Author Topic: Initial D Live Action  (Read 34824 times)

EmperorX

Initial D Live Action
« on: July 02, 2005, 04:47:16 pm »
I was just wondering it LIVE-EVIL were going to be doing the Initial D Live Action Movie as one of there projects, since they do such a good job at the Anime

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
Re: Initial D Live Action
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2005, 08:25:22 pm »
Firstly can you urr resize your avator please ? ^_^

Secondly and I will say this in big letters

THERE ARE NO PLANS AT THIS TIME TO SUB THE LIVE ACTION MOVIE.

It would for the most part depend on the official Chinese release. Some of the chinese movies have english subtitles. If it turns out the official chinese release has english subtitles and this is just *my* opinion though I think there would be a reluctance to fansub it and instead we would encourage you to get the official release.

If a decision was taken to subtitle the Live action movie I would doubt that we would announce that we are subbing it before the movie is actually released due to the intense scrutiny / pressue that it would incur from the Initial D fandom "Is it done yet" type questions would be aboud. So my personal hunch is the first thing you would know of our intention to sub it would be a torrent.

As for whether we sub the original Chinese or the Japanese version, this again would be up for debate. It would be up to our Initial D translator whether or not he wanted to translate the Japanese dub of the movie HOWEVER it might not be as accurate as subtitling the original chinese version as some of the details would have been lost in the dubbing.

If we decided to sub the chinese version of the movie again this would be dependant on finding a Chinese to English translator who could accurately translate all of the car terminology in to English. Initial D at times can be very technical so any potential translator would have to be able to demonstrate fluency in car related terms in both Chinese and English and preferably KNOW about cars too to ensure that the best quality translation was done.

However to cut a long story short, the answer to your question is - we haven't decided yet and there are a few issues to work through if we did decide to do it.

Regards

gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

MistaCloudStrife

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2005, 02:31:27 pm »
I've confirmed the release of the IDLA movie has many subtitles but NOT english... I suppose Enhlish subs will be added to the DVD release of it... But even then, you'd most likely have to import it...

If anyone would want a link to the raws... feel free to PM me and I'll send a link your way..

Although I would not recommend this movie to any Initial D fan... Even though I didn't understand a thing.. It's pretty obvious this movie sucked....

*movie spoilers*

Keisuke is now pretty much replaced by Nakazato... Even though he's supposed to be form another crew...

Bunta is now a Drunk instead of the Drift King...

For some reason a girl is now working at the Gas station... o.O Odd...

And many more things that I don't feel like pointing out...

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2005, 04:29:54 pm »
http://www.yesasia.com

They have a US based website with free shipping. They pretty much carry all of the latest Chinese and Hong Kong movies so it would be VERY easy to buy the Initial D Movie if the DVD release had english subs on it AND some of the prices are ridiculously low too o.O.

Oh and dont forget about the free shipping offer too XD. Oh and before anyone says Yesaisa is a bootlegger or such like and not to be trusted nearly ALL my Japanese Region 2's have come from then and they have all been the legit deal and never apart from once case ever had any trouble getting them delivered.

Regards

gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Supra_Saiyan

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2005, 01:43:42 am »
i speak cantonese yay!

Offline GooWakJai

• Condor Hero
  • I am Young and Dangerous (uh huh;)
    • View Profile
    • My World
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2005, 12:18:57 am »
Ok, I found a BT file for Initial D live action movie.  Im not so sure if this is the right movie (cuz ppl fake stuff sumtimes) so im tryin to DL it and see.  Wat I know is that this is probably a very very BAd verison of the movie cuz it could be boot-leg and the file is only 480 MB. Movies are usually @ the least 700 MB.  So i wonder...... But n e ways the file was released on the 3rd of July so thats y im 50% sure this could be the movie.  I mean com on now.... ppl in china do boot-legs I know it well  ;D  Aite well wait for the good news.  or bad........
Scars of the Past.  Memories of Pain

Offline tinlunlau

• n00b Hero
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2005, 01:30:01 am »
the legit dvd will be so easy to find in chinatown dvd retail stores and most likely, it'll be an all-region dvd.  don't ask about whether or not it'll be bootleg, it's so easy to distinguish the legit dvd's to bootlegs.  hong kong dvd distributors are very package-saavy, you've got to be color-blind if you can't distinguish them.

most likely, it'll be a 2 disc set.  Megastar will be releasing the DVD in Hong Kong (as they've always done for films produced by Media Asia) and they've had produced alot of solid quality DVD's. 

Japanese dvd will take a while to release because the film is releasing in Japan on September.  i'm sure the dvd will come out in hong kong by then.

poisonfruitloops

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2005, 03:59:44 am »

I've confirmed the release of the IDLA movie has many subtitles but NOT english... I suppose Enhlish subs will be added to the DVD release of it... But even then, you'd most likely have to import it...

If anyone would want a link to the raws... feel free to PM me and I'll send a link your way..

Although I would not recommend this movie to any Initial D fan... Even though I didn't understand a thing.. It's pretty obvious this movie sucked....

*movie spoilers*

Keisuke is now pretty much replaced by Nakazato... Even though he's supposed to be form another crew...

Bunta is now a Drunk instead of the Drift King...

For some reason a girl is now working at the Gas station... o.O Odd...

And many more things that I don't feel like pointing out...

They did release it with english subs. In australia they had them :)

drifterintraining

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2005, 06:41:34 am »
does anyone have a link to an online vendor that has the live action DVD?

Offline GooWakJai

• Condor Hero
  • I am Young and Dangerous (uh huh;)
    • View Profile
    • My World
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2005, 08:00:30 am »
I got it! found a bt for it, the problem is that it is in Manderin  :(  I only know cantonese! >.<  and the quality wasn't that bad either....
Scars of the Past.  Memories of Pain

EmperorX

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2005, 05:20:28 pm »
i think i  found a good version of the movie with english subs
downloading it at the moment

http://*****

[edit]moderator : someone report this link as a virus[/edit]
« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 01:07:00 am by mikala »

Offline dark-arrow

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2005, 11:49:14 pm »
the link doesn't work!!!! Is it normal?? :-\

Offline Shenanigans

• n00b Hero
  • I'm full of it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2005, 06:21:53 am »
i think i found a good version of the movie with english subs
downloading it at the moment

http://i*******

downloaded the torrent file and attempted to launch it from my desktop.  bit tornado returned the following error:

got bad file info - path .ioFTPD disallowed for security reasons

you sure this one works?

--
shen
[Edit] removing the link[/edit]
« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 01:07:35 am by mikala »

Offline bullz97

• n00b Hero
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2005, 07:03:04 am »
ioFTPD is an lightweight ftp client... this torrent is probably set up to allow them to upload and download anything they want from your computer when they run it. Sort of like a backdoor trojan. Isohunt needs to remove it, but i'm so freaking proud that bittorrent rejected it.

EmperorX

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2005, 03:56:37 pm »
the torrent works
i downloaded it
dvd screener with english subs
go to **** and type in initial d
download
[*****] Dino-Initiald
« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 01:08:23 am by mikala »