Author Topic: Initial D Live Action  (Read 34821 times)

Offline Elchfaenger

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Initial D Live Action
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2005, 08:56:49 pm »
Yep, it works! Looks very nice!
I've read on anime news network that in hong kong ID live action is more popular than the new starwars movie! How cool is that??? ;D
Speed doesn't kill - its the sudden stop that hurts!

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
  • Time to roll the dice...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2005, 10:10:03 pm »
I think it would be cool if the IDLA wasnt so horrid.Why couldnt they have just stuckw ith the real story.
The planet weaves a cruel fate for men... Children are always the first to suffer... Geostigma,Genova,Reunion... Children who have lost hope... Respite for the Soul... And so he takes sword in hand once again...

phaith

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2005, 10:40:22 pm »
Seriously, there was absolutely no way they could've incorporated the entire anime into 2 hrs so i'm guessing that the movie is merely based on the anime? Watched the movie in the theatres (i understand chinese) and it isn't all that bad if you ignore the difference in plot/character etc. In fact... i quite liked the movie (its funnier than the anime... less serious... guessing that's why they turned Bunta into a drunk...)

mark

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2005, 03:13:26 am »
I found a dvd screener of the movie. It's in mandarin and has english subs. The subs aren't that good though.

http://www.newtorrents.info/index.php?id=3121

Offline bullz97

• n00b Hero
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2005, 06:12:09 am »
oh yeah, that torrent works. So do the other two that are on isohunt. The difference is that they don't come with a backdoored ftp client... But  thanx, and yes the other two both have english subs. I thought the live action was murder to the original plot. The ending made me sick.

Kirin

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2005, 04:56:44 pm »
um how do i play the torrent previously listed the dino-initiald one ..playing it on vlc video works fine but can't get the subs to work..

Offline Elchfaenger

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2005, 01:33:47 am »
just copy the *.srt file in the same directory as the avi. then activate it in the video menu. you won't need the other files.
but the sub is really bad. nowhere near a L-E sub.
anyhow the movie is a real disillusion. I wouldn't mind the changed story, but some details suck, such as Itsuki (or his counterpart in the movie) is in fact driving the same car as takumi, just with a different sticker.
I'd say they had the opportunity to make a great movie, but blew it >:(
Speed doesn't kill - its the sudden stop that hurts!

kanseidrifter

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2005, 11:17:47 am »
Well, I watched this movie in Hong Kong and that version had English and Chinese subtitles.  I guess you have to pick up the Hong Kong DVD when it comes out for GOOD and ACCURATE english subtitles.   The real dialogue is in cantonese, not mandarin.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 11:19:32 am by kanseidrifter »

rycexb0i

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2005, 06:33:59 am »
alright guys.  I've seen the IDLA movie in hong kong about a few days after it came out.  I can verify what kanseidrifter said about it having chinese and english subtitles and the original dialogue in Cantonese not Mandarin.  But like most movies, they are normally not as good as what they are based on i.e. books or in this case a tv series.

p.s. - the subs were quite good.

Offline tinlunlau

• n00b Hero
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2005, 06:45:11 am »
the dvd is officially slated for release as 2 disc dvd set and UMD on August 18th.

Coming in mid-August. (pre-release resevations ends at August 15th)

DVD Contents:
Disc 1
- Anamorphic Widescreen (2:35.1)
- DTS-es 6.1
- Cantonese ((dts-es, dd5.1), mandarin dd5.1)
- Simplified and Traditional Chinese subtitles, and English subs.

Disc 2 (over 60 minutes worth)
- Making of, on-set footage and interviews
- Deleted scenes, NG Footage
- Drifting demo in Shanghai
- Press conference in Japan
- Photo Gallery

(NOTE: Also coming to UMD for PSP)

click for more details
« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 06:54:19 am by tinlunlau »

angelan

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2005, 02:53:38 pm »

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2005, 03:15:44 pm »
The fact the official DVD has english subtitles means we will NOT be subbing the ID live action movie. Please support the film makers by buying the official DVD.

Anyhow...it's only $13.49 from YesAsia so if you're a big Initial D fan and don't wanna spend the cash for something that cheap well......:/

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline Mad_Ijet

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2005, 06:48:29 pm »
LE don't subbed it......! Why? cuz the Initial D Live Action is sucks to me >:(. I didn't watch it yet but, I'v seen their website, read the preview and heard from other ID fans, and the storyline is different from mangas and animes. So it's not INITIAL D for me....! It's a something weird movie using the INITIAL D title to popular the actor/actress.

Maybe HK movie director don't have any idea for their new movie, so they take the name of INITIAL D and change a little storyline (for them a little matter, for me it's a big matter) then released it. Maybe they changed the storyline cuz they don't wanna get sued from Shuichi Shigeno? It's seems like they butchered the INITIAL D
« Last Edit: September 09, 2005, 06:54:07 pm by Mad_Ijet »

Offline Shenanigans

• n00b Hero
  • I'm full of it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2005, 08:19:40 pm »
* Shenanigans feeds the troll.

LE don't subbed it......!

good thing they dont need to because the *legal* hk dvd has english subtitles.  and if you did not catch it they stated this in the post immediately prior to yours.

I didn't watch it yet but

then how can you comment on/about it!

*sigh*

i normally stay out of these things, but this one really required a response.

--
shen

Offline tinlunlau

• n00b Hero
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2005, 06:00:07 am »
LE don't subbed it......! Why? cuz the Initial D Live Action is sucks to me >:(. I didn't watch it yet but, I'v seen their website, read the preview and heard from other ID fans, and the storyline is different from mangas and animes. So it's not INITIAL D for me....! It's a something weird movie using the INITIAL D title to popular the actor/actress.

Maybe HK movie director don't have any idea for their new movie, so they take the name of INITIAL D and change a little storyline (for them a little matter, for me it's a big matter) then released it. Maybe they changed the storyline cuz they don't wanna get sued from Shuichi Shigeno? It's seems like they butchered the INITIAL D

do you seek flames before bedtime?
maybe you should actually watch th emovie before you deserve to have a say about it in the first place?

::)