Author Topic: Yawara, yet again \o/  (Read 68779 times)

Offline bastard-sama

• Live Evil Members
  • Rakuen Hero
  • in the middle of nowhere
    • View Profile
Re: Yawara, yet again \o/
« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2005, 01:54:15 am »
45 released a bit ago.. have fun!
The resident bastard.

Offline Diablo

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2005, 03:43:21 am »
HI, Thanks 4 all yr hard work,  ;D Live-Evil is the best funsubbing group  ;D.

Sorry to mention this but I think there is an error in yawara 45, it get stuck in mint 14

And thanks again
Diabloooooooooooooo

froobly

« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2005, 09:49:04 am »
Great episode and great subbing.  Thanks a bundle!

I just want to point out (in fact, if you look at my reg date, I registered specifically to point this out) that there's one mistake in the preview for the next episode.  The Korean dish that Jigoro's talking about is Bibimbap, or as the Japanese say, "Bibinba."  If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend you do.  Especially in a stone bowl.  It's good eatin'.

Otherwise, keep up the good work!  You guys seem to be roughly following a weekly release schedule, which keeps me very happy.  I hope you can keep it up now that you're in uncharted territory!  If not, I understand (though I still cry).

Offline multani

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2006, 12:28:45 pm »
hello, can someone help a little by seeding the 01-04 and 09-12 pack. We are stuck for some time now at 94% and 62% and i must admit that  it is a little frustrating ;D .

Anyway thanx for doing this series, i hope you gonna keep it up to the end and i wish you good luck for the remaining episodes.

Offline wickning1

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2006, 05:49:19 am »
I just wanted to pop in and thank you guys for releasing Yawara, I look forward to every new episode. :)

Offline Elchfaenger

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2006, 10:28:42 pm »
Great work, L-E, I really enjoy watching it! I'm slowly catching up with the releases, just watched ep 40. And there is one thing really wrong in the subs: Fujiko say she learned to dance at the "Bolle Chez" troupe.
In fact it's a very famous russian school (even I know it ;)) and its called Bolshoi, named after the theatre in Moscow.
Speed doesn't kill - its the sudden stop that hurts!

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2006, 10:42:44 pm »
*Looks at editors / qc'ers*

I typeset it and enc it so...BAD EDITORS/BAD QC'ers *slaps*

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline Spymon

• Maetel Hero
  • Still here...
    • View Profile
    • Contains Spoilers
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2006, 10:06:08 pm »
Maybe I should start qcing this series again...  I'm only about 20eps behind now!

Dissection, Experiments, Unfortunate Accidents

Offline Entitled

• n00b Hero
  • Wee! An Octopus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 05, 2006, 06:20:58 am »
Yo.  I just finished watching eps 1-49 in two days, and well, I guess that shows my opinion on the series.  ;D

Here's to the hope of seeing an LE and FB presentation of episode 124 some day.

Cheers!

Offline Elchfaenger

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 05, 2006, 10:56:55 am »
Yo.  I just finished watching eps 1-49 in two days, and well, I guess that shows my opinion on the series.  ;D
"The earlier I'm through the better"?
Speed doesn't kill - its the sudden stop that hurts!

Offline Lothar

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2006, 04:43:05 am »
Yes, I registered just so I could commend Live-Evil on the job you're doing in fansubbing Yawara.  Thank you so much for picking this up and subbing what should be called a classic of the seinen sports genre. 

Incidentally, does anyone get the feeling that Ginban Kaleidoscope was written as a response to Yawara?  Tazusa is aggressive, cocky, and usually angry, has no doubts about wanting to win a gold medal in figure skating, and doesn't strive at all to find a man and be a "normal" Japanese woman (Pete finds her, after all).  Plus Tazusa's rival, while beautiful, is very yassashi and not at all boastful as Sayaka is on her humblest of days.  Though I sing Yawara's praises, you have to admit that the show is a bit, err, dated as far as gender expectations go.  It's likely that Ginban Kaleidoscope was written by women who felt a need to strike back at Yawara's 1980s sensibilities.  That is, a female Olympic-level athlete can be Yawara's personality opposite and still gain a following, as well as a man.  Err, sort of (watch the series to see what I mean). 

Offline ANDARIAL

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 10, 2006, 10:22:04 pm »
been a while since i voiced my appreciation to you lot :-[
still better late than never
thanx for continuing to sub this great series and keep up the good work  :)
ANDARIAL is awesome, worship him!

Offline Lothar

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2006, 04:52:07 pm »
I'd imagine that NANA and Tsubasa (both good shows) are taking up a lot of L-E's time, but I for one would really like to see the next episode of Yawara out, even if it is a recap episode.   ;)

Offline bastard-sama

• Live Evil Members
  • Rakuen Hero
  • in the middle of nowhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 18, 2006, 04:13:42 am »
nana and tsubasa are done by mostly tofu none of the other staff is affected by it.. what took long was trying to match the flashbacks with what was said in the previous episodes which took awhile
The resident bastard.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2006, 08:13:40 pm »
Can anyone tell me how many members are fansubbing for live Evil, whats their names?  Add exactly what positions they hold?  I mean most of u guys seems to be strongly affected by Tofusensei prioritizing Tsubasa and NANA so I was asking.  By the way, if someone wants to translate for u...does he/she have to watch the raw frist, then write the dialogues down and then translate and send the text files to u guys?  And whats typesetting?
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii