Author Topic: Kyou Kara Maou!  (Read 60641 times)

Offline Vash

• Rakuen Hero
  • Love an Peace
    • View Profile
Re: Kyou Kara Maou!
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2004, 10:32:34 pm »
I got acouple things to say to RP.

1st thing RELAX take it easy.
Dont get all stressed out about 1 thing here.

2nd its seems u dont understand what Team means with this joint.
Its were we all help each other to get this ep out in good quality.
I believe that having yourself and tofu work on was pretty good. 2 transaltors.
Tofu is a very good translator so if something was missed I believe he would of picked it up.

Also with u saying that everybody should listen to you doesnt work.
You should learn some stuff from live-evil.
Yes translators are the soul to the group but if u dont have no heart then what are u doing.
The rest of the team gives u that heart so u can stay alive. At l-e we have awesome staff members and we see each other as equals.
With that we work good as a team.

You made this blow up  way too much.
Do alittle growning up in life and see what the real world is like and understand that your not the only person out there.

Thanks for you time
Vash
Vash XD

Offline crypticgimp

• Death God Hero
  • wOOt
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2004, 04:51:49 am »
i am going to agree with vash.

rp you act like a five your old who has just gotten a toy stolen from her.  are you like this with every aspect of life?  will you act like this when things don't go your way?

i know i am only a Qcer, which makes me low on the todem pole, but everyday i see how these guys work; and they work HARD.  

so again, do some growing up, as chicky you have ALOT to learn if you make such a fuss over something so trivial.  

i like this show and hope it continues, but it's petty things like this that piss me off, and are the reason why things don't get done.

l
"Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
I AM queen of underwire!

Offline crypticgimp

• Death God Hero
  • wOOt
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2004, 04:57:20 am »
ignore the your = year -_-
"Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
I AM queen of underwire!

rp

« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2004, 05:14:29 am »
TheWind: Thanks a lot for your input. ^_^

Everyone else: shut it. It's trivial to you, but not to me. I put a lot of work into my stuff, and having it changed as if it didn't matter is very insulting to me. You don't know me, you don't know the situation, so shove off.

I don't say everyone should listen to me. I say, if you want me to stick around, then do what I tell you, or at least argue without being a complete jerk. Considering ALL I'm asking for is that if changes are made, that I be told, BEFORE it's encoded, I don't even know why Tofu is bothering to argue about it. It's a matter of respect. You don't repaint a painting you were given to sell before you sell it. It's the same basic idea. You don't change a script you were given to encode. What's the problem?

I don't care if Tofu's a good TL. I'm sure he is. That's not the fobbing point. The point is that he didn't TELL me.

I work fine within S-Ai. They're equal. But I don't know L-E. I wasn't told I'd have to work with L-E. L-E is being a jerk to me. Why should I get along?

f you can't even understand what I'm getting at here, you haven't any right to berate me. I'm sorry you don't have anything that you value enough that you'd get mad if it was changed without your knowledge. If this keeps up I'll just leave and everyone will be happier. All right?

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2004, 05:21:59 am »
I just think that you should realize that with joint projects some compromises need to made to satisfy both groups and their different standards. It seems you are unable to compromise. You're just lucky I'm easy-going and don't mind so much :D

-Tofu
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.

rp

« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2004, 06:49:18 am »
of course not. i hate joints. i wouldn't be doing this if i'd known it was a joint. therefore i expect you to listen, and if you won't, then i'll leave. so make your choice. my demand is not compromisable, ever, by anybody. period. the instant i write out that script, it's copyright to me, and i can demand whatever i want in regards to it. i would've hoped you'd have enough manners to not touch it anyway.

so... make your choice. there's really no point in arguing about this.

Tromouji

« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2004, 09:57:20 am »
/me wades through the dirty laundry.

OK, calm down, smile(s) all around, or else everyone's gonna get dropped to the farm leagues.

It's not unreasonable for people who are editing or doing quality control to expect they can make changes to the script (or else, what's the point of having editors or qc?).

It's not unreasonable for the translator to want the opportunity to check those edits.

Simple enough, no reason for name-calling.  Be more patient, espeically in a joint-project where people aren't yet used to working together.  Everyone's a veteran fansubber here and there is really no reason to be having this problem.   Or making such a big deal.

Now that everyone's made their req's clear, setup the process appropriately.

--  Tep

« Last Edit: April 21, 2004, 09:59:26 am by Tromouji »

Offline Vash

• Rakuen Hero
  • Love an Peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2004, 10:02:32 am »
Tromouji is correct.

Am a editor.
I have seen lines that need to add something or delete something to make the sentance sound right.

I said enough before but I do agree about the editing and qc cause I do both.

Thanks

Vash
Vash XD

Tromouji

« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2004, 10:10:49 am »

Am a editor.

Vash

Vash be good editor :P

oceanizer

« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2004, 10:50:37 am »
I think both need to change the attitude a bit.

Since L-E and S-Ai is not same group, you need to have some respect to each other. If it's within the group, it might be ok to change the translations without telling. That's totally up to the group's atomosphere. But then if it's a project done in joint, it's a different story. For example, if you work at company, you cannot change the other company's stuff without telling them, right? It's kind of rude. (On the contrast, if it's within the company, it might not be that big of problem.) At least somebody could've tell the translator that script has been modified prior to the release. (Even one line of email is better than nothing.)

For the second, I told this to rp already, but having a bad temper just doesn't work. She says it's not paid work, so she expects a bit more (or something similar) and she's not getting the respect, so she's having a bad temper and stuff, but you cannot just change your attitude so quickly when you start getting paid at work (in the future, when she grows up). Same deal, have some respect... Be nice to others.

Please excuse me for butting in even though I'm an outsider...

ps. By the way, Demn, thanks for telling me that I had licensed material. Didn't notice that. (And one of them was even from my own group. What a shame.) I hope I deleted everything licensed now. ...Now please unban me? (Or do I have to just wait?)

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2004, 03:55:44 pm »
I think both need to change the attitude a bit.

Since L-E and S-Ai is not same group, you need to have some respect to each other. If it's within the group, it might be ok to change the translations without telling. That's totally up to the group's atomosphere. But then if it's a project done in joint, it's a different story. For example, if you work at company, you cannot change the other company's stuff without telling them, right? It's kind of rude. (On the contrast, if it's within the company, it might not be that big of problem.) At least somebody could've tell the translator that script has been modified prior to the release. (Even one line of email is better than nothing.)

For the second, I told this to rp already, but having a bad temper just doesn't work. She says it's not paid work, so she expects a bit more (or something similar) and she's not getting the respect, so she's having a bad temper and stuff, but you cannot just change your attitude so quickly when you start getting paid at work (in the future, when she grows up). Same deal, have some respect... Be nice to others.

I am not trying to be argumentative, but I guess we do have a fundamental difference in philosophy here. I see it that as a joint project you have to give up that usual "what I say goes" attitude that maybe flies in your group in the name of compromise. Cause what is a joint project really? Nothing but one big compromise. In a joint one should expect that both sides have equal say in the project and if one side wants to make changes that they feel improve it they should have the right to do so without hassle from the other side. I am speaking in general terms here.

Going with this line of logic, one side should most definitely have the right to fix ERRORS or make improvements to the translation without the need to get prior authorization. For the record if I make changes to the fundamental translation I did and will make the translator aware of it, but asking to wait around to get these changes authorized ahead of time is asking for a bit much.

That's all I was asking for, that tiny bit of freedom to be allowed to make improvements if they're needed. And that's where this entire argument started from.

rp, I've been saying all along I intended no harm and meant to malice in what I did. You have to admit that some changes I made were beneficial and some were not, but it's that tiny bit of trust that I have been asking for. I wonder if you realize that your attitude and level of demand for control over the changes is far from normal (it's rather abnormal.) And likewise I was taken by surprise when you reacted the way you did. You say you want to be a professional translator some day so it might be a good lesson to learn to accept changes done to your translation because you better believe they are going to butcher it far worse than I could ever do. ^^;

-Tofu
« Last Edit: April 21, 2004, 04:04:01 pm by Tofusensei »

Saya

« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2004, 04:45:57 pm »
Oh dears, could you please stop debating that stuff in here?!
This is just not the right place!  :-/

Actually, I wanted to post something about the names, too, but TheWind was faster.  ;)

I mainly agree with her but I want to offer some alternatives:
Cecilie can also be written as Zaezilie of Caecilie in German, but I guess Cecilie just looks best.
If you have problems with the "ü" in Günther you can also write Guenther.

And I have one question about episode 2:
These water dragons that appeared during the battle formed a kanji, I guess. Which kanji was that and what does it mean?

Despite your internal problems at the moment you are doing a really good job with that show. So please keep it up, would you?

P.S.
@TheWind: Hi! Bist du vielleicht die "TheWind" aus dem Comicforum?  :D

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2004, 05:53:16 pm »
Oh dears, could you please stop debating that stuff in here?!
This is just not the right place!  :-/

But we just love to hang up our dirty laundry for everyone to see :D

Besides, the forum hasn't been this active in a while, hehe!

[07:49] <Tofusensei> ever since that argument on the l-e forum w/ rp
[07:50] <Tofusensei> the forum has been a lot more active
[07:50] <Tofusensei> :D

^^;

-Tofu

TheWind

« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2004, 08:06:43 pm »
@Saya: Yep, genau die bin ich. Und du bist....Vampire Saya?

Hey, if you wanted to suggest names too, you could have a look at the ones I'm unsure about!

I was thinking about suggesting Cäcilie/Zäzilie too, but I just thought Cecilie looked better....
And I don't think they'd have problems with the "ü", even if it's not on your keyboard, you can always use ascii code.... (correct me if I'm wrong! :))

And of course I'm faster, I'm the wind after all....ok, bad joke. But you where faster with the water kanji question, I was wondering about that too....

oceanizer

« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2004, 10:35:14 pm »
Tofu ^^
[07:49] <Tofusensei> ever since that argument on the l-e forum w/ rp
[07:50] <Tofusensei> the forum has been a lot more active

That's cute of you ^^

For the record if I make changes to the fundamental translation I did and will make the translator aware of it, but asking to wait around to get these changes authorized ahead of time is asking for a bit much.

I'm saying you could at least shoot an email (correct expression? learning English here.) to rp even after modifying her translation. It's so bad that she finds it out from watching the released version.

You say you want to be a professional translator some day so it might be a good lesson to learn to accept changes done to your translation because you better believe they are going to butcher it far worse than I could ever do. ^^;

But I'm sure you'll have a chance to read the proofed version of the translation. (That's how my group works.) And that's important, because sometimes proofers changes the context entirely.

These water dragons that appeared during the battle formed a kanji, I guess. Which kanji was that and what does it mean?

It was "Seigi" (&#27491;&#32681;) and it means righteousness, justice.
[edit] Eh... Japanese character didn't show... Want to change the chartype to UTF-8...?

even if it's not on your keyboard, you can always use ascii code....

You can use Alt+0252 to type this character.

There will be a new name in newer episode (I think, saw it on the website). It is "A ni shi na" in Roman characters. How would you spell it?

@The Wind & Saya: Wo ist das Comicforum? Ich will es sehen! Ich lerne Deutsch!! (Eh, I'm forgetting my German. Terrible...  :'()
« Last Edit: April 21, 2004, 11:09:50 pm by oceanizer »