Author Topic: Tsubasa Chronicle 2nd Season MASTER THREAD  (Read 264779 times)

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
Re: Tsubasa Chronicle 2nd Season MASTER THREAD
« Reply #225 on: June 06, 2006, 04:37:35 pm »
I'm not too worried about season 2 being licensed any time soon. Because the English company hasn't even announced having a cast yet. Once they have a cast then they will have to dub, so we have a little time.

We HAVE REASONS to believe that the license for Tsubasa Season 2 will probably be announced within the end of summer.  Not to be alarmed, but there are strong chances of it.  Then Funi does not need to announce the cast and start the dubbing for Season 1 in order to license Season 2.  I can't say more, but just remember a fansubber will probably know more than an average fan will about these stuff.

Meanwhile we better enjoy the series while it's still being subbed. Again God knows how many more subbed episodes will we have the honor to watch.  ::)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 04:46:42 pm by Tsubasa »
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline Shadic

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 06, 2006, 05:04:57 pm »
Well maybe it will maybe it wont we won't know for sure. But I haven't seen any anime that I know of yet that gets licensed before that particular season finish airing in Japan.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 06, 2006, 05:41:03 pm »
Well maybe it will maybe it wont we won't know for sure. But I haven't seen any anime that I know of yet that gets licensed before that particular season finish airing in Japan.

Well, that has nothing to do with getting licensed.  Some animes are even pre-licensed.
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432

Offline Shadic

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 06, 2006, 05:51:19 pm »
Bah License or not I don't care anymore. License it if they want they can't stop me from watching it.

That's what Satellite TV is for, would help if I was fluent in Japanese though lol.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 06, 2006, 06:03:18 pm »
Bah License or not I don't care anymore. License it if they want they can't stop me from watching it.

That's what Satellite TV is for, would help if I was fluent in Japanese though lol.

Why download if you can watch it on Japanese TV?

Offline Shadic

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 06, 2006, 06:08:35 pm »
would help if I was fluent in Japanese though lol.

Like I said before I'm only starting to learn Japanese and don't know it well enough to understand. Watching it is still kewl but it'd be nice to understand.

When Funimation licensed season 1 that pushed me into starting to Learn Japanese , but it's not easy since there's some words in Japanese that doesn't have an english equivilent. Such as "Desu"

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 06, 2006, 06:13:26 pm »
Like I said before I'm only starting to learn Japanese and don't know it well enough to understand. Watching it is still kewl but it'd be nice to understand.

When Funimation licensed season 1 that pushed me into starting to Learn Japanese , but it's not easy since there's some words in Japanese that doesn't have an english equivilent. Such as "Desu"

Actually I was just curious about if you we're planning to watch the dub on satellite TV....because that will take sometime.  So meanwhile, you'll be watching the raws I suppose.

Offline Shadic

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 06, 2006, 06:19:26 pm »
No, I wouldn't, I prefer Japanese over English any time. But I will get the DVDs cause you can switch it to Japanese and also to watch the english one to see what they did. Butchered or how close to the original they got it.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 06, 2006, 06:26:34 pm »
After watching the original broadcast of CCS on NHK back in Japan, I was totally shocked to see what Nevlana did to my beloved CCS when they made the dub.  It was truly a nightmare....even now if I even get a glimpse of it on TV, I run for my life!  It's a wonder I didn't throw something at the TV.  So I am definitely not gonna watch the dub, it will kill me to watch the characters speak in the voices of the English dub cast.

Offline MichaIL

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 06, 2006, 06:38:03 pm »
funny, that topic became a chat between two people.  ::)

I am new here, so it's nice posting here for the first time.
just for the introduction, my name is Michael, i am 17 years old (in two weeks 18) and i am from Israel.
I seen all the episodes of tsubasa subbed by DB and L-E.

And now for the topic, (and for Tsubasa not getting mad at me) why is the episode's release is delaid again? any one knows? tsubasa, can you ask tofusensei?
it's almost 3 days!!!!  ???

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 06, 2006, 07:06:02 pm »
Thanks for joining the forums and posting on this thread Michael.

To answer you question, Tofusensei is at the moment AWOL and we haven't heard from him for like.....ummm....6 days?  Maybe he is busy with other stuff.  But I really don't know how to explain this sudden disappearance.  He does come to the forums but not to our channels and probably comes to Rizon as well.  Thats what I've heard.  My e-mails and pms don't seem to work as well: I don't get any response so I'm totally clueless.

Like I said this project is joint project of L-E and DB and we don't much about what goes on with it since Tofusensei & interactii deals with it only.  If you are not afraid of bans, you might as well visit their channel on Thursday when it's open to the public and ask THEM...as we have a rule for banning those who ask us. 

All in all, heat up this topic to get their attention and maybe that will bear us TC 32.

-Tsubasa

But he is very nice and I believe very dedicated to this series, hopefully he has some solid reason to explain his absence.  I haven't lost faith in him yet.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 07:24:58 pm by Tsubasa »

Offline GreatKeroBerous

• n00b Hero
  • *Sigh* I luv anime
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 06, 2006, 08:18:34 pm »
Ever feel like a forum can be compared to a communist government. We all live our days in fear for if we say the wrong thing we will be KILLED!! Erm.. I mean banned... sorry, got carried away  ;D

Offline SailorDh

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 06, 2006, 08:23:47 pm »
Heh i thought 32 was awesome all CHOBITS stuff :)

They even hung out at Tirol.

Tofu is probably in a trance with that song on mp3 in infinte loop.

Offline Wenchfaery

• n00b Hero
  • the wenchiest of the faeries!
    • View Profile
    • My LJ
« Reply #238 on: June 06, 2006, 08:26:22 pm »
Okay, I caved.

Hey everyone, I'm new here. Been lurking since the last delay, and I just had to respond to Tsubasa's impassioned pleas. So, here I am.

Tofusensei! Where are you! We Need You! (And not just for Tsubasa! I want more Ask Dr. Rin!) We miss you! Please come back! ;D
~tsukino hikari wa ai no message~

Offline GreatKeroBerous

• n00b Hero
  • *Sigh* I luv anime
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 06, 2006, 08:31:26 pm »
Hee hee hee, The funny thing is that when you posted that message, Tofusensei was logged on, but he is gone now. Probably listing to that song on the loop sequence like SailorDh suggested.  ;D