Author Topic: Initial D 4th Stage comments... - Archive Topic (Locked)  (Read 933954 times)

Offline JC

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Initial D 4th Stage comments...
« Reply #1830 on: October 13, 2005, 11:31:53 am »
Straight lines are boring... I agree completely there!

Most contries have half the fuel cost due to tax, and they won't cut it here because the government doesn't want to lose revenue (Even though they had almost a AU$2 billion excess!)
"Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven" - John Milton, Paradise Lost

Rikadyn

« Reply #1831 on: October 13, 2005, 04:47:11 pm »
I wonder, with them attacking Ibaraki next, wonder if they'll attack a real circuit, i mean Tsukuba is prominient in the area

Rikadyn

« Reply #1832 on: October 13, 2005, 04:56:03 pm »
There is a reason! Since China started to consume more and more oil we run kinda short on oil.
And I say the US wastes a lot of fuel! Stop driving bigblock V8's! There is no need for that. Where I live an average car uses roughly between 60 and 40 MPG. And not 20 or even 10. If you'd drive more economical cars it wouldn't hurt you so much.
And there is no reason to depend on oil for transportation. There are a lot of alternatives! It's a known fact since years that oil reserves are finite!

Sorry about this, don't want to flame, but it makes me upset.

Back to topic: I really love the new looks of the RX-7. Wish I had a decent picture of that :)

actually that's not exactly true, OPEC has come out and stated that the demand for oil is less than what they supply, the reason for oil prices being so high is stock traders thinking there might be a short supply, also most gas stateside is being refined from oil that cost $35 a barrel

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
  • Time to roll the dice...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: October 13, 2005, 11:13:38 pm »
really i hadnt heard that? gotta link i can see? and i think it would be awesome to see them hit a real circuit it would add a hell of a lot of interest, but i doubt they will being its based around mountain racing, but it is possible
The planet weaves a cruel fate for men... Children are always the first to suffer... Geostigma,Genova,Reunion... Children who have lost hope... Respite for the Soul... And so he takes sword in hand once again...

Offline Dapprman

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: October 14, 2005, 12:51:30 am »
Unless they change the back ground to the story I doubt they'll hit a track.  I can't remember if it's in the original series or not, but it is in the manga, Ryouske had done circuit racing as an amateur 9and was unbeaten), but considered mountain pass 'togue' racing to be the only true challenge to go after.

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
  • Time to roll the dice...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: October 14, 2005, 02:03:14 am »
i remember that in stage 1 as well
The planet weaves a cruel fate for men... Children are always the first to suffer... Geostigma,Genova,Reunion... Children who have lost hope... Respite for the Soul... And so he takes sword in hand once again...

Billthe3

« Reply #1836 on: October 15, 2005, 08:11:24 am »
After all of Ryouske's talk about Takumi being so different from circuit racers in the episodes when they're racing the todou driving school, I doubt they're going to do anything on a track.

shadablade

« Reply #1837 on: October 16, 2005, 05:28:04 am »
Just curious,

Could some one tell me the name of the song / album thats playing in Ep.18 when Keisuke is taking the girl for her last ride in the FC?

Thanks!!

Offline DXPetti

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: October 17, 2005, 06:00:13 am »
Take a look at the credits at the end of the episode. Usually they list 2 or more songs that played during the episode. You'll find your answer there.

The front nose, headlights and wide-arch rear is Re-Amamaya, the bonnet is Mazdaspeed - not sure about the rear wing, but it's not Re-A.  The engine looks unmodified.

Oh and it has been out for quite a while.  In the anime, Keisuke's car starts off body wise with just a GT rear wing, then gets a Mazdaspeed Type-A front nose, bonnet and wheels.  now those have been replaced with the Re-Amamaya stuff.

Well having a look at the Mazdaspeed Japan website it looks like Keisuke replaces the whole FD (front, side, rear skirts, rear spoiler, wheels) with the FD Touring Kit < Aero Kit Type II >

I could be wrong by I suggest going over to http://www.mazda.co.jp/mazdaspeed/ and take a look for yourself  ;)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 06:08:00 am by DXPetti »

ulx

« Reply #1839 on: October 17, 2005, 05:20:47 pm »
what i dont understand is why the UK gets oil out of the north sea platforms then all that oil is shipped to New Zealand!!! all our oil comes from overseas. Is it just me or is the a BIG waste of fuel (the transportation costs!) Oh and count all of yourselves lucky half the price we pay for fuel here is the tax the government puts on it!!!

Selling the oil to other Countries instead of using it in GB itself is what keeps the Sterling worthy...
Cant remember GB having that much industry when looking at how much Pound Sterling is worth...
Ever wondered why everything in "€uroland" is so cheap for ppl from GB? Here u got the answer...

greetz, ulx

Offline Dapprman

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: October 17, 2005, 06:44:35 pm »
Well having a look at the Mazdaspeed Japan website it looks like Keisuke replaces the whole FD (front, side, rear skirts, rear spoiler, wheels) with the FD Touring Kit < Aero Kit Type II >

I could be wrong by I suggest going over to http://www.mazda.co.jp/mazdaspeed/ and take a look for yourself  ;)
This is just to force my hiragana along - my Japanese teacher must behind this ...
I know both kits and I'm correct with my deductions, always liked the Re-A wide rear arch kit, but was never a fan on the nose.  Shame they don't have a back catalogue - wouold love to know how much it's cost to replace my front nose and rear wing - the car came from Japan with the Mazdaspeed Type 15th Aniversary kit on it (though fortunately not the wheel arch extensions or side skirt which IMHO look a bit too car kittish despite the whole set up being designed in a wind tunnel)

Offline LanEvoIV

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: October 18, 2005, 08:31:04 pm »
Here is a link for the raw of eps 19-20

http://www.tokyotosho.com/details.php?id=27358

haven't seen it posted yet so, ...

Ep 20 is great, RX7 vs Skyline GT-R

sbrubles

« Reply #1842 on: October 19, 2005, 02:05:41 am »