Author Topic: Kyou Kara Maou!  (Read 60784 times)

Offline crypticgimp

• Death God Hero
  • wOOt
    • View Profile
Re: Kyou Kara Maou!
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2004, 01:19:36 am »
>>of course what i say goes, i'm pretty much the leader, and  i know the most JP in the group. -_-; and duh this is charity work, translators get NOTHING out of fansubbing. we can always just watch the raws. so take your pissy little comments and shove them. :3

who do you think you are? God? No, what you say DOESN'T go.  You made mistakes in the translation, accept that and humble yourself and say "Sorry" and move on.  stop acting like a little girl and grow up.  you do get something out of fansubbing: a power trip.

>>i was not told that this would be a joint when Kyo asked me to do it.

>>I just would like to rectify that a bit, I think that translators do get something out of it or they wouldn't be doing it.

I do this almost purely because Kyo begs, and i want my group to have a popular show. and the show amuses me. and this is an easy way to get raws. it also improves my TL ability a bit, but i can always go elsewhere for that. so yes, this is charity. why are you making such a fuss over the truth? being charity doesn't make it be worthless. o.O

oh, poor you.  your arm was twisted and someone dragged you through the wringer to do the joint.  so much for your charity work.  what, you think because you begrudgingly accepted to translate that we must now kiss your ass and prostrate before you as if you were some oriental despot?  all hail her majesty rp! for she is all wonderful and gracious and taking her precious homework time to help us poor commonors! by calling this "charity work" you have the wrong idea.  this is a labour of love.  we do this because we want to; and if, in some small way, we make other's lives a bit better, and relieve their boredom, then so be it. but without you this still goes on.  

>>ppl better listen to me because otherwise... i'll leave. it's very simple. i don't have the time to deal with people giving me a lot of BS over nothing. i translate for 5 groups, and have a good chunk of homework, so... if i don't like it, i'm not gonna stick around. get it?
really though, ALL i'm asking you to do is to not change the edited script w/o telling me and putting it on the dump. i really don't see why you're insisting on being an ass about it. i always thought it was normal good manners to tell the writer if you're changing stuff, but i guess not. my bad.

Nor do WE have time to deal with your bs.  leave then.  you only whore yourself around to so many groups for your own gain; getting raws, gaining experience etc.  No one needs to inform you beforehand of changes.  I ask again,Who do you think you are?"  changes are made all the time.  Even my QC changes/suggestions aren't followed and i don't find out until the show comes out.  So what?  Hubris is a very fatal thing, and if you dont watch it then you are a doomed girl.  ALL we are asking is that you humble yourself and not think your shit doesn't stink.  there is NO need whatsoever for you to make a scene like this. and, frankly, i think you are doing this because it gets you off.  you get a rush by being a bitch, and that's just not acceptable.

>>It makes me feel like "Why did I bother trying to help make it a better script in the first place?", you know?  

and then when you change stuff, it makes me feel lke "why did I translate this in the first place? obviously Tofu thinks he could do better because he changed it w/o even telling me." you know?

>>that you think your opinion's better than mine, and therefore you can do what you like. what gives?

again, why not accept that you made a mistake and that *maybe* someone else's opinion is better than yours.  NOONE is right everyday, all the time, 24/7 and the fact that you seem to think you are the end-all-be-all of japanese translating is a reflection of your immature character.  your attitude contradicts what you say.  you say you want to gain experience and learn more yet you act as if a stick is shoved up your ass when someone corrects your mistakes? am i missing something here?

i might act bitchy but i believe having my stuff changed w/o notification is very valid reason for being upset. you however, have no valid reason besides "wahh i got bitched at for changing something that was wrong."

no, you don't have a valid reason for being upset.  you made a mistake, it happens all the time.  what do you want us to kiss it for you to make it better?  do act this way when you break a nail?

the whole point i am trying to make is that you need to humble yourself.  you are NOT God.  you DO NOT know everything about translating.  and furthermore you need to change that attitude, quick.  and if you dont like the criticism, then leave and go do your homework.
"Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
I AM queen of underwire!

Offline Vash

• Rakuen Hero
  • Love an Peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2004, 01:54:40 am »
Ok I am gonna end this now cause I am getting sick and tired of this F@#k!@G crap.

This is want gonna happen.
We all go our own ways and go do our own business.
Were all wasting our time bitching at each other.
Yes I said comments from before.
But I see that this is going way way way to far.

Its in the past now so lets all go our own way and enjoy life.

Then the best of luck to everybody and hope that everything goes well in the future.

Thanks for your time.

Vash
Vash XD

Offline crypticgimp

• Death God Hero
  • wOOt
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2004, 01:58:11 am »
sorry vash.
this is the last time you will hear me speak on this forum on this subject.
I AM queen of underwire!

Tromouji

« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2004, 03:30:01 am »
I must say I'm impressed how much people would rather win an argument than fansub.

phantasia

« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2004, 03:43:43 am »

The rest of my suggestions…as I said, I had a look at the official website for the show, and I found the Japanese spelling of a few names there. Here's what I made of them:
(I can only read Kana, so I just put _ where there are Kanji)

Out of curiosity: are you learning japanese? And are there other german speaking people around? Maybe there's even someone else studying japanese as I do?:)

Looks like the author is using quite a lot of names of famous people here – can't think of anyone called "Weller" or "Bielefeld" at the moment, but they probably exist.

Bielefeld is a german city, ne? Maybe the author's not only using people's names... At first I was even thinking that it could be Adalbert von Graz (city in austria).

Konrad / Konrath Weller
Adalbert von Granz
Günther von Kleist
Wolfram von Bielefeld
Gwendall von Voltaire
Celli / Cecilie von Spitzweg
Stoff von Spitzweg

*grins* Oh yes, that sounds and looks german. *thumbs up* It would be great to see the german names written like this since it really looks/sounds as if the author wanted them to be german (exception IMO: Yuuri, since it really is a japanese name). :D
I only wouldn't use the ü in Günther since Gunter works just fine in german as well (and a lot of languages don't have ä/ö/ü). ;)

Weeee, thank you for fansubbing!!! :D *awaits next episode *

rp

« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2004, 09:41:49 am »
about the kanji... there was going to be a note, but apparently it was missed... meh. nobody's fault. thanks again for your help, TheWind.

cryptic: ::) i believe i said that if you can't understand what i'm getting at, you can't berate me. i say that because you can't argue against something you don't understand... ohwell. i'd tell you what you're misunderstanding except you probably wouldn't get it, and also you said you wouldn't post anymore, and this is getting ridiculous. not my problem if you won't read. and once again, i'm sorry that you don't have anything you value enough that you'd be upset if it was changed w/o your knowledge.

anyway don't think i'll swing by here anymore anyway, since the argument is getting nowhere and this is a waste of my time. ;D bye.

Offline Vash

• Rakuen Hero
  • Love an Peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2004, 12:50:47 pm »
Once again I will say this.

Read my present post that I did before.

THIS BS IS OVER WITH.

NO MORE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you

Vash
Vash XD

oceanizer

« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2004, 01:57:41 pm »
Sorry, it's kind of double post, but I thought my previous post is kind of ... buried within other posts... so...

There will be a new name in newer episode (I think, saw it on the website). It is "A ni shi na" in Roman characters. How would you spell it?

@The Wind & Saya: Wo ist das Comicforum? Ich will es sehen! Ich lerne Deutsch!! (Eh, I'm forgetting my German. Terrible...  :'()

Saya

« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2004, 05:12:06 pm »
@TheWind: Ja, die bin ich!  ;D

I'm currently using a US keyboard, and I hate using ascii code all the time so I'm just typing "ae", "ue" and "oe" instead.

There will be a new name in newer episode (I think, saw it on the website). It is "A ni shi na" in Roman characters. How would you spell it?

@The Wind & Saya: Wo ist das Comicforum? Ich will es sehen! Ich lerne Deutsch!! (Eh, I'm forgetting my German. Terrible...  :'()

"A ni shi na"? Hm, I'd have to hear it, can't say much about it. Doesn't sound German to me somehow.
There's a ice skater from Russia called "Anisina" or something like that ... no, they can't mean that!  ???

http://www.comicforum.de
You can find the boards of many German comic publishers (not only manga) there. It's actually really HUGE.
Have fun there!  ;D

Offline crypticgimp

• Death God Hero
  • wOOt
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2004, 06:54:53 pm »
Saya: about the kanji..I had asked in my QC report that it be translated but i guess no one did.  if you hadn't pointed it out i wouldnt have known.  but no biggie as there are others here who have given the answer to your question  ;D
I AM queen of underwire!

Saya

« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2004, 03:21:19 pm »
I guess it's time for episode 3 of KKM, isn't it? Are you guys still working on it?

I mean, if you tell me to shut up and be patient I'll do that right away!  ;)
I just want to know if you dropped that project or if you're having any problems.

Bangy

« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2004, 07:45:29 pm »
I dindt read all the posts, but I'm guessing the project's been dropped due to Vash's "it's all over" post.  I dunno why it got here in the first place, but damn, another good anime that I wont get to understand.  The RAWs are up to ep 5 already =/

and hi to anyone that remembers me from previous Condor posts, hehe.  It's been a while  :o

« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2004, 10:49:39 am »
I dindt read all the posts, but I'm guessing the project's been dropped due to Vash's "it's all over" post

http://www.envirosphere.com/groups.php?gs=27

::)

Offline mikala

• Rakuen Hero
  • i wanna be an hero :o
    • View Profile
    • Mikala's Blog
« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2004, 02:57:54 pm »
we'll see  ;D
Jabber ID : mikala@jabber.littleboboy.net

Saya