Author Topic: Initial D 4th Stage comments... - Archive Topic (Locked)  (Read 933673 times)

Offline JC

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Initial D 4th Stage comments...
« Reply #1875 on: October 23, 2005, 01:10:14 pm »
If anyone cares... Final Objective, the most powerful street legal car in the world was on ebay for sale

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2F%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D4582238267%26fvi%3D1&item=4582238267#ebayphotohosting

3,000 hp from a 1,650 Cubic Inch Supercharged V12 Packard Merlin Rolls Royce Engine!!

Was made here in Australia too by Castlemain Rod Shop
"Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven" - John Milton, Paradise Lost

3sgte

« Reply #1876 on: October 23, 2005, 02:08:20 pm »
But the stupid hachi was making over 500HP in a small and light car like the 86.
What's wrong with that?
;-)

I drove a 300 hp FF Corolla, it was perfectly fine (as long as you stayed off the throttle).

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
  • Time to roll the dice...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: October 23, 2005, 03:31:53 pm »
granted its not the brightest thing to do int the world but if you think about in the stater(where it ws done) theres not many light cars that have a FR drive train that are new anymore that come out of japan, the miata is the only one that comes to mind,correct me if im wrong(and i only mean new models lol we all know about the old ones) everything else seems to be rather big and heavy in comparison like the 350z,and g35,...rx8 might be light but i dont know its weight.
The planet weaves a cruel fate for men... Children are always the first to suffer... Geostigma,Genova,Reunion... Children who have lost hope... Respite for the Soul... And so he takes sword in hand once again...

Offline Dapprman

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: October 23, 2005, 05:45:27 pm »
I believe the RX-8 is quite light, though not too close to a FD3 (which only weighs slightly more than a MK2 MX-5/Miata).

Salubri6

« Reply #1879 on: October 23, 2005, 08:28:24 pm »
Well, the facts that cars are getting heavier is rather a common trend that happens everywhere. I mean, even modern porsches weight a lot these days...

Sadly enough, but I guess that's one more incentive to remove the backseat etc... ;)

Billthe3

« Reply #1880 on: October 23, 2005, 09:05:56 pm »
If anyone cares... Final Objective, the most powerful street legal car in the world was on ebay for sale

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2F%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D4582238267%26fvi%3D1&item=4582238267#ebayphotohosting

3,000 hp from a 1,650 Cubic Inch Supercharged V12 Packard Merlin Rolls Royce Engine!!

Was made here in Australia too by Castlemain Rod Shop
I laugh at whoever tries to get traction in that thing!

Offline Elchfaenger

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: October 23, 2005, 10:06:01 pm »
Well, the facts that cars are getting heavier is rather a common trend that happens everywhere. I mean, even modern porsches weight a lot these days...

Sadly enough, but I guess that's one more incentive to remove the backseat etc... ;)
Well, add A/C, airbags, power-steering, lots of computers and so on to an old porsche and see what happens... It's all that comfort/safety stuff that makes a car fat!
But fortunatly because of better tires, suspensions, engines modern cars are usually as fast as old ones.
On the other hand... I saw a comparison of old and new hot-hatches on tv, cornering ability, acceleration and stuff. The old ones won clearly!
Speed doesn't kill - its the sudden stop that hurts!

Salubri6

« Reply #1882 on: October 23, 2005, 10:37:27 pm »
Well, I guess that depends on the type of car, but then again, most modern day hatches have more computer systems to keep them on the road than a plane has to keep it in the air. Ah well, guess that's progress for ya... :-\

Thank god a lot of stuff can still be removed form the car...

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
  • Time to roll the dice...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: October 24, 2005, 12:12:38 am »
thre trend of more weight and a bigger engine is bad for me since i happen to be a big fan of a lightweight car with a smaller engine but still a good power to weight ratio. i just cant see myself driving a big 2ton hunk of metal. thats why im sucha  big fan of the lotus elise...rather one of them
The planet weaves a cruel fate for men... Children are always the first to suffer... Geostigma,Genova,Reunion... Children who have lost hope... Respite for the Soul... And so he takes sword in hand once again...

Offline JC

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: October 24, 2005, 04:07:09 am »
Billthe3... It's quite driveable... Apparently, but that's due to the extremely large tyres on the rear end :P
"Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven" - John Milton, Paradise Lost

Offline CooBlueDAB

• Condor Hero
  • To each his own, and I'm in my own universe.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: October 24, 2005, 06:38:45 am »
thre trend of more weight and a bigger engine is bad for me since i happen to be a big fan of a lightweight car with a smaller engine but still a good power to weight ratio. i just cant see myself driving a big 2ton hunk of metal. thats why im sucha  big fan of the lotus elise...rather one of them

YES!  Me too... Did you see that i think it was Performance! episode with the tuned race cars? The lotus with the k20 type S motor absolutely KICKED!  (yeah, it was below a totally outdone Evo, but a few hundred grand and a racing team does that)  But MAN I thought those things were fast before that swap!  Crazy!
Kevin is awesome, worship him! (YES!)

Offline Usagi_Yojimbo

• Condor Hero
  • It wasn't me, I wasn't there, you can't prove it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: October 24, 2005, 08:47:26 am »
Incase it hasn't been said ep. 19 and 20 confirmed, and they look to be awesome
He who sleep with itchy butthole. Wake with stinky finger

DaStud3nt

« Reply #1887 on: October 24, 2005, 02:38:54 pm »
Ummm...ep.19 and 20 have already been subbed by a group called Project D. I'm not going to post the link though cause that is messed up.

Also it's already been announced that ep. 21 and 22 have been confirmed for a December 17th release date. So we all get a nice Christmas present.

Offline dr_ishmael

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: October 24, 2005, 09:22:22 pm »
I just noticed something on the Avex official site: it says that m.o.v.e made an appearance (出演{shutsuen} - performance, stage appearance) in Act 20, and they have character sketches up for t-kimura, Yuri, and Motsu.  I haven't watched the raws (I always wait for L-E's release), but does anyone who has watched them know about this?

Offline DXPetti

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: October 25, 2005, 01:54:15 am »
they make a very brief appreance, they are in the crowd watching Keisuke's race!

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/6329/100002vs.jpg

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/7384/200005iv.jpg