Author Topic: Idol Densetsu Eriko - Anyone knows where I can get the music?  (Read 24297 times)

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
Hi guys,
There is a likelihood that Live Evil will be subbing Idol Densetsu Eriko in the future.  I just wanted to know if any of you knew where I can get the music.  I especially want download links.  I know the CDs came out in 1989...and it's kind of too late to ask for them..If any of you guys have the music, or know someone who has it can u please upload it for me or tell me any other ways to obtain it...that is if u are willing to help me.  Please guys, for the last 5 years my greatest melancholy has been not to be able to hear the audio from from this series. :'( :'( :'(

Thanx, Tsubasa :)
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline suzaku_nomiko

• Rakuen Hero
  • いとおしい人のために
    • View Profile
Re: Idol Densetsu Eriko - Anyone knows where I can get the music?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 05:31:24 pm »
Hi guys,
There is a likelihood that Live Evil will be subbing Idol Densetsu Eriko in the future.  I just wanted to know if any of you knew where I can get the music.  I especially want download links.  I know the CDs came out in 1989...and it's kind of too late to ask for them..If any of you guys have the music, or know someone who has it can u please upload it for me or tell me any other ways to obtain it...that is if u are willing to help me.  Please guys, for the last 5 years my greatest melancholy has been not to be able to hear the audio from from this series. :'( :'( :'(

Thanx, Tsubasa :)

As I posted in the other thread, after checking my normal sources, it seems it is long out of print. And 1989 far pre-dates the digital music,,, hell lets not dance around with the words here,  the digital piracy age a bit so chances of finding MP3s of it are rather small unless you goto Japanese music site like say on usenet and request someone post it, your chances of finding it are small.  :'(
-resident Cat Girl of Live-eviL
Timer, encoder,Noob-Typesetter ,GM, Keeper of the claws of death by Kawaii!
Yasashii yoru ni hitori utau uta. Asu wa kimi to utaou. Yume no tsubasa ni notte.

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 01:06:52 am »
Much of the music produced for Eriko (it was original at the time) went on to be used later on in other animes.  For instance the song in the first ep. was used in the Bubblegum Crisis OAV (the earlier 8-ep series, not the TV series).

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 03:25:58 pm »
Hmm, three years ago when I was new to dowloading music, I came across this site where they were running an mp3 rotation for this series.  They used to put up two songs at a time, and rotate it once in every few months.  That time 'Gloria' by Hashimoto Maiko, and 'Sukiyo' by Tamura Eriko was available for download and I downloaded them.  The mp3s were perfectly good, high quality 128kbps 44kHz Joint Stereo audio and I still listen to them.  But after that, they stoppped rotating   :(and although I kept going back to their site, they never changed the songs.   I'm not even sure if the server still has these two songs I downloaded.  But since just 3 years back I found such high quality Eriko mp3s, I was hoping...

And yeah I tried to contact the owner of the sight, but most probably he/she doesn't use the e-mail address provided anymore, cause I didn't get a reply.

I mean the series, although old, did come out on DVDs.  Plus just few years back, I read CDs for the music were still on sale.  And they still seem to be on sale...again I don't know the website, I guess Amazon?
So if there is still a chance....   
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 03:27:47 pm »

As I posted in the other thread, after checking my normal sources, it seems it is long out of print. And 1989 far pre-dates the digital music,,, hell lets not dance around with the words here,  the digital piracy age a bit so chances of finding MP3s of it are rather small unless you goto Japanese music site like say on usenet and request someone post it, your chances of finding it are small.  :'(

What's usenet? ???  Is the site in Japanese or is it English?  Can u tell me the full URL for the site? Do they let u download music for free? :o ;D

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006, 03:30:37 pm »
Much of the music produced for Eriko (it was original at the time) went on to be used later on in other animes.  For instance the song in the first ep. was used in the Bubblegum Crisis OAV (the earlier 8-ep series, not the TV series).

Bubblegum Crisis has no song produced for Eriko.  Maiko Hashimoto, the singer for Rei's songs, did 'Vision' for Bubblegum Crisis and a few others songs...as far as I know.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 05:01:49 pm by Tsubasa »

Offline Galen

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 02:30:11 am »
What's usenet? ???  Is the site in Japanese or is it English?  Can u tell me the full URL for the site? Do they let u download music for free? :o ;D

Usenet is a 2 terabyte per day feed running nttp instead of http protocols. It is not accessible via URL; it can be accessed through Outlook, but not Explorer (although Outlook really sucks for downloading binaries.) Most ISPs include NSP services as well without an additional charge, but there are also dedicated NSPs such as:
http://www.giganews.com/newsgroup_search.html?group=alt.binaries.sounds.anime&go=Find%3E

Google Groups used the non-binary section of Usenet as its core when they assimiliated Deja-com, which is why they have records of discussions going back to the 1980s.

Usenet is like a forum only bigger, with 30,000+ active groups; try reading the FAQ referenced here:
http://animeusenet.org/

-Galen

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2006, 12:53:59 pm »
Usenet is a 2 terabyte per day feed running nttp instead of http protocols. It is not accessible via URL; it can be accessed through Outlook, but not Explorer (although Outlook really sucks for downloading binaries.) Most ISPs include NSP services as well without an additional charge, but there are also dedicated NSPs such as:
http://www.giganews.com/newsgroup_search.html?group=alt.binaries.sounds.anime&go=Find%3E

Google Groups used the non-binary section of Usenet as its core when they assimiliated Deja-com, which is why they have records of discussions going back to the 1980s.

Usenet is like a forum only bigger, with 30,000+ active groups; try reading the FAQ referenced here:
http://animeusenet.org/

-Galen

What can I get for free?  Do I need to install any nttp clients or something?

Offline suzaku_nomiko

• Rakuen Hero
  • いとおしい人のために
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2006, 03:38:10 pm »
What can I get for free?  Do I need to install any nttp clients or something?

you need a good client

free agent is one of them.

http://support.planetc.com/text/agent.htm

but you also need access to these news groups
This is dependant on your ISP.
since some ISPs deem these groups shady they filter or block them out. other ISPs dont filter any of them.

You wont know for sure till you load up your usenet client and poll your news server for the list of groups.

-resident Cat Girl of Live-eviL
Timer, encoder,Noob-Typesetter ,GM, Keeper of the claws of death by Kawaii!
Yasashii yoru ni hitori utau uta. Asu wa kimi to utaou. Yume no tsubasa ni notte.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2006, 04:04:26 pm »
Also, a music video based on the series music was released.  It's title is 'Idol Densetsu Eriko: The Prelude'  If anyone has the DVD/VHS/LD for it, can you share it with us?  If you know where to get it, we would be glad if you could provide us the information. In either cases, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Offline mamochan

• Rakuen Hero
  • Ayukawa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2006, 09:59:43 pm »
Heh I have the music for eriko :P
*hides them from Tsubasa* :D
DVD Backlog: Galaxy Angel (all of them), GITS: SAC, Juuni Kokki, Last Exile, Master Keaton, Rurouni Kenshin TV, Saber Marionette J, Saber Marionette J Again, Saber Marionette J to X, Slayers (The), Slayers Next, Slayers Try.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2006, 12:21:55 am »
Anyone has the lyrics for the songs, even if not the song itself?  If you do, please don't hesitate to contact me.

The lyrics for the following songs are mostly needed:
Honki
May be Dream
Process
Garnet Densetsu
Next
Tsuretette
Soyokaze no Prologue
Watashi wa Soyokaze

All of them were sung by Eriko Tamura and are some of my most favorite songs.  If you have them on CD, mp3s, vorbis, etc.  and/or especially if you can provide the official lyrics, please contribute.  :) Your contribution will be truly appreciated. :D

SWEET MAMO-CHAN CONTRIBUTED THE OTHER SONGS FROM THE SERIES THAT ARE NOT ON THE LIST.  NOW I CAN GET THE LYRICS FROM LISTENING TO THEM. YUPPY! :D
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 09:24:16 am by Tsubasa »

Offline doink-chan

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2006, 04:42:08 am »
I don't have the lyrics for most of those songs...But I do have mp3s of some Idol Densetsu Eriko CDs - I have OST 2, OST 3, Best Hit Vocal, and Tamura Eriko's album "Myself". doinkies got these from a nice doink on IRC, in the #nipponsei channel, who has a lot of rare anime mp3s. If there are still some songs you're missing, please PM me. ^^ Also, Mamo-chan, could you send me the mp3s to "May be Dream", "Tsurete tte", "Watashi wa Soyokaze", "Process", and the other songs that are not on the CDs that I have? Thanks. ^^

And I really hope that L-E does get to do Idol Densetsu Eriko in the future! I really like anime and manga about singing/idols/show business in general, and so I'm interested in seeing this series.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 04:59:11 am by doink-chan »

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
Gosh, this thread is really bearing fruits.  Doink-chan was kind enough to provide me with the songs in the myself CD and now my list has reduced to:

May be Dream
Process
Tsuretette
Watashi wa Soyokaze

So people talk to your friends and for those of you who can use usenet (my computer does cannot work with Japanese characters properly), I'd really appreciate it if you would look for me there too.  That is, if you have the time and are willing to help.

In this list though, the song I require the most is MAY BE DREAM (which was released in a CD called 'Ballad' in 1994 and originally in a CD by the name of the song 'May be Dream' sometime in 1989/1990).

This song is one of the most important songs in the series.

I can't tell you the reason because it's a spolier.  But for those of you who have watched the anime, you know what I mean, don't you?  ;)

Hopefully this thread will bear us more songs in the days to come. ;D

Thanks for reading this thread. :)

-Tsubasa :)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 04:55:20 pm by Tsubasa »

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2006, 08:51:38 pm »
Okay, for the last 2 weeks or so, I've doing a lot of research about the music and I also spend a night or two sending e-mails to all the mp3 request sites we have on the web that with Eriko music in their music list.  So I was able to get my most wanted 'May be Dream'...finally!  :D (Whew!)

Does anyone have the song 'Tsuretette' from this series?  Or does anyone know where I can get it from?

If you guys can help, please pm me or leave a post here.
Or you may contact me through e-mail:

tsubasa@live-evil.org

Thanks
-Tsubasa

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2006, 11:06:38 pm »
Well well,
Ladies and gentlemen, I'm happy to say that my quest for Eriko music has ended today and I am now in possession of ALL the songs in this series.  In other words, I've managed to collect all 24 songs from the series!

I don't know know how to use any other p2p sharing program than BT so it was rather hard...I spend two weeks doing deep search on mp3 request sites, and sending lots of mails, and a very generous mp3 request site host helped me to complete my mission.

Mamo-chan was the initiation for me.  He was the first one who responded to my thread.  Ever since I got the Eriko mp3s from him, by confidence began to build up and I seriously became determined about setting a goal for myself...COLEECT ALL ERIKO SONGS!

Here is my credit list for those who contributed the songs :D:

Mamo-chan (L-E staff)
Namida no Hanbun
Locomotion Dream
Unchained Heart
True Love
My Song for You
Precious Days
Warrior
Blue Moon ni Terasarete
Midnight City
Rolling Night
Sayonara no Natsu
Ame no Highway
Bay-side Junction
(ALL THE SONGS IN THE BEST OF OST)

Doink-chan (L-E Forum member)
NEXT
Honki
Garnet Densetsu
Soyokaze no Prologue

Solidus (mp3 request site host)
May be Dream
Watashi wa Soyokaze
Process
Tsuretette

I sincerely thank all these three very generous people listed above from the bottom of my heart.  Only I know how long I've looking for Eriko music.  Gold bless them!

Tsubasa

So, as the purpose of this thread has been fulfilled, this thread will be locked.^ ^

I'm not distributing these mp3s as I originally didn't own them, if you want any of the songs please contact the people who contributed.

-Tsubasa