Author Topic: Initial D 4th Stage comments... - Archive Topic (Locked)  (Read 933912 times)

Offline hellbent

• Condor Hero
  • don't drift under the influence
    • View Profile
Re: Initial D 4th Stage comments...
« Reply #1860 on: October 21, 2005, 12:26:49 am »
none of them are running the engine that Takumi is though ;)

U realize that engine is near impossible to get.
The only two people that I can think off that have that type of engine is Keichii Tsuchya and Ieda Akira.
Now Akira's car is the bomb, hundreds time better than the drift king.
All at a cost of a $100,000.
Yes he spended 100g on a rolla
http://www.club4ag.com/faq%20and%20tech_pages/IIda%20AE86%20project.htm
There are 2 things infinite.
Human stupidity and the Universe....Iam not sure about the universe.

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
  • Time to roll the dice...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: October 21, 2005, 01:11:12 am »
yeah i just wish i could get my hands on a front clip black top 3sge out of an altezza...its difficult since its not a common mr2 swap,the mounts are different but if you use a previous model 3sge set of mounts it lines right up...none of the places near me seem to be able to find one.
The planet weaves a cruel fate for men... Children are always the first to suffer... Geostigma,Genova,Reunion... Children who have lost hope... Respite for the Soul... And so he takes sword in hand once again...

Offline JC

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: October 21, 2005, 10:33:20 am »
You know it's possible to make the engine that Takumi is running, simply by removing the VVT from the 4AGE 20V head... It requires a few valley welds here and there, but it's ENTIRELY possible... Not sure on the cost though, but I can probably find out...

That being said, I don't see any AE86 owners here rushing out to buy 20V engines to do the modification, as the rest of the engine needs some serious work to match
"Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven" - John Milton, Paradise Lost

Offline CooBlueDAB

• Condor Hero
  • To each his own, and I'm in my own universe.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: October 21, 2005, 02:56:29 pm »
yes, making it is possible.. however, for people that will drool, lets remind them, that milling, porting, polishing, ballancing, springs, retainers, lightening of valvetrain, im betting higher compression, perhaps a restroking, better ignition system.... the works etc... would be needed.  Otherwise, the engine would not make anymore power past it's current rev limit.. and it would simply blow apart as well.
Kevin is awesome, worship him! (YES!)

Offline Elchfaenger

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: October 21, 2005, 03:50:37 pm »
Some american tuners (don't remember the name) replaced the whole engine with a Honda VTEC from the S2000.
I think this is a better choice if you really want to stick with the AE86 chassis because the 4AG engines are old and even if their engineers were genius modern engines ARE better. spare parts for the AE86 should be expensive and finite as well.
Speed doesn't kill - its the sudden stop that hurts!

Offline CooBlueDAB

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: October 21, 2005, 05:47:01 pm »
seriously... look at the new k20 motors from Honda... race teams are using them in lotus's and other race cars now... truely amazing motors.

DARCnarc

« Reply #1866 on: October 21, 2005, 07:12:45 pm »
No remix!
Back On The Rocks, the normal version, like 1st Stage!

Actually its remixed at the start with the cool phantom of the opera music done on heavy guitar *i think* but yeh when gets into main bit of the song, pure 1st stage bliss
oh and btw, now that the skyline and s2000 from the intro are gonna be out of the way, you guys reckon only anotha 4 eps? 2 to sum up the races and 2 for the story line? I doubt theres gonna be much more with his Dad, though I'll be very happy if im wrong

Offline Elchfaenger

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: October 21, 2005, 07:38:38 pm »
Actually its remixed at the start with the cool phantom of the opera music done on heavy guitar *i think* but yeh when gets into main bit of the song, pure 1st stage bliss
There was phantom of the opera music in 1st stage as well. Guess it should symbolize the menacing character of the black GT-R 32...
Speed doesn't kill - its the sudden stop that hurts!

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: October 21, 2005, 11:58:12 pm »
yeah honda makes a great engine..i jsut wish that they made more rwd cars...this front wheel drive crap has to stop...i mean the s2000 is magnificent... but civics and crap need so much to get that power to the wheels and keep them stable and not understeering into a wall in corners...that said...i wish that the japanese sports cars would come bakc in full force to the states, this suv trend must die!:: end pointles blabber::
The planet weaves a cruel fate for men... Children are always the first to suffer... Geostigma,Genova,Reunion... Children who have lost hope... Respite for the Soul... And so he takes sword in hand once again...

Offline Dapprman

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: October 22, 2005, 12:02:59 am »
Can someone Please PLEASE tell me what makes Initial D worth watching.. I can't seem to bring myself over to go trough the ''trouble'' to even download and watch eppisode 1.
Think being a petrol head really helps - there's a few of us on here who track day, drag strip, and I think even one person who races.

Offline CooBlueDAB

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: October 22, 2005, 02:16:41 am »
yeah honda makes a great engine..i jsut wish that they made more rwd cars...this front wheel drive crap has to stop...i mean the s2000 is magnificent... but civics and crap need so much to get that power to the wheels and keep them stable and not understeering into a wall in corners...that said...i wish that the japanese sports cars would come bakc in full force to the states, this suv trend must die!:: end pointles blabber::

hehe, if they only had the integra limited slip diff stock,  a rear sway or stiffer springs... and a nice k20.. in the older 96-00 model civics...  The civic would be a pretty mean FWD. handling, power, light

breaker1

« Reply #1871 on: October 22, 2005, 03:33:03 am »

Well, I don't know if frontwheel drive is really that bad.. I mean, it has it's ups and downs. I don't drive an insane car, but it can go. I mean sure, it's an accord, but it has nearly 200hp NA, and a lot of frame/suspension work.. but I'd say being fwd doesn't hurt it much, you just have to know your car...

Offline JC

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: October 22, 2005, 01:37:38 pm »
yeah i just wish i could get my hands on a front clip black top 3sge out of an altezza...its difficult since its not a common mr2 swap,the mounts are different but if you use a previous model 3sge set of mounts it lines right up...none of the places near me seem to be able to find one.

Shame you're not in Australia (I don't think?), I'd be able to hunt one up for you, at a decentish price too... And if I couldn't, probably know one or two people that could
"Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven" - John Milton, Paradise Lost

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: October 22, 2005, 10:46:55 pm »
yeah that is a shame i dont live in australia...and i guess your right about knowing your car i mean i drive an mr2 daily and when i got into my moms accord i was like wtf is wrong with your car...the steering was was so light, the body rolled alot, and the brakes couldnt compare, but back when i drove it alot before i got my car and license i didnt notice anything like that, so yes knowing your car helps alot but every drivetrain setup has big flaws...like my mr2 isnt an easy drifter becuase it oversteers if i take to long on anything...and a fwd drive understeers if you dont do everyhting jsut right...4wd has a bag belt to wheels pwoer loss... rwd is mostly balanced but in the areas that the other three are strongest its much weaker. But even if its weaker its the most beneficial since it doesnt take alot to learn the ups and downs of it,at least thats how it worked for me.

Offline hellbent

• Condor Hero
  • don't drift under the influence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: October 23, 2005, 07:25:09 am »
Some american tuners (don't remember the name) replaced the whole engine with a Honda VTEC from the S2000.
I think this is a better choice if you really want to stick with the AE86 chassis because the 4AG engines are old and even if their engineers were genius modern engines ARE better. spare parts for the AE86 should be expensive and finite as well.

That would be Techno Toy tuning in Cali. Iam actually looking at the cover of Hot Version. American Touge.
Yes its a good car an all. But theres is one mistake I see in that car. They put a perfectly fine NEW engine in a 20 year old car. Iam sorry but thats just retarted.
Thats the same as that shop that put a 13B-REW in the 86. I forgot which version of BMI it was, Iam to tired to look for it. But the stupid hachi was making over 500HP in a small and light car like the 86.
There are 2 things infinite.
Human stupidity and the Universe....Iam not sure about the universe.