Author Topic: Initial D 4th Stage comments... - Archive Topic (Locked)  (Read 934339 times)

Offline JC

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Initial D 4th Stage comments...
« Reply #1815 on: October 06, 2005, 11:49:13 am »
show me an alternative fuel engine that is readily available to the public, and I will show you that it is not within a normal person's grasp... I love my little economic civic... however, I would much rather have another fuel, the problem is, neither the fuel for the alternative engines is available everywhere, let alone a lot of places, and electric cars are a joke that only run maybe 100 miles a day between recharges without HUGE $$$ upgrades. 

As for the fuel prices, it went up about 1$ with the first hellicane here...  and before that about 80 cents, when I started driving it was 1$ on an expensive day, a month later, 1.50, then 2.00 was normal, its gone up so much in such a short time, and we are getting BS answers for it... personally, I don't want to pay a ton of money for a fuel we don't really have a choice in unless we are rich....  and its not just for petrol for cars, it is natural gas for heating homes as well.... among all the other things...  Fuel for cars can go up, but when the price per barrel goes up, which increases EVERYTHING related to it... well that is cause for concern.

Here's one for you...

Hardware stores here sell what's called "Denatured Alcohol" which is 99% Ethanol, 1% Methanol (Something about preventing you from drinking it or something like that). You change the hoses in your civic to a rubber that alcohol doesn't deteriourate well, and guess what? It's 106 octate fuel! It works out to roughly a dollar a litre here... And even cheaper for painters and the likes of (Any trade that uses it as a cleaner basically)

And if you start to go on about "That's not what I'm talking about"... People in the US have E85 and E10 (gasahol I think it's called)... If you convert your car over, you can run that too, no problems at all!

My girlfriend's race car runs on the stuff, and it's registered on the street too, use it as a daily if need be.

Also, the other viable one is natural gas conversions (Here in Australia most gas conversion places are backed up 12 months with work, some more than others), as it's 50 CPL or so (Cents per Litre, I'm sure you can exchange AUD to USD, and Litres to Gallons). Lots of people say that you can't make decent power on it either, which is untrue! There are a few nice cars with around 300Kw (around 400hp) at the wheels, but they run straight gas, not dual fuel.

Plenty of cheaper alternatives out there, just have to think and look ;)

(From memory, avgas - Aviation fuel, is only around 100 octate... All octate levels are based on the Australian methods and markings)
"Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven" - John Milton, Paradise Lost

Offline Elchfaenger

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: October 06, 2005, 01:54:54 pm »
you mean like this one?

Now I wonder: Was the car made after the anime or the anime after the car? Looks absolutly great!!

Oh, and there is a really easy way to make diesel from wood. Shell is going to use this, I think. I think this will be a really good alternative.
It's true that all these alternatives are hard to get for a normal person, but that is what I blame the governments and concerns for. They should have known!
Speed doesn't kill - its the sudden stop that hurts!

Offline Kenji

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: October 06, 2005, 06:59:11 pm »
well get this, in the UK people are starting to run diesel engines on old Chip Fat (or Fries Fat for you yanks lol)

Gas conversions are kinda taking of here too, Its called LPG (dunno what it stands for) and its half the price of petrol.

what i dont understand is why the UK gets oil out of the north sea platforms then all that oil is shipped to New Zealand!!! all our oil comes from overseas. Is it just me or is the a BIG waste of fuel (the transportation costs!) Oh and count all of yourselves lucky half the price we pay for fuel here is the tax the government puts on it!!!

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
  • Time to roll the dice...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: October 07, 2005, 12:14:06 am »
at my school we started making biodiesel this year(the one with cooking oil) we have a couple teacher cars running it and one of the ambulances in teh area gets all its fuel from us, it all depends on your local and your connections i mean in a part of the states they make ethanol gas from corn but it can only be gotten in that area they dont ship jack,they also only pay like a buck a pop (dollar per gallon) at my school the bio diesel is free since we get everything to make it for free and onyl 3 cars are running on it lol. but yeah. and i am pretty sure thats the same body kit they used on teh gt300 rx7 only a bit different for aftermarket purposes and it is sweet.
The planet weaves a cruel fate for men... Children are always the first to suffer... Geostigma,Genova,Reunion... Children who have lost hope... Respite for the Soul... And so he takes sword in hand once again...

Supra_Saiyan

« Reply #1819 on: October 07, 2005, 02:46:49 am »
that is an re amemiya kit
im sure that it was made before the anime

Drift

« Reply #1820 on: October 07, 2005, 05:02:00 am »
There's already a lot of cars in France that run on Diesel. Before i moved to the US Diesel was cheaper than Super. I don't know if it still is cause before i left, the government was thinking of raising Diesel's price. But cars that run on diesel there are more fuel economic and pollute less.

Offline CooBlueDAB

• Condor Hero
  • To each his own, and I'm in my own universe.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: October 07, 2005, 05:50:28 am »
I like diesel, awesome type engines, suprised they didnt catch on as much...

compression for the explosion rocks... ergo the fry oil cars etc.. now those are engines with possibilities. 
Kevin is awesome, worship him! (YES!)

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: October 07, 2005, 11:53:29 am »
well,stateside cars now,with all the emissions systems working,hardly pollute at all...but being america and the lazy bastards we are lol most cars are not well maintained and run like crap,and diesel here is now about as much as mid grade or low octane i cant remember. can you imagine if when cars first started being made they took a different method,i mean the idea for hydrogen fuel cells has been around just as long but didnt start to be developed til recently. i think it would be amazing to see something like that developed as much as the gasoline engine is now.
The planet weaves a cruel fate for men... Children are always the first to suffer... Geostigma,Genova,Reunion... Children who have lost hope... Respite for the Soul... And so he takes sword in hand once again...

Offline Dapprman

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: October 07, 2005, 08:24:59 pm »
that is an re amemiya kit
im sure that it was made before the anime
The front nose, headlights and wide-arch rear is Re-Amamaya, the bonnet is Mazdaspeed - not sure about the rear wing, but it's not Re-A.  The engine looks unmodified.

Oh and it has been out for quite a while.  In the anime, Keisuke's car starts off body wise with just a GT rear wing, then gets a Mazdaspeed Type-A front nose, bonnet and wheels.  now those have been replaced with the Re-Amamaya stuff.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 08:28:36 pm by Dapprman »

Evoluti0n

« Reply #1824 on: October 08, 2005, 06:56:02 am »
is anyone having problems downloading ep 17- and 18?

Billthe3

« Reply #1825 on: October 08, 2005, 09:18:11 am »
There's already a lot of cars in France that run on Diesel. Before i moved to the US Diesel was cheaper than Super. I don't know if it still is cause before i left, the government was thinking of raising Diesel's price. But cars that run on diesel there are more fuel economic and pollute less.
The diesel that is currently used in america is a really crappy quailty that has a high sulfur content, so it still polutes a lot.  It also costs more than supreme currently.  :-\

Once the tier 2 standards take effect in a couple of years the diesel we get in the USA will be a lot higher quality and will run more efficient and cleaner, but it is so different from the diesel being currently used that no current diesel engine will be able to work with the new stuff, or at least meet emissions standards with the new fuel.

Offline Elchfaenger

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: October 08, 2005, 09:31:37 am »
In Germany run already more cars on diesel than on petrol. They are really popular because they have lots of torque, are fuel-efficient and diesel is 30% cheaper than regular.
But this creates a new problem: diesel engines produce much soot, which causes cancer. So new cars have to use filters or they pay really high taxes.
These filters reduce some of the advantages like power and economy.

I don't like diesel, they sound somewhat agricultural and their power comes all in a big lump (quoting Jeremy Clarkson here, but he's right ;D ) And I like high revving engines, which diesel are not.
Speed doesn't kill - its the sudden stop that hurts!

Offline JC

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: October 08, 2005, 02:54:27 pm »
We recently got this new cleaner diesel, and all it required was an overhaul of the fuel system, with seals being replaced, that was it!

Today a mate of mine and I removed my gearbox and drive shaft out of my daily drive that has a completely dead gearbox... Ripped the gearbox apart and had a laugh, the insides were fused almost... I ran that thing into the ground!

Hopefully tomorrow we're taking it and my other car to his place, and swapping the engine out, and then going to wreck my daily driver, as it's pretty cruddy... Then I shall start on the build of the new engine for my project car (Which will be running the engine out of my daily driver while I build it)... Putting the head off an RB26DETT onto an RB30E bottom end, to make a (Really hard to guess here!), RB30DE, then to buy a whipplecharger supercharger, and with a few other modifications (Those that are of the secret kind), I'm looking for about 500hp at the wheels! :D

Okay, I'm over it all now, doubt anyone cares ;)
"Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven" - John Milton, Paradise Lost

XTJ7

« Reply #1828 on: October 11, 2005, 04:28:35 am »
Elchfaenger, more Cars in Germany run on Diesel than Petrol? Where did you get that info from? Maybe most of the Cars that are being sold this year, but not in total ;)

Happy you who are only charging twice the price for fuel as here its more than 3 times the price due to our taxes.
Fuel itself (including transportation etc.) costs in Germany like 0,41 EUR per Litre. If you put on the taxes youre at 1,35 EUR per Litre.

Thats crazy ;)
Well, gonna move to Spain this month anyway, so I don't mind, there arent many locations where fuel is cheaper than Spain if you don't consider USA and Australia.

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: October 13, 2005, 12:22:48 am »
lol good point, i want to leave the states when i get a big older but considering having my car shipped over there then making it legal and all this nonsense(car isnt finished yet but will be by the time im ready to leave) and to tag on gas and the higher prices of everything,moving out of the country seems irrationa,,plus id have to learn teh language of where im moving which will take time(since i would do it before i moved) so after that pointless blabler...colorodo here i come! nothing but straight roads in florida, ::grumbles about stinking old people:: so i need some turning action