Author Topic: Mermaid's Forest  (Read 50146 times)

Offline Vash

• Rakuen Hero
  • Love an Peace
    • View Profile
Re: Mermaid's Forest
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2004, 08:32:01 pm »
I was just being a ass about my last post.

Its coming very soon so just please wait.

Thanks

Vash XD
Vash XD

Offline DeadAlready911

• kl33my Hero
  • Very Dead, Very Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2004, 08:25:24 am »
IT'S OVER.
IT'S DONE.
THANKS.

aoi-chan

« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2004, 03:09:40 pm »
Thanks for the last episodes of Mermaid's Forest.
I really enjoyed the last installment, it's so touching and sad. I like it a lot.
Really a pity that it ended this way *snif*
I would love to see more of it. It's the famous neverending ending from Takahashi-sensei *sigh*

Anyway great job Live-Evil!!! Keep it coming!!!
;D

HikaruChan

« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2004, 06:05:22 pm »
Hi, I was wondering if anybody else was having problems with their last two episodes of MF...

The episodes for me are still watchable, it's just that every once in a while I'll get a bunch of neon green squares on the screen and the image will blur a bit.  I've downloaded it a couple times and it still happens.  I'm just wondering if it's the episode or if something is happening when it downloads b/c I haven't had any problem with the other episodes ^_^

On the other hand, it's a great show and thanks so much for subbing it! That and Rumic Theater!  Does anyone know if there's a soundtrack for these shows? I just *love* the opening and ending themes...

Thanks again!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2004, 06:06:44 pm by HikaruChan »

Saya

« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2004, 07:27:32 pm »
Yatta!! It's done!  ;D
Thank you very much, Live-eviL!!

But it's kind of sad that MF has no 'real' ending. I'd like to know if Yuta and Mana will find what they are looking for one day ...

@HikaruChan: I think it is a codec problem. I had some problems, too, but installing ffdshow worked very well.

I haven't heard anything about a soundtrack, sorry.

Offline Spymon

• Maetel Hero
  • Still here...
    • View Profile
    • Contains Spoilers
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2004, 11:50:45 pm »
Sounds like an open ending.  I really need to get my leeching hat and get the eps.

Dissection, Experiments, Unfortunate Accidents

HikaruChan

« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2004, 06:04:38 pm »
Thanks for the help Saya, ffdshow worked nicely ^_^ Although I've been able to watch the other episodes without problem...hmmm...very strange indeed...

yeah, it's an open ending because the manga is still going...well kinda, it's on hiatus right now (I hate it when manga-ka's do that >_<) but rumor has it Rumiko is going to pick it up again after she finishes Inuyasha...so who knows ^_^

Oh, and I'm going to answer my own question.  After a *lot* of searching, and posting on forums asking, I found a soundtrack for both Rumic Theater and Mermaid's Forest, if anyone's interested.  

http://store.yahoo.com/animenation/iocd-11045.html

*sigh* Figures...it's in the most obvious place, and the last place I think to look.... :-[

« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2004, 01:32:56 am »
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=IOCD-11045

cheaper, but shipping from japan is a bitch..........of course i'm always wary of any english language site that sells anime soundtracks, since it's so easy to buy a bootleg, but at first glance animenation looks legit

vantur

« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2004, 11:33:35 pm »
"but rumor has it Rumiko is going to pick it up again after she finishes Inuyasha...so who knows ^_^ "

Till inuyasha is done? guys... inuyasha is still ongoing .. If mermaid forest was open ending.. inuyasha is never ending... they allways keep on finding ways to stretch it out and start all over again.

as long as Inuyasha is a money cow... it will not end...

Cheers
Vantur ;D
« Last Edit: March 20, 2004, 11:34:56 pm by vantur »

Marilyn

« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2004, 10:51:00 pm »
but rumor has it Rumiko is going to pick it up again after she finishes Inuyasha...

So in 10 years she'll continue the manga?

I'm sad that it's over, but what LE title should I begin watching next?? I don't really know what any of the other shows are about. Any recommendations?

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2004, 09:58:11 am »
Well, if you have patience I'd say watch Gilgamesh... It takes a while to get going but it is very interesting...

I'd definitely recommend Yawara! and Galaxy Railways... If you do not mind old style animation watch 3000 Leagues in Search of Mother and Galaxy Express 999 too!

What sort of shows do you like? Maybe I can narrow it down more ^^;

-Tofu
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.

HikaruChan

« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2004, 06:25:41 am »

as long as Inuyasha is a money cow... it will not end...

Actually, the manga is ending somewhere in between this upcoming September and December.  The magazine she publishes through has a limit on the number of chapters she can do and she's fast approaching that limit ^_^;;;

The anime is another story...

But that means that it won't be long until she does more Mermaid Saga ^_^  As was said on another board, that's a story she tends to do between longer ones so....

aoi-chan

« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2004, 08:57:25 pm »
Inuyasha is going to end soon?
Finally *phew*
Don't misunderstood pls. I love the anime & manga but they're just painfully long and the story is going on in circle. I'm kinda glad it's nearing it's end. Just hope that it's a good ending. I'm rarely satisfied with Takahashi's sensei ending. Maison Ikkoku's was good though :)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2004, 08:57:56 pm by aoi-chan »

TRA

« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2004, 06:05:06 pm »
uhm... there's a page in japanese that sais that there are another 2 episodes of the series (12+13) which would be "Mermaid's Scar" part 1+2:

http://www.dvd.netyokocho.jp/animation/PCBE-60039/

are you going to translate them too? thanx for the other 11 eps by the way ^^;

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2004, 11:04:53 pm »
Yes! I didn't see that, thanks for pointing it out... If it is true we will most definitely be subtitling it when it is released ^^;

-Tofu
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.