Author Topic: Tsubasa Chronicle!  (Read 270642 times)

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
Tsubasa Chronicle!
« on: April 11, 2005, 04:35:19 pm »
We're going to be subtitling this show on a weekly basis, so keep coming back for more.

Any comments? ^^;

-Tofu
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.

Takako

Re: Tsubasa Chronicle!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 06:40:31 pm »
Just one.

I'm really quite pleased with your subbing job, but at about 13:50 (where I am currently paused), I did notice that you guys translated Fai's name as Fye.

I figure, that at least to keep in step with the manga, you should probably keep his name as Fai D. Flowright.

If you guys haven't already checked out the manga put out by Del-Rey, it'd probably be a good idea, just so you can keep semblance.

I'll let you know if there's more when I finish it. Good job otherwise so far!

cherryflavoredlily

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 07:05:44 pm »
Eh screw Del Rey, Fye is the way it's most commonly been translated by fans so that's probably why they used it. The pronunciation is really the same either way but Fye has a better taste to it than Fai which is an unimaginative direct romanization if memory serves (I think it's fu-ai but it might be fae in katakana).

I signed up just to say that simply because I think the Del-Rey editions of everything they do really suck. And I'll never post again.

Cheers,
Cherry

Takako

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2005, 07:16:18 pm »
That's not really fair, considering that many of the fans will have only known the Del-Rey--which really isn't so bad, but I've then never really liked scanlations much--and feel a bit odd with the changings of some things. However, it's up to DB & L-E, and if they want to go the fan way of doing things, that's fine, or they could go the "official" way. It doesn't really matter, but personally I'd prefer the latter.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2005, 07:17:27 pm by Takako »

RyougaZell

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2005, 09:39:28 pm »
"Official" way you say?
Who says Del-Rey is the "official". As far as I know Fye is the official one.
And Del-Rey keeps changing everything. Ever read Mahou Sensei Negima? The dialogue was 100% screwed.
And yes, many fans only know the Del Rey version, but alas, about 10% of the total fans of Tsubasa are like this. I myself downloaded the scans first, then when I decided to get the actual manga I found it very bad.
Oh well... currently downloading the episode.

Thnks a lot for Live-Evil for this fansub! Can't wait to see it at last, heh

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2005, 09:53:13 pm »
See, we thought about these things... We didn't want to blindly follow the manga, else we'd be using "Space-Time Witch" which doesn't only sound lame, it's a mistranslation! That is why we opted for Fye :)

-Tofu
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.

Takako

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2005, 10:37:53 pm »
Well, sorry. If I hadn't read the manga, or didn't hate scans so much--defeats the purpose of books when you have to sit in front of the screen to read it--, it wouldn't bother me, I'm sure. But as it is, it's different, and even though it's only said twice in the entire episode, it's just weird.

But whatever, it's up to you. That's the main point.

Offline Duke

• n00b Hero
  • The Successor of Ry Takahashi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2005, 11:45:57 pm »
Alright! Another good series to sub! You guys rock!!! Your the Best!!!
Leader of Racing Team OniInitial D Arcade Stage Ver.3Main Car - Mazda RX-7 Infinity III

RyougaZell

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2005, 12:51:30 am »
Takako... do you even understand what you are asking for?
You want Live-evil to use the AMERICAN name given to Fye, not the CLAMP one.

Imagine this... its like you asked fansubbers to use "Evil Eye" instead of Byakugan in Naruto, just cause Viz named it that way.

*still downloading first ep, 20% progress T,T*

Nyaochan

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2005, 01:23:13 am »
I can't seem to get the file to play...x_x.  if I'm lacking a codec, I have no idea which I need...I have the latest version of XviD...

Maybe I'm just unlucky and the file got corrupted somehow both times I downloaded it...x_x.  It's crashed in every player I've tried to view it in.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

kenshin30

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2005, 02:26:34 am »
dl the k-lite mega codec pack at http://g4.edskes.com/k-lite/klmcodec125.exe

kenshin30

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2005, 02:29:07 am »
btw can anyone post a synopsis for this anime?

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2005, 02:32:40 am »

Offline hellbent

• Condor Hero
  • don't drift under the influence
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2005, 05:41:30 am »
wow, what a cool series. I decided to dl the first just for the heck or it, now I think I'll keep watching it. The music is stellar, reminds me of .Hack. keep up the good work L-E.
There are 2 things infinite.
Human stupidity and the Universe....Iam not sure about the universe.

Rejoicify

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2005, 05:47:18 am »
I can't get the file to work.  It killed both my DivX player and Windows Media Player. Oh, and Winamp.  I'm downloading that codec, so hopefully that'll work.

As far as the Fye and Fai debate up above, to me he'll always be Fye as that's how I first saw his name romanized.  Fai leads people to pronounce his name like "Faye" I think.  And with it being katakana, I really think it's up to the translator.  It's not like you don't know who they're talking about, so it doesn't really matter, does it?