Author Topic: Initial D Arcade Glitch  (Read 12531 times)

Offline Raven_03

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Initial D Arcade Glitch
« on: September 20, 2005, 12:17:01 am »
I've heard some rumors regarding the Mazda RX-7 Type-R (FD3S) in Irohazaka.
They said that there's a glitch if you pull of the 1st shortcut jump there. They say that if you pull it off right you will "fly" or "hover" so you wont need to do the hard things. you just turn easy while your opponent is drifting hard. Has anyone have done this w/ other cars or can you do this? I know its possible but hard to understand.

Sorry admin to Accidentaly posted this thing in the wrong sec.
our strength is shown in the things we stand for
our weakness is shown in the things we fall for...

Offline Tuga-san

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Initial D Arcade Glitch
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 07:56:34 am »
From what I remember this 'glitch' can occur with many cars however it is the most noticable with the FD(since it can jump the 'longest').  What happens is when you get to the jumps with an opponent, you can land on top of their car while doing the jump, however you will appear to remain in a elevated state.  While "on top" of their car you head into the next hairpin without without touching the ground.  From here on, you can do the remainder of the hairpin jumps without even touching the ground without the use of your opponent,,, and for the rest of the level you will be a few inches off the ground.  I doubt this has any effect when it comes down to speed, it's like you are still driving driving on asphalt, but instead you are in the air.

Offline GooWakJai

• Condor Hero
  • I am Young and Dangerous (uh huh;)
    • View Profile
    • My World
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 07:41:49 am »
y'know I think it occured to me but I wasn't aware if it was "flyin" or hovering"  it just seemed like my FD just went down pretty slow and it kinda seemed like hoverin for bout 1 sec?  not sure
Scars of the Past.  Memories of Pain

Offline Raven_03

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2005, 12:38:01 pm »
Holy CRAP!!!!!! i did it!!!! it was like.. WOW! when i jumped on the 4th corner after the 2nd checkp. if you do it right with the right amt of speed it actually works! its like this.. after u jump.. ofcourse you fly.. but you'll fly until u reach the next turn.. even ur still in the air try to turn obviously you will and if you try to go on the jump line again .. haha u will fly again! thats how it works its so clever that it seems retarded!!!!  ;D damn i made 500m gap with my friend who has a wrx imprezza(bunta mob.)  ;D
our strength is shown in the things we stand for
our weakness is shown in the things we fall for...

logan_phoenix

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 02:58:43 am »
yeah i think I also pulled it off on Special Stage. I noticed that I was way in the air and I blazed through the turns. ( I did it with an FC, an FD and my EVO III)

Offline Silenced_Neko

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2005, 03:45:18 am »
This is good and all, but the glitch can also slow you down if you try drifting into it, because you're losing speed... and you're going to be at that speed for a while without a ground patch to accel on...

But this shouldn't be so surprising or incorperated into a technique because everyone uses the shortcut nowadays... Don't get your hopes up to float all the way through each jumping hairpin