Author Topic: Initial D 4th Stage comments... - Archive Topic (Locked)  (Read 970184 times)

Offline Sun_Tze

• Condor Hero
  • Beware the eyebrow of doom!
    • View Profile
Re: Initial D 4th Stage comments...
« Reply #1140 on: March 22, 2005, 09:20:16 pm »

Opel sucks, really! And 303HP on that tiny little car is just crazy! Why not using the money and buyning another car, maybe one that is not mainly driven by housewifes?
Oh man, i really dont get it. Of all cars... a Corsa!

Correction, Opel doesn't suck. We have one here, and until now, we didn't have one problem with it (Opel Zafira). And the main reason for him using a Corsa, was that he had it falling apart, and it is an actual funny project to make. Come on, 3 of the strongest cars in HP in Portugal are small cars (Civic aka Boo!, Corsa Turbo and 205 Turbo).

And where is the Corsa driven by housewifes? Around here, the number of male Corsa drivers surpasses the female drivers. And oh, if Opel sucks, why 90% of driving schools here use Opel cars?

And Opel has the currect record for the fastest Minivan and fastest hothatch :P
« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 09:21:47 pm by Sun_Tze »
Something tells me where's not in Kansas anymore...

Offline Elchfaenger

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: March 22, 2005, 09:32:16 pm »
Ok, the newest opel cars are better, but the Corsa you talked about is the worst. I've never before driven a car that is so uncool! The engine is crap, weak, not revving, the cassis is unsafe and soft (believe me, i have seen SOME wrecked Corsas, sometimes only stripes of metal left), the quality of the whole car is just poor. The only good thing you might possibly find is the low price and the low fuel consumption. (Good for driving schools?)
Well, I dont want to offend anybody who is drinving an Opel, but choosing it to make it a race car doesnt make sense to me. There are far better cars as a platform.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 09:33:02 pm by Elchfaenger »
Speed doesn't kill - its the sudden stop that hurts!

Offline Sun_Tze

• Condor Hero
  • Beware the eyebrow of doom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: March 22, 2005, 09:49:02 pm »
Ok, the newest opel cars are better, but the Corsa you talked about is the worst. I've never before driven a car that is so uncool! The engine is crap, weak, not revving, the cassis is unsafe and soft (believe me, i have seen SOME wrecked Corsas, sometimes only stripes of metal left), the quality of the whole car is just poor. The only good thing you might possibly find is the low price and the low fuel consumption. (Good for driving schools?)
Well, I dont want to offend anybody who is drinving an Opel, but choosing it to make it a race car doesnt make sense to me. There are far better cars as a platform.

The guy isn't that dumb. He actually made a rollcage and reinforced the chassis from the car. And he knows the risks he's taking with such car :P
Something tells me where's not in Kansas anymore...

3sgte

« Reply #1143 on: March 23, 2005, 02:28:54 am »

Thanks for that highly technical review of Opel.

One question, What is wrong with driving housewives?

BOZZY

« Reply #1144 on: March 23, 2005, 02:59:23 am »
Well here's some good news to hear...

Good news !!! OB Planning had just announced that there will be two (2) new episodes (Episode 15 & 16) for Initial D Fourth Stage, which now consists of 16 episodes total. The air date for episode 15 - 16 is June 18th, 2005. And just in case you are wondering, air date for episode 13 - 14 is April 16th, 2005.
- from Initial D World

http://www.obkikaku.com/initial/index.html

Also it is mentioned on their website...

Offline hellbent

• Condor Hero
  • don't drift under the influence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: March 23, 2005, 05:12:22 am »
Hey no fair, I already posted that in the other 4th stage thread. Anyway, it true that there will be at least 2 more eps, hopefully more. (Remember Cowboy Bepop was only 13 eps, but got extended to 26 because of demand). it not uncommon in Japan for anime studios to do this. Heres what I can make of it, with my yet limited Japanesse.
Broadcast Schedule: 13th story, 14 story 4/16 (Saturday), 15th story, 16th story 6/18 (Saturday).
Hopefully they will extend to more than 2 or maube even a 5th stage.
Let us all pray to the car/anime gods together, so we shall see more ID.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 05:14:32 am by hellbent »
There are 2 things infinite.
Human stupidity and the Universe....Iam not sure about the universe.

Just_J

« Reply #1146 on: March 23, 2005, 05:48:08 am »
Roll cages as most of you already know are kind of mislabeled, a roll cage (if correctly implemented) stiffens the chassis to help protect the driver in an accident (and most of the time improves handling and lessens torsional body forces) , they are not end all be all fixes and will break (as in the case of the ~160 side impact).  However, even in breaking they have absorbed a large amount of force (high carbon steel is tough shit) and still can be considered to do their job (probably saving drivers life).

Rally rollcages are STRONG. Not sure if anyof you heard, but the #1 driver for the Subaru US Rally team died in an accident. They hit a huge tree sideways at 80+MPH. The rollcage didn't even dent. Check out some WRC wrecks, the fact the drivers walked away from some of those wrecks (like when Tommi Makenin hit a wall and rolled down a cliff in Corsica) is a testiment to how strong the cages are built. They certainly earned their name in Rally.

Offline Elchfaenger

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: March 23, 2005, 06:44:25 am »

Thanks for that highly technical review of Opel.

One question, What is wrong with driving housewives?

Nothing, but I am none *gg*
Do I feel some sarcasm around? ;)
Speed doesn't kill - its the sudden stop that hurts!

Offline JC

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: March 23, 2005, 07:07:03 am »
They shouldn't be out of the kitchen, right? :P Haha, lucky my girlfriend doesn't read this, I'd be dead ;) (She works, I don't... Oh the irony)

Holden import Opels into Australia for sale under the Holden Badge, we also export the Monaro GTO to America as the Pontiac GTO (The new VZ Monaro has fully functional bonnet scoops... Woopde do :/... It has nostrils!)

The image of that car before is the same car that we call the Barina, little 1.4L DOHC 4 cylinder job. Over here it seems good practice to rice it up, with body kits, lowering blah blah blah... I've even seen one with a turbo!

One European car I wouldn't mind getting is the new BMW M5... Mmm :D They're nice, but apart from that, most of the cars I want are Australian made (Holdens), although the police here are now using WRX STi MY05's, EVO VIII's and Astra Turbo's (Not sure of the Opel name for them) as undercover cars... Simply because their normal cars can't keep up with the rice burners here (For a side note, the EVO's can't keep up with ANYTHING :P)
"Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven" - John Milton, Paradise Lost

chichin0

« Reply #1149 on: March 23, 2005, 08:33:00 am »
Did you guys get a watered down EVO in kangaroo land? 'cause our EVO's in the states haul like stink... And in britain they have a 405 bhp light weight edition...I believe it's called the EVO VIII MR (S-tune?) i dunno, but i saw it on top gear and it hauled ass.  

BTW that Holden VZ monero, would that have the 6.0L LS2 or the old 5.7L LS1 under the hood? 'cause all of the new GTO's in the states have 6.0L LS2's.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 08:34:30 am by chichin0 »

Offline JC

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: March 23, 2005, 09:31:07 am »
6.0L LS2... Very sweet engine :P

Nah, not that... With cops, they have a limit on how much they can do with the car before even they can't drive it as a pursuit car. And as it stands the WRX, oddly enough, allows for them to do more with them. Cops arn't allowed to lighten the car in any way, can only do underhood stuff and add in a screen between the front and rear seats for when they have a criminal in the back :P

If the GTO in the 'states has an engine, we have it too, goes there via export... And as I remember from the launch of the GTO with the LS1 in a few years ago, the speaker asked a few people in the audience to comment on the car, and one person said "It's a great testiment to well built american cars" to which the speaker replied "It's actually an Australian built car"... Needless to say, a lot of people were surprised :P

Evoluti0n

« Reply #1151 on: March 24, 2005, 01:41:16 am »
hey guys, i dont know if this been posted, but heres some cool initial d videos i saw on another forum.

http://members.cox.net/d.resto/box_d_streamer.mov

http://members.cox.net/jetttmack/initial_d_stage2.mov

Supra_Saiyan

« Reply #1152 on: March 24, 2005, 03:44:25 am »
They shouldn't be out of the kitchen, right? :P Haha, lucky my girlfriend doesn't read this, I'd be dead ;) (She works, I don't... Oh the irony)

Holden import Opels into Australia for sale under the Holden Badge, we also export the Monaro GTO to America as the Pontiac GTO (The new VZ Monaro has fully functional bonnet scoops... Woopde do :/... It has nostrils!)

The image of that car before is the same car that we call the Barina, little 1.4L DOHC 4 cylinder job. Over here it seems good practice to rice it up, with body kits, lowering blah blah blah... I've even seen one with a turbo!

One European car I wouldn't mind getting is the new BMW M5... Mmm :D They're nice, but apart from that, most of the cars I want are Australian made (Holdens), although the police here are now using WRX STi MY05's, EVO VIII's and Astra Turbo's (Not sure of the Opel name for them) as undercover cars... Simply because their normal cars can't keep up with the rice burners here (For a side note, the EVO's can't keep up with ANYTHING :P)

Holden and ford are both shit.

Did you guys get a watered down EVO in kangaroo land? 'cause our EVO's in the states haul like stink... And in britain they have a 405 bhp light weight edition...I believe it's called the EVO VIII MR (S-tune?) i dunno, but i saw it on top gear and it hauled ass.  

BTW that Holden VZ monero, would that have the 6.0L LS2 or the old 5.7L LS1 under the hood? 'cause all of the new GTO's in the states have 6.0L LS2's.

yes we got the watered down version of the evo 8.  its so shit here
Max. output (EEC net) kW (PS)/rpm: 195 (265) @ 6,500
Max. torque (EEC net) N-m (kg-m)/rpm: 355 (36.2) @ 3,500
Max. speed km/h: 245
Acceleration (0–100 km/h) sec.: 6.1
Acceleration (0–400m) sec.: 14.5
Turning Circle: 11.8
Power/Weight Ratio (kW/Kg): 7.5
Specific Power (kW/litre): 97.5
Fuel consumption (litres/100 km) (ADR 81/01): 10.9
CO2 (g/km) ADR 81/01: 258
Total kg: 1,470
http://www.lancerevolutionviii.com.au/specifications.asp

vs REAL EVO
(japan evolution 9 RS)

power: kW (PS)/rpm       206 (280)/6500
torque: Nm (kg.m)/rpm  407 (41.5)/3000
weight : 1320kg
http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/EVO/spec02.html
« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 03:54:24 am by Supra_Saiyan »

Offline JC

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: March 24, 2005, 06:48:13 am »
Do you know why the car is "Watered down?"

It's our octate content in our fuel :) It's almost done on purpose... So if you want the extra bits of power, you need higher octate in your fuel, notice how we can't get it over 100ron points even with a bottle of octate boost?

A ricer fanboy... Please leave the country, you know where the airport is, or does Sam have to show you the way? :P

Offline CooBlueDAB

• Condor Hero
  • To each his own, and I'm in my own universe.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: March 24, 2005, 09:11:02 am »
why would the car be manufactured and distributed in a condition where octaine level of a country would be detrimental for an engine...
Octaine is basically like this right... higher the number, the higher compression is needed to ignite it.  Match the fuel with compression ratio, and you will have a reliable machine that fires at the correct time and not early and not missing...

So unless I can be proven wrong.....  By your statement... that lower octaine is the reason.. (which would mean the car is in a state in which it is not firing correctly from manufacturer for the country and that would mean danger to the engines in a big way) ....Then the only way to get the extra HP is to bump up compression with a thinner head gasket or different pistons etc....  then use the same octaine level as is required by the jap model.  

Simply using higher octaine will not help an engine unless it is misfiring early.  The same goes for lowering octaine if it cannot ignite it early enough.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 09:14:32 am by CooBlueDAB »
Kevin is awesome, worship him! (YES!)