've gotten rid of the bootlegs, unless they both were?

Offline dr_ishmael

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: September 14, 2005, 12:23:59 am »
Sorry for that. I think I've gotten rid of the bootlegs, unless they both were?

Is this a decent dvd set?  I'm trying to find a good dvd set with the first three stages.
http://cgi.ebay.com/INITIAL-D-ANIME-COMPLETE-10-DVD-SET-US-Seller-3-95-S-H_W0QQitemZ5998368834QQcategoryZ73574QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Yep, that's a Hong Kong/Taiwan bootleg set.  See where it says "Initial D TV series collection (3 dvd)"?  Anything that puts 26 episodes on 3 discs (or otherwise has more than 5 eps/disc) is 99% not offical.  (Off the record, I also recognized it from the picture because a friend of mine bought them long before Tokyopop licensed the series.)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 12:26:19 am by dr_ishmael »

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: September 14, 2005, 12:33:10 am »
Unless someone wants to disagree with me here, the only legitimate DVD's are

1) The Japanese Region 2's available from the likes of Amazon / CD Japan
2) Tokyopop Region 1's.

Anything else is a bootleg DVD. Apart from the issue of not promoting the distribution of licensed materials, the bootleg DVD makers are just in this to make a quick buck. Yes I KNOW it sounds old but the only reason why anime studios continue to make new anime and that INCLUDES OB planning is the money they make from sales of DVD's / CD's.

The bootleg DVD makers don't give a penny of their revenue back to OB Planning and lets face it all you guys want more Initial D right?. So which is better ?. A licensed product where a cut of that goes back to OB Planning so they keep on making ID till the cows come home or your $$ going to a bootleg DVD seller who runs off in to the sunset ?.

It's reasnoably simple to recognise a bootleg -
a) It's unbelievable cheap
b) It has Chinese subtitles
c) It's on ebay
d) It's Region 0 (all regions)

Note - There ARE some products for Hong Kong which ARE legitimate but you have to be very careful about what is legimate and what is not. I would advise against going to ebay if you're looking to buy genuine Hong Kong products.

-gumbaloom
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 12:44:01 am by gumbaloom »
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

xXJackXx

« Reply #1749 on: September 14, 2005, 02:49:32 am »
Australia is region 4 btw and my DVD player was advertised as a Region 4 player but all i had to do was ask the shop what the region free pin number was and enter that in and my dvd player is now region 0 player so it plays everything with out issue (its a sony dvd player)

Billthe3

« Reply #1750 on: September 14, 2005, 09:11:28 am »
Since everyone says tokyopop has ruined the series, is there any way to view the region 2 dvds in america?  Like would my ps2/computer be able to play them?

Offline Elchfaenger

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: September 14, 2005, 10:03:52 am »
Usually you can change the region of your computer dvd-drive, but it might be limited to 4 changes or so. I'm quiete sure there is a way to reset this counter, but haven't done it yet.
Speed doesn't kill - its the sudden stop that hurts!

Offline Dapprman

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: September 15, 2005, 12:34:48 am »
I use DVDRegionFree from http://www.dvdidle.com/.  Works fine for me.  As a registered user you get free updates/upgrades.

Offline NStorm

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: September 15, 2005, 07:53:01 am »
Unless someone wants to disagree with me here, the only legitimate DVD's are

1) The Japanese Region 2's available from the likes of Amazon / CD Japan
2) Tokyopop Region 1's.

Australia does have legit Region 4 releases, I think they are identical to the US release, but there may be some differences...

Offline JC

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: September 15, 2005, 10:48:12 am »
Our legit releases are done by madman/tokyopop :/
"Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven" - John Milton, Paradise Lost