Author Topic: Initial D 4th Stage comments... - Archive Topic (Locked)  (Read 970727 times)

Offline Dapprman

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Initial D 4th Stage comments...
« Reply #1170 on: March 25, 2005, 05:21:46 pm »
RON Ratings - sorry Just_J - but all of Europe also uses RON (as opposed to (RON+MON/2).
BTW US fuel = 86 or 90 RON depending on where you are - though I have heard of some states selling 91 and even 92.  In Europe stock fuel is 94 and higher octane is either 97 or 98 (though in Germany I beleive BP sell 100 octane).
In Japan they well 90 and 100 Octane fuels.

Offline CooBlueDAB

• Condor Hero
  • To each his own, and I'm in my own universe.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: March 25, 2005, 08:09:53 pm »
jap fuel is close to ours... its not 100 and 91 here..  its closer like 94 jap 93 america... that isnt exact... but close, they do have higher oct... but not by a huge amount..  you are just getting caught in the different methods used to measure it.
Kevin is awesome, worship him! (YES!)

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
  • Time to roll the dice...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: March 26, 2005, 01:32:25 am »
exhaust coming out of your valve cover mostly like says theres something wrong with one or more of your intake valves maybe bent or not seating right and allowing a leak,i think. If anyone thinks im wrong or knows somethings else that could cause it,post it, i would love to correct errors in my knowledge
The planet weaves a cruel fate for men... Children are always the first to suffer... Geostigma,Genova,Reunion... Children who have lost hope... Respite for the Soul... And so he takes sword in hand once again...

Just_J

« Reply #1173 on: March 26, 2005, 02:23:06 am »
RON Ratings - sorry Just_J - but all of Europe also uses RON (as opposed to (RON+MON/2).
BTW US fuel = 86 or 90 RON depending on where you are - though I have heard of some states selling 91 and even 92.  In Europe stock fuel is 94 and higher octane is either 97 or 98 (though in Germany I beleive BP sell 100 octane).
In Japan they well 90 and 100 Octane fuels.

Sorry what? I'm in the US, we use (RON+MON)/2, it's on every gas pump. 91 Octane is the minimum for "premium", where I am they have 92, and 93 in some spots.

The fuel here is ~86 for regular, ~88 for plus, ~91 for premium. Up the street, to be exact, it's 87, 89, and 92. There's a drag strip with 100 octane unleaded. :-D

JC, the car you're talking about is the Spec C. They're probably throwing on a different name for the AUS market. I hope they bring a Spec C version of the USDM STi over. :)

I'd say the Version 6 STi Type RA is one of the best ever made. Such a sweet car. :) The new Spec C is wicked fast however. The rumor mill is churning about the next USDM STi, I know the WRX here is getting a bump in displacement to 2.5L, and a jump in power to 240 IIRC. I'm curious to see if Subaru increases the power of the STi to compensate for the uprated EVO.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2005, 02:27:18 am by Just_J »

3sgte

« Reply #1174 on: March 26, 2005, 02:56:20 am »
exhaust coming out of your valve cover mostly like says theres something wrong with one or more of your intake valves maybe bent or not seating right and allowing a leak,i think. If anyone thinks im wrong or knows somethings else that could cause it,post it, i would love to correct errors in my knowledge

Actually, you are off base on the intake valve thing.

If detonation breaks the rings, or the piston ring lands(grooves), the combustion gasses will enter the crankcase. This is the source of exhaust I was referring to.(in the context of the fuel quality discussion)

Offline JC

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: March 26, 2005, 04:40:39 pm »
The 'states had the MY04 WRX STi with a supercharger option... According to a subaru dealers website in the US I found ages ago... Can't find the URL in any logs though, so I'd have to search through all the google results for it... Not really in the mood for that :P

Thursday night I went rallying with some friends... Got a GTiR bogged due to the idiot owner lowering it and trying to clear some really soft sand, but he was most embarrased to have himself pulled out by a Charade Turbo :P At the end of the night we had a race in teams of two, ended up being a tie between my friends MY98 STi and an EVO III, due to the EVO nudging us on the last corner and sending us a little wide, else we'd've won hands down :/

Such fun in Pine Plantations :D
"Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven" - John Milton, Paradise Lost

Just_J

« Reply #1176 on: March 28, 2005, 12:52:41 am »
The 'states had the MY04 WRX STi with a supercharger option... According to a subaru dealers website in the US I found ages ago... Can't find the URL in any logs though, so I'd have to search through all the google results for it... Not really in the mood for that :P

Car dealers are full of crap, and that one is no exception. There is not a Supercharger option for the STi. If that particular dealer had one (which I highly doubt), it's specific to them.

irockash

« Reply #1177 on: March 28, 2005, 04:34:50 am »
kinda off topic arnt we?

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: March 28, 2005, 08:52:31 am »
happens alot. but its fun just the same
The planet weaves a cruel fate for men... Children are always the first to suffer... Geostigma,Genova,Reunion... Children who have lost hope... Respite for the Soul... And so he takes sword in hand once again...

Offline JC

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: March 28, 2005, 09:15:04 am »
irockash: Welcome to real forums :P

Just_J: That wouldn't surprise me, the other thing as bad as car dealerships is little old ladies in Fords who don't look where they're going (Not a scratch to her... My front end looks like someone hit it with a claw hammer :/)

That's another $300.00 I'll be spending on repairing the front of my car... At least now I've become effecient at it and it won't take as long as before... Perth drivers SUCK!

Offline Usagi_Yojimbo

• Condor Hero
  • It wasn't me, I wasn't there, you can't prove it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: March 28, 2005, 11:22:10 am »
goddam dude, why do you have to pay?
He who sleep with itchy butthole. Wake with stinky finger

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: March 28, 2005, 07:27:23 pm »
if he lives in a place like florida where its a no fault state you have to pay for your own stuff regardless of whos fault it was... it sucks but whats there to do about it.

3sgte

« Reply #1182 on: March 28, 2005, 09:22:15 pm »
Isn't Perth one of those islands in the Florida Keys?
;)

Offline JC

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: March 28, 2005, 11:47:27 pm »
lol... Yeah... It's cheaper without going through all the red tape and insurance companies :/

That and if you go through insurance companies, they tend to ask lots of questions that you don't really want to have to answer... Like why your car has a pod filter, blah blah blah...

Perth, capital city of Western Australia... :P

On a sidenote... Both accidents that have happened, I've given out my insurance details, and never had a claim made... First one the dickhead broke the law by not giving details, the second one I moved the bumper on the other car less than 5mm... And some mild scratches... Wow :P

Drift

« Reply #1184 on: March 29, 2005, 04:36:29 am »
That's no surprise. When your car has the front smashed it becomes automatically your fault in my state. Those dumb insurance companies will do anything to keep the money and nothing to help you.